Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lowering springs

Califoznia

Califoznia

VIP Member
Hi guys wonder if I could get some help here please
I've been looking to get some 30mm VW lowering springs for my 10 plate 2.0 Cali
Having looked into it a bit I have had it brought to my attention from VW UK that the VW springs are only for the 2.5 diesel & 3.2 petrol models & I have been advised not to put these on my Cali as they may not lower it by the full 30mm which worries me because even though I have 17" thunder wheels & big tyres on at the moment I feel there is a big space from wheel to arch at the front end (and my so called friend calls it Bigfoot)
If anyone has any pictures of there cali to share with me to prove this works I would be most grateful.
Thanks

Picture of my new 180DSG 4motion with a factory fit 30mm drop and thunder alloys.

Hope this helps.

Richard

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375221324.241590.jpg

That helps a lot when I compare that to my profile pic I can see the difference & that looks really well . What size are your wheels ?

They are the standard 17 inch factory thunders.

Richard.

Had mine done on my 180DSG a couple of weeks ago at Carrs Exeter. £355 inc although they had an issue with something that had to come off the anti roll bar and extra parts at £96 were required.

Having got 49000 miles on the clock, I have to say the springs really change the handling especially on ' B ' roads.....no more wallowing.

We have lowered lots of Cali's, you could come to see us for your discount and we could do it whilst you wait or loan you a vehicle to disappear in for the day.

cheers

I was happy to do it straight away until VW UK said they are not the right springs for 2010> & they have e-mailed VW Germany & asked them to update there systems accordingly to support this information .
I hope you can see why I have my doubts & that's why I've asked for a bit of help & feedback on this topic .

I was told that Vw didn't recommend lowering a 4 motion ,so not sure where that stands or if its not an issue anymore ,but Vw springs get 3 yrs warranty if fitted at birth or 2. yrs otherwise ...

Hi Lee,

At one point in time the springs were not available for a 4Motion vehicle, however they are now available. We have fitted them to quite a few 4Motion vehicles now with great results.

cheers

smgcowfold said:
Hi Lee,

At one point in time the springs were not available for a 4Motion vehicle, however they are now available. We have fitted them to quite a few 4Motion vehicles now with great results.

cheers
anyone got pictures of before and after on a 4motion? Thanks

smgcowfold said:
Hi Lee,

cheers

Cool ... Do you have highering springs for 4motion as well ???
And I'd want a winch ,extra lights on a bar :)

Hi Califoznia

Check out Richards 180 dsg ..... Low & level ! The van looks perfect !
I know it's difficult to take the next step, but.... Take a deep breath & read the long card number to the guys at SMG. You know you want to! Where right behind you :clap

Ps Post some pics of the motor before & after

Bubble

I've had a good think & I've read a lot of posts on forums & I think I'm gunna get myself a set of springs today but I do have one question first .
Which set of springs do I buy from VW ?
Or is there just one set for all vans ?

Give Steve in our parts department a call for the correct springs, and we can also courier them out to you as well, or alternatively fit them for you as well!

Cheers

apple said:
Picture of my new 180DSG 4motion with a factory fit 30mm drop and thunder alloys.

Hope this helps.

Richard

That looks amazing

This is a gray thread... Nice one chaps...I will be getting my 4motion updated in the new year with those same springs too. :thumb

I enquired about getting these springs for my 4motion Cali... And was advised that it's important to get a full 4 wheel alignment and camber check and adjustment done. Otherwise you risk wrecking tyres and impacting stability too.

Back