Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Maintenance Costs

S

Solis

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am in the process of spec'ing a 204 DSG Ocean, which I intend to purchase in the foreseeable future. I have read a few threads regarding purchase cost and expected discount which has been extremely informative. Once the vehicle is purchased however what would one expect to be the running costs? Insurance, tax, fuel yes. How about maintenance. What are the most likely items that will rear their heads and demand attention? Thanks.

DSG and Haldex oil changes at 40,000 miles will be a few hundred :shocked

oh, ok ... correction, no longer a 204 DSG 4 motion so only DSG oil change:D

See if there are any service package offered at time of purchase. I got four services for £179+vat (2x interim +2x full +1st MOT)

Service package is great ,usually only available if you buy with finance. Can be with just a bit of finance which we paid off a week later.
Also recommend 5 yr extended warranty if still available ,has to be purchased with 3mths of Cali being registered ,arranged by your VW dealer . Do ask for it ,they don't always tell you about it.
We love our Cali ,wish we bought it years ago.

All vehicles cost to run - it will cost more that a standard car i.e. Focus etc but less than the likes of a Range Rover. Interestingly insurance can be very reasonable as campervans attract lower risk owners.

To its advantage Cali's are based on a vehicle that's designed for hard use by white van man so should be fairly durable.

Back