Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for advice on size of Cadac when packed up

D

D'sCali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Does anyone with a Cadac Safari Chef 2 bbq, know if it fits under the rack in the back of the T6 Cali please, when it is packed in its bag?
I am thinking of buying one, but can't find the packed up dimensions, only the assembled / in use ones.
Also does anyone connect to the Cali gas bottle or carry a dedicated one for the BBQ?
Thanks D

Does anyone with a Cadac Safari Chef 2 bbq, know if it fits under the rack in the back of the T6 Cali please, when it is packed in its bag?
I am thinking of buying one, but can't find the packed up dimensions, only the assembled / in use ones.
Also does anyone connect to the Cali gas bottle or carry a dedicated one for the BBQ?
Thanks D
Fits under rear shelf behind rear seat in T5.1

Easily fits under the rear shelf on a T6 when packed away. I carry a separate Camping Gaz 904 cylinder (smaller than the main one in the Cali) for use with the Cadac.

Easily fits under the rear shelf on a T6 when packed away. I carry a separate Camping Gaz 904 cylinder (smaller than the main one in the Cali) for use with the Cadac.
That’s great, thank you, i’m off to buy one !

I bought the QR quick release version of the Safari Chef 2 and find it very easy to use and works well with a Ridge Monkey on top too. Am thinking however of getting a 2-burner stove (or need to learn more 1-pot recipes ;)

Same as @Reef21 but plan use a separate 907 as a spare if the one in the Cali runs out. :thumb

Hahaha - amazing what you find in there I know.....those two surprise burners get a good workout too, but being English it feels such a rare delight to be cooking outside that I like making the most of it (and the van smells less like the inside of a tandoori oven when cooking something that splatters or makes loads of steam/smoke)

Hahaha - amazing what you find in there I know.....those two surprise burners get a good workout too, but being English it feels such a rare delight to be cooking outside that I like making the most of it (and the van smells less like the inside of a tandoori oven when cooking something that splatters or makes loads of steam/smoke)
I know what you mean! We have a Campingaz Exellerate double burner stove as well for outdoor use that was a leftover from our pre-Cali days. Tends to get used on long summer weekends like the BSB At Cadwell Park in August.

Thanks D
Fits on its side or on its end under rear on T6 Ocean