Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaky topper seam

UPDATE:

After heavy rain on the Champagne Tour, I discovered water was trapped under the seems. Quite a lot actually. Had anyone heard of a solution of the problem? I wrote to Comfortz (Chris?), but no answer was returned yet.

I think it would be possible to glue the seems where the water is entering.

Hi Kmann
In the past I’ve had a similar problem which I shared earlier in this thread. I’ve just recently sealed the seams on my roofless topper and so far so good, although I haven’t used it yet in a complete downpour, but it does look promising. I have sent a document through to Nick at the club shop of how I did this, I just have to update him after some heavy rain.
If you could let me have your Email address I can send you the images and document to see if it would work for you.
I really like the topper and I’m still very happy with it and will continue to use it through out the winter.
NEIL.

Hi Kmann, Nick Here from Comfortz apologies not spotted your email, if you can forward it to comfortzleisure@aol.com we'll get another Topper out to you, would you mind emailing me some close ups of the stitching in this area so I can take a look at what the issue maybe :thumb

Thank you for response.

I did send the original message from your website contact form, so I am afraid I can not resent it. But I will be happy to send another including pictures. I will see to it as soon as I can.

If not for this issue, I am very happy with it ;-)

UPDATE:

After heavy rain on the Champagne Tour, I discovered water was trapped under the seems. Quite a lot actually. Had anyone heard of a solution of the problem? I wrote to Comfortz (Chris?), but no answer was returned yet.

I think it would be possible to glue the seems where the water is entering.
I've simply cut a couple of drainage holes in the bottom of the seam. It makes no difference to the functionality of the topper: it keeps the upper berth just as warm and offers the same level of protection to the bellows and lifting gear.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I've simply cut a couple of drainage holes in the bottom of the seam. It makes no difference to the functionality of the topper: it keeps the upper berth just as warm and offers the same level of protection to the bellows and lifting gear.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I am sure there are differend ways to solve the issue. Neil closed the seems with ahedsive tape on the outside very nicely. And glued the backside. I think it is a better solution to stop water getting inside in the first place. All in all it must be good input for Nick to improve the already brilliant and usefull product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro