Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 lowering, wheels and warranty. 2021

1960Bus

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
I’m sure this is asked all the time but is the only warranty approved lowering allowed using the dealer fitted 30mm lowered springs? Also, what is the largest wheel I can fit to a Cali without altering the warranty? I was going to get new wheels for summer and keep my 17 inch wheels for winter.

VW now offer the Eibach coilover suspension kit, so that would be a warranty friendly option.
They also offer 20" wheels.
I see they are also offering VB air suspension too.

If you had both fitted would ride be improved over standard 17” ride as some 20” wheels make ride harsh

I've heard of some who have lowered and added 20's going back to 17 or 18's as the ride was too harsh. There are however others who have no issues. Think it's down to personal preference, what you are prepared to put up with, and the sort of driving/road surfaces you will be on.

The standard setup on our van is not ideal, sits a bit too high and has more body roll than I would like, so thinking about lowering (springs probably as the vw coilover option is quite costly), and see what it's like on the 17s.

VW Eibach coil overs with Trident 20’s works well for us and wouldn’t go back to standard suspension with 16’s or sportline springs with 18’s. Have tried many variations over the last 15 years of owning different Calis but current setup best to date for us.

not a cheap upgrade however.

But as @IainB says very much down to personal preference.

I know it's a T5 but I had the Eibech / VW official 30mm lowering springs fitted, no affect to warranty and the ride was way way better, very impressed.

Stiffen up the standard 24mm ARB’s to 30mm AR’B’s the is a great start also

Stiffen up the standard 24mm ARB’s to 30mm AR’B’s the is a great start also
I asked my dealer to do this pre-delivery. He doesn’t offer them. Do you know if the 30mm are standard on a 6.1 Ocean now?

I asked my dealer to do this pre-delivery. He doesn’t offer them. Do you know if the 30mm are standard on a 6.1 Ocean now?
I removed the VW 24mm standard ARB which are too thin for a 2 tonne machine !
I measured them with a Micrometer.

I installed H&R ARB front and back which are 30mm diameter bar.
This was on my 6.1 Cali Ocean.
I actually have a set for sale as I sold my Cali Ocean back to a dealer for a lovely profit.
mans removed all the add on’s I did.

I removed the VW 24mm standard ARB which are too thin for a 2 tonne machine
I measured them with a Micrometer.

I installed H&R ARB front and back which are 30mm diameter bar.
This was on my 6.1 Cali Ocean.
I actually have a set for sale as I sold my Cali Ocean back to a dealer for a lovely profit.
mans removed all the add on’s I did.
Well done! How much do you want for the ARBs?
Any plans to return to a Cali?

Well done! How much do you want for the ARBs?
Any plans to return to a Cali?
I am a lifetime member on here for a definite reason, I’d love another once I’m finished with work and we can explore. Id make sure the new Buzz, whatever it may be in 7 years time, will be able to have comfier seats installed.
That was my only gripe.

Very welcome to make me an offer on the ARB.
We can have a barter for sure ! PM me

The advert is here:

Thread 'H&R ARB 30mm front and rear. Only for 6.1'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/h-r-arb-30mm-front-and-rear-only-for-6-1.39431/

I’ve just taken delivery of a new Ocean with the Sport Pack and am disappointed with the suspension, both crashy and wallows in the corners. I was going to get the dealer to fort 30mm lowering springs before collecting but he said the Sport was already lowered - I don’t think so?
Is there any advice on what to do for best set up? I have read a bit on the forum and see B13 Komfort popping up quite a bit - any advice appreciated.

Back