Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery

Does the packaging seem excessive??
Haha yes I was shocked, my battery in my old van was delivered in a foam packed box. I had this delivered to my parents and we were all shocked at the packaging shame I didn't live down south near Goodwood or you could have had it delivered to mine and fitted it before your return.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Haha yes I was shocked, my battery in my old van was delivered in a foam packed box. I had this delivered to my parents and we were all shocked at the packaging shame I didn't live down south near Goodwood or you could have had it delivered to mine and fitted it before your return.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cheers for the offer. Even with the shipping they are cheaper than other suppliers. So still not bad in fairness. This weekend I’ll be close to a few marine supply shops, so I’ll check them out to see if they can get me one.

Hi all, so after testing the battery over the weekend, I think its time to replace it.
I had it on hookup most of last week. Switched on the fridge a few hours before taking it off charge.
When I took it off charge, and left on a light for a few mins, it showed full. 13V
When the fridge switched on for a while it changed to halve full and 12.4V
A three hour drive later, still showing halve full and 12.4V
Parked for Friday night, Saturday and Saturday night with the fridge on and by Sunday morning it showed empty (no bars) and 11.8V Fridge symbol flashing slow.
So either my battery is screwed or the fridge is drawing too much power.

I might try to monitor the current draw from the fridge to check if its switching off when it reaches its temp set point.

just check to make sure the fridge isn’t running constantly. If it is it’s a good sign the gas has gone but more pertinent, it’ll be using more power than normal.

just check to make sure the fridge isn’t running constantly. If it is it’s a good sign the gas has gone but more pertinent, it’ll be using more power than normal.
is there any diagnostics that can be done on the fridge via the control panel or by testing any sensors?
I was just going to put a multi meter in line with the power supply at the fuse and check the current draw, and see if it switches off when at temp set point.

is there any diagnostics that can be done on the fridge via the control panel or by testing any sensors?
I was just going to put a multi meter in line with the power supply at the fuse and check the current draw, and see if it switches off when at temp set point.

It’s in German but Google is your friend… PDF downloadhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all, I managed to check the fridge today. Its getting to its set point and then switching off as it should. So I can probably rule that out as an issue that may be draining the leisure battery too fast.

I received this device could I just swap it with my leisure battery?
You can, but I would disconnect the onboard Mains charger and possibly the alternator charging circuit until you and the company can confirm the vehicle alternator split charge system has the correct charging profile likewise the onboard mains charger.
You maybe able to replace the alternator split charge relay for a DC to DC system for lithium batteries.
Likewise the onboard charger may have to be replaced.

Back