Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Keeping it California - Last Chance to VOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Amarillo , Tom i did not started the poll .
Just giving my opinion as member not as moderator
Polls are not the way to solve things as the vote is not commiting you to something....on the other hand probally no election is...:talktothehand

@Duxdeluxe ,
highjacking example: when a member starts a thread about something , in the technical section it could be detailed with pictures,etc . And a few others start to ruin the thread by posting all kind of irrelevant posts just becose the coversation turned a other direction , this is very sad for the OP as he putted in the effort and then seeing his thread going the other way.
This forum is used by many as source to fix things and find sollutions for al kinds of problems , it's always nice to have clear and correct info.
If one wants to talk whatever : general chit chat , three cocks,...
If you want to discus a whole other story than the OP's thread , start your own thread , use the search function as lots has been discussed in older threads, post in the correct subforum,....
There are so many features on this forum but not everyone know how to use them (or don't bother at all) and things get posted where they should not be.
These are just simple things that will keep everone happy.
This site is a encyclopedia about VW California never seen elsewhere and it would be very sad it would turn in to a facebookpage where everyone just posts random .
We try to stick to a pattern in the diffrent forumsections .

Nothing personal to you;) just pointing out that we need to respect each other and remember there are current over 18.000 members so a lot of diversity.

@Keith Smith , we do talk behind the scene in a moderators only section.
Moderating posts illegal ? Don't know ...facebook and twitter does thesame no?
I wish we never ever had to moderated a post , that would mean everyone was polite to others.
Sure the admins know what is illegal and not.
You mean like what you have done to this thread :D

What is a thread hi jack ? In my experience conversation is fluid it starts with a topic then often goes off topic goes to several other topics then twenty minutes later we are back on the original topic again.

It seems that some people are very sensitive, emotional even, when they get a reply they did not expect, often on a subsidiary point.

And then there are clashes of life philosophies. When someone posts with an opposing philosophy or outlook it can be construed as undermining the point that was being made.

A little tolerance of opposing outlooks would go a long way.

You mean like what you have done to this thread :D
This is a thread in “ announcements” so any comment is ok i guess...exept political or CV related;)

After putting up with numerous threads and posts on coronavirus and politics we think its time to draw the line as this is a vw california forum. There is far too much bickering going on i have set up a poll that will run until next sunday if its yes i will remove all and ban any further post about the subject if its a No i will remove this post and let you carry on.
I agree. I don’t want to hear about cv or politics anywhere and have already deleted most of my social media accounts because of this. I’m on here to hear about all things Cali. Nothing else.

It seems that some people are very sensitive, emotional even, when they get a reply they did not expect, often on a subsidiary point.

And then there are clashes of life philosophies. When someone posts with an opposing philosophy or outlook it can be construed as undermining the point that was being made.

A little tolerance of opposing outlooks would go a long way.

I don’t agree with either of the first two paragraphs but do with the third.

With our track record that is probably quite positive

I won’t elaborate on why as there would be a danger of thread hi-Jack.

Mike

This poll reflects members feelings about threads that have nothing to do with politics being polluted with political discussion or being led towards a path of political discussion.

The framework within which this forum works will be clarified on Monday morning. Until then I have deleted two posts that make reference to a political post in the three cocks section.

Please respect the overwhelming responses of members in this thread by keeping politics out of it. Thank you.

Excited for the New Frame! (Looked for the available emoticon, but a bit embarrassed to use this sensual Elvis hip-shaker so early in the morning ;-). Could we have more emoticon nuances? And use them more, and more than one per response? So handy to not always have to open a post to notice it's just a basic reaction. It just makes threads less long-winded.

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-31 om 07.11.23.png

After putting up with numerous threads and posts on coronavirus and politics we think its time to draw the line as this is a vw california forum. There is far too much bickering going on i have set up a poll that will run until next sunday if its yes i will remove all and ban any further post about the subject if its a No i will remove this post and let you carry on.
It was a breath of fresh air when we found this site a few months ago. I haven't used the forum for many weeks due to the amount of vitriol and politics which have appeared. Ironic that we have invested recently a large amount of money to provide an escape from the daily grind and aggravation to find it is back to the grind stone on this forum. Surely there are other more politics focused platforms where these things can be discussed without undermining the ethos and positive aspects of this group. Thanks for doing something about it. Kind regards.

Properly get more true from other members that watching or listening to the Media

It was a breath of fresh air when we found this site a few months ago. I haven't used the forum for many weeks due to the amount of vitriol and politics which have appeared. Ironic that we have invested recently a large amount of money to provide an escape from the daily grind and aggravation to find it is back to the grind stone on this forum. Surely there are other more politics focused platforms where these things can be discussed without undermining the ethos and positive aspects of this group. Thanks for doing something about it. Kind regards.
You weren't forced to read the juicy stuff.

Excited for the New Frame! (Looked for the available emoticon, but a bit embarrassed to use this sensual Elvis hip-shaker so early in the morning ;-). Could we have more emoticon nuances? And use them more, and more than one per response? So handy to not always have to open a post to notice it's just a basic reaction. It just makes threads less long-winded.

View attachment 60081
Not more Funny faces, it’s bad enough with the ones we already have. Too many nuances, too many to try to remember. I prefer that we keep it simple.

Not more Funny faces, it’s bad enough with the ones we already have. Too many nuances, too many to try to remember. I prefer that we keep it simple.
I wanted to thank you for your remark, but not to give you a medal as reward. That's what I mean. Whatever icons, as long as they get more used, so i am not at each time disappointed to open to find nothing.

Well said.

Hear bloody hear......

You weren't forced to read the juicy stuff.
I'm afraid IMHO you are completely missing the point, of course no one is forced to read the 'juicy stuff'. However, most of us do not want to have to wade through and avoid mostly childish spats and in some cases vitriolic abuse (what you interestingly call the juicy stuff) in order to discuss and learn about 'Cali life'. I am sure 99% of all members would agree. As usual, it is the tiny small minority who spoil it for everyone.

I wanted to thank you for your remark, but not to give you a medal as reward. That's what I mean. Whatever icons, as long as they get more used, so i am not at each time disappointed to open to find nothing.
I think the problem with icons/emojis etc is that unless you spend your days on social media lots of us need a conversion table to understand the meaning of various facial expressions and the connotation of the dancing fruit and vegetables. I find the few that are available under the “like” button give plenty of options, basically “like” or “agree” are enough for me. If I want to disagree or expand on my answer I can reply to the post. But thanks for the medal :thumb

Good point. Let's not forget that in the past, before we had meaty topics like Brexit to yell at each other about, there have been significant handbag-swinging episodes that started in threads about whether Oceans (well, SEs in those days) or Beaches are better, and the merits or not of DSG.

What matters to me is that at least minimum levels of decent manners are kept when debating any subject. Most of us know when a line has been crossed and if a member is way over that line, that's when mods may have to step in, and should do without hesitation IMO. But pre-emptively trying to ban certain subjects is fruitless, I feel.
Lest we forget “jam or cream first”

I'm afraid IMHO you are completely missing the point, of course no one is forced to read the 'juicy stuff'. However, most of us do not want to have to wade through and avoid mostly childish spats and in some cases vitriolic abuse (what you interestingly call the juicy stuff) in order to discuss and learn about 'Cali life'. I am sure 99% of all members would agree. As usual, it is the tiny small minority who spoil it for everyone.
i spotted the irony there :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.