Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lowering springs

sorry...in my last post I replied to Swizzle and it should have been Skinnee
Useful info nevertheless thank you - a topic we are also looking at :)

Our dealer here managed to track down the lowering springs for us, after we showed him the UK accessories brochure, but quoted a ridiculous ca. CHF 1100 for fitting them!!
Think we'll have to hold off and get it done next time we're visiting blighty...

I've had lowering springs on back order with my dealer for weeks, and he tells me there is as yet no expected delivery date...:(

The part number as given to me by the dealer is ZGB7H0071677A. Priced at £192 +vat.

Its been suggested that I source them elsewhere and they will then fit them. I've just checked the Vanstyle website and they are out of stock currently. (The Eibach ones)

Does anyone have any idea where I might get a set please?

I have a T6 204 DSG Ocean.

Many thanks in advance!

I picked my T6 4 motion dsg up yesterday and have to say she's a beauty. I've never been so happy on a 3 hour drive home. I also would like to lower it but remember reading somewhere that the 4 motions are lower on the back already due to the weight. Does anyone ever lower the back say 30mm but the front 40 or 50 to level it. Also does this effect your VW warrantee. Thx in advance for any advice to a beginner.

My Beach was much lower at the rear, I have HR -40MM lowering springs on my T32 lwb kombi and find the ride very harsh.
I opted to have the Bilstein coilovers fitted to the Beach and the ride is far superior and now perfectly level.
Total cost was £1200 plus vat including 4 wheel alignment so it is all set up perfectly.

Nice one Kev. I was wondering if coil overs was the answer to lower the back slightly less. Where did you have them fitted mate.
Also. I noticed that the back wheel is about 15mm further in than the front. I've ordered some TSW Bardo wheels. 18s. ET 35. But wondered if anyone has a more aggressive ET on the back wheels to get the same poke out as the front or does this mess things up with the vehicle. ???? Thx again

The Dealer fitted my springs and gave me the old ones, that's two sets I have now :headbang I have just checked the part number on the box ( Lowering springs) they gave me with the standard springs in.

ZGB7HO071677A

My dealer JCT600 told me yesterday that the lowering kit is still on back order - he has an order in for four sets for stock but no ETA.

Looking at the Vanstyle website they offer to fit all of their supplied parts free, so I might nip there instead (appreciate not an option to come to Notts from the South West!).

Thanks for the tip.

Re 4motion lowering, maybe this could be a solution: Uberbus campers do a Eibach kit that lowers the front by 50mm on springs and has coilovers on the rear to get the level right.

Remember, Vanstyle do fit anything purchased from them FOC, but you have to book in so depends how busy they are. Just a thought.

I was looking to lower my T6 4Motion but now have uncovered a worrying aspect.

Originally tried to order but Dealer said not available nor recommended by VW.
searching for a kit showed many 'not suitable for 4Motion'.
Noticed on here that Dealers are not getting springs supplied from VW, is that connected to my info from trying to spec. on my order?
Vanstyle do not fit to 4Motion and when I checked it was relating to a potential problem with the differential when lowered springs are fitted. They will supply but you'd be on your own if any future problems appeared and that would obviously apply to VW as well.

Just returned from our first surfing weekend away and the Cali was awesome. Rained and gale force winds but we still had a great time and was cozy as inside there. It seems that coil overs may be the answer but does anyone know if the bilstein b14 can lower the back but only 30mm. Someone mentioned to me that the minimum lower on back is 40 MM. which I'm hoping he's wrong about. Thx in advance.

I have a 2017 T6 with regular 17" California wheels. I am thinking of having it lowered by 30-mm. but wondered if it wouldn't look right with only 17" wheels. My last one had 18" wheels and looked better lowered.

It would look ok but if you wanted to go lower then Vw now offer eibach lowering kit to -65mm.
Currently a waiting list and 2k price tag (fitted inc vat)

Or you could stick 18s on it and go with the standard sportline -30mm springs which would also look ok.

I got lowered 30mm and have 18´s for summer and
in winter i put on the original 16´s.
For me it looks good with either on.

17" wheels on our last van before the mods went on, but it has been lowered by -30mm at the dealers before collection.

Cali with Davenports.JPG

There is no actual difference in the gap between the tyre top and the body wheel arch whichever diameter wheel rim is fitted. Tyre profile changes with the rim to keep a constant tyre outer diameter.
However the rim width changes from 16 to 17 to 18 inch diameter rims with a corresponding tyre width increase normally.
Just to further complicate the visual issue a reduction in wheel offset gives the appearance of 'filling' the arch with the original diameter wheel.

If your thinking of 16" wheels just make sure you don't have the bigger front brakes, as 16s wont fit over the callipers.

I already have 16” wheels, but need to lose 20mm to fit in my garage with the roof bars on, (we have lots of tree sap / pollen at the moment) so thinking of having the vw springs fitted, but curious as to how they would actually look.