Loading capacity in a Cali SE/Ocean

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
As my Cali turned four years i had to go to "keuring" (in Dutch) like you guys have MOT i guess.
So they now gave me a effective technical detail afther weighing.
Don't ask me why it takes to the fourth year to do this , i would say it must be done before taking the verhicle in to traffic , but hey i live in Belgium and we got plenty of very strange rules:D
image.jpeg

It comes to the point i unloaded the booth as the verhicle must be presented "empty" .
So the plastic boxes fitting the booth went out and also emptyed the cupboard , drawer and removed the Porta-Potti.
Fresch watertank was full , as was the diesel 80l , waste water empty.
As it state the max total weight 3000kg
They weight the Cali 2500kg tarra
The marging seems 3000kg -75kg (driver)-verhicle tarra = the loading capacity.
425kg it is , passengers and luggage can not exeed 425kg
How is this in your cases ...UK legal ?

For me think i will be ok as we are just two and a dog . Been weighing the plastic boxes before loading back in , three boxes and the kitchengear 120kg and about counting 100kg for the passenger and our dog.
All this is the standaard equipment .
Leaving me about 200kg for food , tin cans , drinks , dogfood , sleepinggear,dogbench , clothes ,....and other additional stuff.

If i read and see on here what some others load up , i have no doubt they will be in overload
Four persons,rack+bikes,roofbox+load, awningtents,towbar,.....

To my fellow Belgians here : what says your "keuringsverslag" ?

Last edited:
Haven't you counted the 75kg twice ? isn't that supposed to be the weight of the driver so the two of you + the dog should be 125kg + the 75Kg

What have you got in the the 3 boxes that weighs 120kg ?

Haven't you counted the 75kg twice ? isn't that supposed to be the weight of the driver so the two of you + the dog should be 125kg + the 75Kg

What have you got in the the 3 boxes that weighs 120kg ?

Oh , thats correct the 425 kg loading capacity is for " passengers (three) and load" state on the document ....was wrong .
I edited the original post above.
Got even 75kg xtra! As i was counting i was reaching my maximum with the stuff i load.
Thankx for correcting me @andyinluton

As for 120 kg is three boxes campinggear (hook-up cable,awning tie down kit,hiking shoes,raincoats,some tools,showerbag,....) that fit the booth and everything in the cupbord (kitchengear,plates ,knives-forks,....) , drawer under bench seat (coocking pots , waterboiler ,koffeemaker,....) and Porta-potti, also a few botlles tapwater for the dog so we don't have to empty the watertank giving the dog to drink
All this is my "standaard" kit that stays in the Cali at all time .

Last edited:
Back