Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Last T6.1 Ocean

M

Moggymog

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Just wondering out of the people awaiting a new Ocean, have any been given a build slot yet and when is production likely to end?

I was told mine has a Week 27 build (w/c 1st July)

Last edited:
Nobody else waiting for one?

Build will end when the order bank is depleted. To work out when that is we’d need to know how many orders there were until the order book closer and the current speed of production. Which we don’t.

My best guess would be they will time the end of build with the summer shutdown at the factory, or 2 - 4 weeks before that To get ready for retooling.

Which means 1st July will be one of the last built.

If you are trying to find out when your delivery will be add 10 - 20 days to the build week.

Build will end when the order bank is depleted. To work out when that is we’d need to know how many orders there were until the order book closer and the current speed of production. Which we don’t.

My best guess would be they will time the end of build with the summer shutdown at the factory, or 2 - 4 weeks before that To get ready for retooling.

Which means 1st July will be one of the last built.

If you are trying to find out when your delivery will be add 10 - 20 days to the build week.
Makes sense.....just trying to get a rough idea so I can sell my current car.

Yes, I am. No build week yet. When did you order?
10th April - so not long before the order books closed. What about you?

....another one down the road from me then; what colour did you choose?

Easter w/end, end of March; the 5+ deal tempted me back in. Ascot grey.
Nice - Yeah it was the 5+ that swung it for me too.

You should get yours before me then. I’ll keep an eye out for you

Ordered Easter weekend, had an update video from Jamie + Breeze yesterday to say it's going into build this week, 4 week build and 4 weeks for delivery.
Should be picking it up mid July hopefully!
Just this afternoon put my ocean on Autotrader

Ordered Easter weekend, had an update video from Jamie + Breeze yesterday to say it's going into build this week, 4 week build and 4 weeks for delivery.
Should be picking it up mid July hopefully!
Exciting.....I'm expecting a call from the dealer this week with an update but that fits with what I was initially told (ordered 2 weeks after you and ETA 2 weeks after).
Keep me posted how you get on

Exciting.....I'm expecting a call from the dealer this week with an update but that fits with what I was initially told (ordered 2 weeks after you and ETA 2 weeks after).
Keep me posted how you get on
Ordered 11/3 ..was informed it was being built week 19 which was week before last so its in production and expecting a call from Jamie at Breeze that its on its way to the port. He anticipated collection from Early July

Fingers crossed for you - should be a decent amount of summer left to enjoy it

Week 23 so August sometime for delivery. I wonder which builds will be the last 1500 leaving the factory.?

Week 23 so August sometime for delivery. I wonder which builds will be the last 1500 leaving the factory.?
I'm guessing mine (Week 27), unless it gets brought forward. Not sure whether the badge is anything to get too excited about but might help retain value......especially if the new one flops!!

I'm guessing mine (Week 27), unless it gets brought forward. Not sure whether the badge is anything to get too excited about but might help retain value......especially if the new one flops!!
Yep, slightly underwhelming as a VW grand gesture.

Ordered our new 4Mo on 7th March. It was at the docks awaiting shipment on 1st May. Told today still at the docks awaiting a boat. That's three weeks so far of getting covered in seagull poo. There must be alot of new cars coming into the UK!

:headbang At least it'll wash off!!!
I guess it depends when it arrives at the docks.....some possibly turn up and get loaded onto an awaiting boat.
Hope you enjoy it when it arrives

Out of interest, did you list in the cars, vans or Motorhome category? I went for Motorhome with good results but it can be a little confusing!

Yep, slightly underwhelming as a VW grand gesture.
At peak production it’s 150 Cali’s a day roll off production line I read somewhere so I suppose that badge is just destined for last 10 days of production, if those figures are correct?

At peak production it’s 150 Cali’s a day roll off production line I read somewhere so I suppose that badge is just destined for last 10 days of production, if those figures are correct?
Crikey, VW churn them out. I never realised they produced that many.

Crikey, VW churn them out. I never realised they produced that many.
I may be wrong..I just googled it to try to work out and
estimate when those last edition stickers would be dished out…the one thing it didn’t say was that at a peak production year so this figure may be a little optimistic ..perhaps one of our experts on here could verify?

I may be wrong..I just googled it to try to work out and
estimate when those last edition stickers would be dished out…the one thing it didn’t say was that at a peak production year so this figure may be a little optimistic ..perhaps one of our experts on here could verify?
Yeah that is quite a lot - wonder how the recent bellows issue and the new model will affect those numbers??

Just wondering out of the people awaiting a new Ocean, have any been given a build slot yet and when is production likely to end?

I was told mine has a Week 27 build (w/c 1st July)
I have a sad tale to tell. Ordered a 4-motion with diff lock in Mojave Beige 3rd week in March. I decided on the style pack- I know its not everyone's cuppa but we felt, having seen one, it matched the colour really well and particularly liked the front and back Aluminium skid pans - personal choice. At the time it was still on the config but a week later or so that and sports pack came off. Anyway, heard nothing and called into dealer from time to time....and they said everything fine. Having read these threads I decided to push harder for an up-date. However, today my dealer told me that VW had been in touch two days ago - no style pack (OK, annoying but can live with this) can't do Mojave Beige (kinda OK but now two lemons) and order has been cancelled....I have been told that's it gone. Apparently VW emailed my dealer to say 'we can't build this - can you let us know in the next 15 mins what the customer wants us to do'....and of course they didn't see the email until 'later'. How utterly ridiculous. So our dream has been shattered....two years planning and many more years saving....even purchased a ridge monkey pan!!!!....and planned our holiday to Shetland in August.... I've been told that production has stopped....this can't be true but we do know that new orders stopped a while back. I wonder if anyone else has /is experiencing a cancelled order. I need to compose myself and consider my next steps.

I have a sad tale to tell. Ordered a 4-motion with diff lock in Mojave Beige 3rd week in March. I decided on the style pack- I know its not everyone's cuppa but we felt, having seen one, it matched the colour really well and particularly liked the front and back Aluminium skid pans - personal choice. At the time it was still on the config but a week later or so that and sports pack came off. Anyway, heard nothing and called into dealer from time to time....and they said everything fine. Having read these threads I decided to push harder for an up-date. However, today my dealer told me that VW had been in touch two days ago - no style pack (OK, annoying but can live with this) can't do Mojave Beige (kinda OK but now two lemons) and order has been cancelled....I have been told that's it gone. Apparently VW emailed my dealer to say 'we can't build this - can you let us know in the next 15 mins what the customer wants us to do'....and of course they didn't see the email until 'later'. How utterly ridiculous. So our dream has been shattered....two years planning and many more years saving....even purchased a ridge monkey pan!!!!....and planned our holiday to Shetland in August.... I've been told that production has stopped....this can't be true but we do know that new orders stopped a while back. I wonder if anyone else has /is experiencing a cancelled order. I need to compose myself and consider my next steps.
That's Awful...I feel your pain / sadness?
Im sure the dealer network will have ordered some 'extra cali's' that you can now choose your pick from?

Back