Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jumping media screen

C

Caliadventurer

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello
We have a 2016 Ocean and alas we have been hit with the issue of the information media screen jumping around at will/changing radio stations.

Having researched this site I can see folks rave about a place near London to fix the issue but can anyone recommend anywhere just as good in the North West?

The current journey; the van has decided we aren’t listening to Heart 80’s in favour of Radio 3

We've had this issue...also a 2016 Ocean. It's been driving us mad. Symptoms include; stations changing on their own, constant beeping. Having changed a couple of things it seems to be behaving itself better of late... all I did was;
Thoroughly clean the LCD screen, and in the menu, in setup, choose 'system settings', then choose 'screen settings' de-select 'animation when finger near screen' and 'touchscreen tone'.
I'm still monitoring the unit, but it is no longer driving us insane....has to be worth a try.

Thoroughly clean the LCD screen, and in the menu, in setup, choose 'system settings', then choose 'screen settings' de-select 'animation when finger near screen' and 'touchscreen tone'.
I'm still monitoring the unit, but it is no longer driving us insane....has to be worth a try.
We had the same issue and cleaning sorted for a while and soon returned. (2016van) replaced under extended warranty at 4 1/2 years old. No quibble from the dealer once they saw it.

Last edited:
Thanks I will try that for sure. Could save us a lot of a cash! Did yours affect the CarPlay too? So when we use Waze for directions the screen just wander off and doesn’t stay on the icon we should be following!

Thanks.
We had the same issue and cleaning sorted for a while and soon returned. (2016van) replaced under extended warranty at 4 1/2 years old. No quibble from the dealer once they saw it.
I’m afraid we don’t have any warranty left. I shall give the above method a whirl, say a few prayers and let you guys know.

Thanks I will try that for sure. Could save us a lot of a cash! Did yours affect the CarPlay too? So when we use Waze for directions the screen just wander off and doesn’t stay on the icon we should be following!
Yes, same symptoms on CarPlay, although I just use google maps and it doesn't happen often. It is annoying but pressing 're-centre' normally gets it back on track. just like you, this started after the end of my extended warranty.

The place in London (Chertsey) can do a postal service!
well worth a phone call to see if they can help.
Hamid or Adam really know Their stuff and will not BS you, if they can help they will, if not they will point you in the right direction

Hamid or Adam really know Their stuff and will not BS you, if they can help they will, if not they will point you in the right direction
Hello
We have a 2016 Ocean and alas we have been hit with the issue of the information media screen jumping around at will/changing radio stations.

Having researched this site I can see folks rave about a place near London to fix the issue but can anyone recommend anywhere just as good in the North West?

The current journey; the van has decided we aren’t listening to Heart 80’s in favour of Radio 3
I have just followed your advice! We drive back home today so let’s cross our fingers!

Thanks that’s great. Ideally I’d prefer somewhere in the North West but I’ve just tried CoboCalis advice and will report back when we hit the road shortly!

Here is a thread that may be of use to you and explain the touch screen issue some experience.

Back