Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

kids sleeping bags

B

BillyBain

VIP Member
Anyone got any recommendations for kids sleeping bags? Will be for a 2 and 4 year old, sleeping up top, camping from around May to October and we won't have a topper (unless they start making one that accommodates a roof-rack)

I have a 2 season child bag from eurohike which has served both my girls well. Being shorter length, it keeps them cosy. Kids sleep up top and stay warm enough.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Check out the Pucer thermal wrap for the canvas.... You can still use a roof rack with it and it's warmer.

It'll be on my shopping list for next Autumn.

We use the Khyam kids sleeping bags, no complaints from my kids :thumb

Sleeping bags - when my two girls were growing I couldn't afford to keep changing bags, so I used to put them in normal adult bags with a belt tied at their body length. I also removed all cords and stuff from the hood area.

Just a thought, as you'll probably get a better adult bag for the price of a quality childs bag.

Have a look at gelert sleeping pods , you can turn in side the bag we all have them

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Vango Junior for our two plus a Pucer roof cover. 30 nights, mostly fine!

Alpkit do really good kids down sleeping bags, and lots of other really nice kit too!
Look them up at www.alpkit.com

To be honest we started with a childs sleeping bag but very quickly swapped to quilts.

Gives them greater freedom of movement (you might not want this ;) )

Given they are pretty normal sized beds, would you put them in sleeping bags at home?

We now have one normal quilt for upstairs and a VERY light weight European one for inside the van. We use compression/stuff sacks to keep them small. (Incidental they are also the spare quilts we use for visitors at home.

At first i got hung up on the "it's not proper camping" syndrome but very quickly gave way to... "It's so much more comfortable"

Just a thought.

Rgds
Mar

Back