Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lowest profile roof rack system for a 2015 cali

S

Silverbullet

Vehicle
Please Select
Hi all,
I'm aware of the Thule system (low profile), which appears to add 100mm to the overall height, as I'm looking to keep in on at all times, if I use the Thule, my height will be 2.098, a bit too close for comfort, if I'm using a car park, with an height restriction of 2.1m.
I have seen transporters with side rails and a cross bar which appears to be lower than 100mm also with a Rhino roof rack system, but not on a Cali.
The Cali is our only vehicle and I have just got into SUP, so if there is an lower system available, it would be perfect.
Any advice, links to websites, would be much appreciated.

The lowest that i have found is adds 6cm then if you add an eye for fixing
that would add another 2 or 3cms but you could remove the eye each time.

Its been on my list for a while and this is the one that i think will be best for us.
Comes in at 350€ plus extra for a front spoiler and extra for the fancy fixing eyes but
you can always do without them and just strap under the bars.
How is that for price compared to others.
I´d go for the 4 bar.

The lowest that i have found is adds 6cm then if you add an eye for fixing
that would add another 2 or 3cms but you could remove the eye each time.

Its been on my list for a while and this is the one that i think will be best for us.
Comes in at 350€ plus extra for a front spoiler and extra for the fancy fixing eyes but
you can always do without them and just strap under the bars.
How is that for price compared to others.
I´d go for the 4 bar.
They look pretty slick. How do the feet fix to the California roof track? I can’t work it out from the diagram!

They look pretty slick. How do the feet fix to the California roof track? I can’t work it out from the diagram!
It looks like there is a special one that fits into the Cali
roof channel.
Probably a big alloy block that you screw into.
It is for a Cali though so it must have a decent fixing.

We have Whispbars fitted, but heightwise they are about 212cm, 8AEE2747-85F1-49FC-84D6-139FABFDF6E4.jpegon our T5 with standard suspension springs.

Attached is a photo of them on our past T4, with a 32” wide SUP on the bottom of the stack, 2 boards in the bag of top of this & a full length Husky roofbox on the other side.

One of my mates has a roller on the back of his rear bar which helps for say longer SUP’s.

Back