Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help, I’m cuppa Tea mad.

C

Californiatour

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach Tourer 150
Hello hello gangs hope your all good. I’m cuppa tea mad! And gas takes time to boil is there an electric kettle one I can use on my California beach late 2022? I have muiltvan version. Have three pin plug on drive seat at bottom.
or Even use on hook up on camp sites?
anyone know of air fryer that can be used on hook up too?

thank you, hope you have a good day.

chase

Look out for a 1kW or less kettle to keep power consumption down. There are usually a lot of available travel kettles. You will need to use hook up. Kettles that say they can be used in cars on 12v are just too slow.

Look out for a 1kW or less kettle to keep power consumption down. There are usually a lot of available travel kettles. You will need to use hook up. Kettles that say they can be used in cars on 12v are just too slow.
Thank you :)

Hello hello gangs hope your all good. I’m cuppa tea mad! And gas takes time to boil is there an electric kettle one I can use on my California beach late 2022? I have muiltvan version. Have three pin plug on drive seat at bottom.

chase
Small and low power ……

We love tea too but never an issue…… we only ever put enough water in the kettle for the both of us…… takes next to no time. Are you using a mahoosive kettle?

Flask?
I’d argue that part of the joy of tea in the Cali is the making of it.
A bit like a Japanese tea ceremony, a ritual that involves moving almost everything from one side of the van to the other, often multiple times.
I went to a tea tasting on a tea plantation once, not in Yorkshire!

We learnt that tea should be made in about 20 seconds, that one shouldn’t use the same tea leaves more than six further times to make a drink. The seventh brew will probably need 35 seconds.

I always fill my gas kettle up with the mugs I make tea in. Takes no time at all.

We learnt that tea should be made in about 20 seconds, that one shouldn’t use the same tea leaves more than six further times to make a drink. The seventh brew will probably need 35 seconds.

I always fill my gas kettle up with the mugs I make tea in. Takes no time at all.
Good idea to only heat what you need.

I always carry a teapot and a flask as well as a travel kettle. If there is still warm water in the flask it will reheat quicker. I only use the flask water direct for coffee as it does not always stay hot enough for tea.

We have one like this (Amazon link) bought for travelling to places without tea making facilities in the room (ie a lot of Europe). It has proved very handy in the van as you can pre-fill it in the evening and plug it in, leaving it on the sink / cooker cover. Then reach down in the morning and flick it on just before getting down from the roof.

20 second brew is too quick for most teas that we see in the UK.

The bloke from the tea lab in the office recommends 2/3 minutes. Longer than this and you get more tannins from the leaf resulting in a sightly bitter taste...which some people like.

Isnt the onboard inverter 300W. Putting anything higher than that cause it to go into failsafe mode if you"re lucky. I"m going to test one of these out

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BCJZQHKN/

We prepare before going to bed, mugs out, kettle filled with just enough water for two mugs. Kettle on the sink top.
When the alarm goes (yes, essential at my age) I reach an arm out from the sleeping bag, switch on the kettle & slide back into the bag. Cuddle wife for 4minutes 20 seconds or until Kettle boils. Reach out from bag, pour tea, back into sleeping bag, quick cuddle while it cools than sit up and drink.
It helps to sleep downstairs and have a double sleeping bag.
In cold weather you can add in switching on the fan heater as part of the procedure!

We prepare before going to bed, mugs out, kettle filled with just enough water for two mugs. Kettle on the sink top.
When the alarm goes (yes, essential at my age) I reach an arm out from the sleeping bag, switch on the kettle & slide back into the bag. Cuddle wife for 4minutes 20 seconds or until Kettle boils. Reach out from bag, pour tea, back into sleeping bag, quick cuddle while it cools than sit up and drink.
It helps to sleep downstairs and have a double sleeping bag.
In cold weather you can add in switching on the fan heater as part of the procedure!
But whose wife? :D :D

chase

chase

chase
We’ve just finished the nc500 and brought this kettle/ tea maker to take with us, needs hook up but makes an awesome cuppa, real tea no https://amzn.eu/d/aA5D5mc

Back