• Thread starter The Mighty Pauls
  • Start date
Bluebird

Bluebird

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have also received a reply from the DVLA

Based on the information available on your vehicle's DVLA record, I can confirm that your vehicle is compliant with the minimum emissions standards for Clean Air Zones, and your vehicle is not subject to Clean Air Zone charges.

I have requested for your record to be updated to reflect this.

This will be updated within 2 working days. Please check back on the Vehicle Checker before your next journey into or within the Clean Air Zone.

A fairly quick and painless fix.

Bluebird

Bluebird

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Brilliant.
I wonder if this is just a Birmingham issue or a central one...
Mine was only Birmingham but the error apparently was on DVLA records. I have no intention of going to Birmingham but I think other cities will also start enforcing clean air zones. I wanted it sorted before Manchester or Liverpool followed suit.

reserves

reserves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Is there a consensus on the earliest California you can buy second hand that will still be ULEZ / LEZ compliant?

I assumed it was the T6 (Euro 6) but reading this thread seems some 2012 ones are ok?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Is there a consensus on the earliest California you can buy second hand that will still be ULEZ / LEZ compliant?

I assumed it was the T6 (Euro 6) but reading this thread seems some 2012 ones are ok?
I would think T6 and above. Older ones may be incorrectly identified and may change over time.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The first t6's were Euro 5 (no AdBlue) but anything built after August 2016 are Euro 6
If my memory serves me correctly only the early N1 Commercial T6's were Euro 5. All M1 T6 Californias were Euro 6.

rod_vw

rod_vw

VIP Member
Vehicle
Motorhome
If my memory serves me correctly only the early N1 Commercial T6's were Euro 5. All M1 T6 Californias were Euro 6.
My camper is a Euro 5 N1 T6 140ps Highline (V5C shows Motor Caravan) and shows as compliant in all checkable zones including the ULEZ.
I believe as far as the T6 is concerned it's more the fact that it is BMT (Blue Motion Technology) and not so much Euro 5 or 6.

reserves

reserves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My camper is a Euro 5 N1 T6 140ps Highline (V5C shows Motor Caravan) and shows as compliant in all checkable zones including the ULEZ.
I believe as far as the T6 is concerned it's more the fact that it is BMT (Blue Motion Technology) and not so much Euro 5 or 6.

The 2014’a are BlueMotion but I don’t think these pass.

Johnboy

Johnboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I fell foul of the London LEZ (which annoyingly includes Heathrow carparks).

Family of 7 in one vehicle (T4 syncro) going on holiday - parking up in heathrow. I got a nasty letter saying next time would be £100 fine.

I wasn't sure why this was because the syncro is 4 wheel drive. In the end it boiled down to my registration documents which had the vehicle as a mini-bus. I got this changed to MPV to get round the issue.

So check if your documents state mini-bus (which is 8 seats or more).

John

Louis II

Louis II

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
That just sounds like a lucky error. Charging zones are based on emissions standards. 5 being chargeable & 6 not.

cooky73

cooky73

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
All very confusing!

I have to pay in Bath, Bradford, Birmingham, Manchester but not Portsmouth???

T5 SE - VW59 CAL why aren't we classed as a private vehicle?

Annoying as I live inside the Manchester zone.

VW California Club