Leaking pop tops on 2023 California Oceans

Got an email from Exec Office today saying “it has been confirmed that we have stock in the UK for the new Bellows and they are available to order by the Van Centre.”

Van centre not sure if they have the latest version or not which to me suggests that they don't.

Aren‘t the new ones supposed to have the “04S” code on them ? I am not 100% certain as @Corradobrit post below is the only physical label (I think) that has appeared on this forum so far, and that was a German install. Am very curious as mine is supposedly in for replacement next week and am going to ask the dealer tomorrow if the replacement bellows have arrived with them, and can they check the label……….

I had a call with EO today where I was told the confirmed updated version of the bellows has a 04S QC tag. He didn't know if any of the last 03S tagged bellows were made to the same spec as the 04S version - claimed he was trying to find out (since several of us have recently had new bellows fitted).

My understanding is the 04S isn’t yet confirmed (by anyone in the UK) to be officially the successor (and “fix”) to the leaky 03S versions, just probable based on the known facts so far.

If any O3S bellows were made to the same spec, surely they would be badged O4S, wouldn’t they?

My understanding is the 04S isn’t yet confirmed (by anyone in the UK) to be officially the successor (and “fix”) to the leaky 03S versions, just probable based on the known facts so far.
EO is in the UK, but are only telling me 'what they've been told' - he said he'd been told about 04S today.

Who knows, smoke mirror, mirror, smoke.

Last edited:
That's good enough for me to insist on 04S bellows now that they are available and being installed. Too many failed 03S bellows.

What I’d like from the EO now there’s an 04S version out is confirmation that if I test my ‘new’ 03S bellows with a hose and they leak like my first set did, we won’t have to mess around with all this ‘natural testing’ bullsh*t and can just get on with it.

I see many posts about the service (lack of) provided by Eurovans and they certainly don't appear to be taking their legal obligations under CRA 2015 too seriously.

I didn't buy through DTD but if I had, I'd be making a bit of a fuss with them to consider finding a more reputable dealer.

Perhaps anyone in dispute ought to make DTD aware of their situation...

Maybe an email to Richard.Sanders@drivethedeal.com and RichardSanders@drivethedeal.com

...might be worthwhile (the owner of DTD according to Google)

Last edited:
My case VW Belgium contacted technical department in Germany. Proposed a wax treatment… I’m stuck in protocol in able to keep my guarantee
I go for the Calicap option in order to be able to use my vehicle…
100k car can’t even camp shiiiiit what a dumb buy…
Trying to convince the dealership to damage my bellow and to change it under guarantee by a vw T6 bellow.
i'm about to go to my dealer in Brussels. I guess i'm going to get the same result. Jesus. Did they offer to do the wax treatment for you, or did they just say you should do it yourself? When you say you are stuck in protocol, what do you mean?

I see many posts about the service (lack of) provided by Eurovans and they certainly don't appear to be taking their legal obligations under CRA 2015 too seriously.

I didn't buy through DTD but if I had, I'd be making a bit of a fuss with them to consider finding a more reputable dealer.

Perhaps anyone in dispute ought to make DTD aware of their situation...

Maybe an email to Richard.Sanders@drivethedeal.com and RichardSanders@drivethedeal.com

...might be worthwhile (the owner of DTD according to Google)
Are they a member of any trade bodies? They must also be worth a contact.

i'm about to go to my dealer in Brussels. I guess i'm going to get the same result. Jesus. Did they offer to do the wax treatment for you, or did they just say you should do it yourself? When you say you are stuck in protocol, what do you mean?
I think fundamentally the issue here is the user manual specifically says to not apply any kind of treatment to the bellows; therefore if as an end user you do this, you're contravening the manufacturer's advice and potentially invalidating the warranty. Now, if the manufacturer (or someone acting on their behalf) carries out the treatment, that will protect your warranty, but then opens up the questions on what product should be applied, how frequently should it be re-applied (as topical treatments only ever last for a relatively short period of time), what should the preparation be prior to re-application to ensure a good bond with the surface etc. etc.

The other possibility is in this instance, the proposal is a stop-gap while the permanent solution (i.e. an effective bellows design) is sorted out, in which case the expectation is the current bellows fitted to the vehicle will be thrown in the bin at some point in the future anyway. Possibly making the treatment of the fabric less of an issue, BUT I would still make sure it's the manufacturer/dealer who is making the decision to apply the treatment, selecting the treatment product and actually applying it (and with paperwork to record what has been done) - if any of those steps are made by the customer, you're putting yourself at risk.

Insist on an 04S replacement. There is enough evidence to know there is fundamental design problem with the 03S version that a quick spray with Fabsil is not going to fix over the medium let alone long term. If they still want to do a wax treatment ask them to show you the official directive from VW. This attitude reminds me of the paint over rusty scissor mechanism example. Seems dealers there are real cowboy outfits.

Also had it confirmed today that the 04S bellows have had a foam seal added on the bottom of the window and an additional treatment during manufacturing...'the same cannot be said of 03S bellows'. Has anything been said about any differences between an 03S bellows from May and an 03S bellows from late September? Is there any difference at all?

Also had it confirmed today that the 04S bellows have had a foam seal added on the bottom of the window and an additional treatment during manufacturing...'the same cannot be said of 03S bellows'. Has anything been said about any differences between an 03S bellows from May and an 03S bellows from late September? Is there any difference at all?
Not heard of any outward differences on or in the 03S variant.

Blimey, some useful information from VW. Hope it stands up to a visual inspection!

But sadly you don't have the 04 version I think??? Did EO provide that information

But sadly you don't have the 04 version I think??? Did EO provide that information
Correct, Eurovans had my van for a month, fitted an 03S and sent it back to me with a puncture for good measure. I now have a late September 03S and just trying to work out if that’s actually any different from the original bellows that were fitted (May date).

From what Eurovans said it sounded like they were expecting this version of 03S to be different somehow. Just as likely is it was another stalling tactic to avoid having to take the van back.

@Barry Chuckle run for your life mate.

Last edited:
Well it appears that EV have managed to sell my rejected Ocean this week as it no longer appears on their website. Either that or it’s gone to auction!!

Well it appears that EV have managed to sell my rejected Ocean this week as it no longer appears on their website. Either that or it’s gone to auction!!
I did see they’d dropped the price to £69,999, maybe it tempted some poor, unsuspecting soul

Correct, Eurovans had my van for a month, fitted an 03S and sent it back to me with a puncture for good measure. I now have a late September 03S and just trying to work out if that’s actually any different from the original bellows that were fitted (May date).

From what Eurovans said it sounded like they were expecting this version of 03S to be different somehow. Just as likely is it was another stalling tactic to avoid having to take the van back.

@Barry Chuckle run for your life mate.
I've told them in no uncertain terms, it's going to be rejected if it leaks a drip and I will not accept a repair. I got a convoluted reply that was as clear as fog but not really addressing the comment.

Have you not been able to reject your yet?

I've told them in no uncertain terms, it's going to be rejected if it leaks a drip and I will not accept a repair. I got a convoluted reply that was as clear as fog but not really addressing the comment.

Have you not been able to reject your yet?
Yeah that’s Eurovans for you and if it wasn’t so tragic it’d be funny, I have never encountered a company quite like it. When you send them an email and they actually reply it’s like they’re responding to a totally different question. They have a conversation with themselves half the time.

Not so on the rejection, they didn’t even have the courtesy to respond on that one.

Back