Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking Roof

• Thread starter Paul Mckay 1965
  • Start date
The Ombudsman has my case as of 2 weeks ago. He has been waiting for VWFS and VWCS to respond. No replies yet.

I am not sure why VW can’t fit the T6 version of bellows as they are tried and tested. Product works, just needs the manufacturer to restart production.

I know lots of self build camper owners who never had issues with the roof/bellows.

I am not sure why VW can’t fit the T6 version of bellows as they are tried and tested. Product works, just needs the manufacturer to restart production.
As has been postulated that supplier may no longer exist or unable to supply due to a multitude of reasons.

As has been postulated that supplier may no longer exist or unable to supply due to a multitude of reasons.
I thought manufacturers had a minimum timeframe that they have to supply spare parts?

Exactly. We don’t know the circumstances driving the change.

I thought manufacturers had a minimum timeframe that they have to supply spare parts?
Not necessarily the same exact design. The new bellows is backward compatible. Being functional and fit for purpose is a completely different matter of course :talktothehand

Not necessarily the same exact design. The new bellows is backward compatible. Being functional and fit for purpose is a completely different matter of course :talktothehand
True. Would be interesting to hear VW’s stance on this - or anything for that matter!

The Ombudsman has my case as of 2 weeks ago. He has been waiting for VWFS and VWCS to respond. No replies yet.

I know lots of self build camper owners who never had issues with the roof/bellows.
Can you keep me informed about how you get on

Still with the Ombudsman who is awaiting responses from VWFS & VWCS Executive Office.

I had the same issue with a leaking canvass Wednesday this week. Light persistent rain and medium wind. The leaks were on many of the seams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back