Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

mains connection light in central control panel problem

theoldmancunian

theoldmancunian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
After a couple of months off the road (with main battery disconnected but with feed-in from a small solar panel), I've just brought our California back on the road but have noticed a peculiar fault in the central control panel, namely that the lower right symbol for the status of the additional battery charge is constantly flickering between 'G' and the plug symbol.

I've called VW Heritage in Bristol but they seem never to have come across this before. Has anyone else?

Check and clear any faults in the roof control unit in the diagnostic menu and see if that helps.

cheers

Alex, it seems to have corrected itself after a good charge and starting the engine ... maybe the leisure battery had run too low. Does that make sense?
Out of interest - and I hate to admit to being so technically incompetent - but how do I go about using the diagnostic menu ?

The Cali in question is an '08 plate (registered in April of that year).

Push and hold the rotary knob and bottom right button at the same time for a few seconds until you get a second menu. Scroll down to VW Diagnose and enter it by pushing the rotary knob. If there are any faults codes, then clear them by pushing and holding the bottom right button for about 5 seconds.

cheers

thanks, Alex. I'll give that a try ...
(shame my local van centre couldn't tell me this three days ago!)

Back