Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress extender on May 17 spec list

P

Paul C

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I am speccing my new Cali ocean and am struck on 2 items. The first is this mattress extender option, has anyone got one and where does it get stored? Drawbacks?

The second is this interior light and fluorescent tube option for £114, any good, worth it etc?

Hi Paul,

I am looking to buy a T6 Ocean too.

The interior light option seems to be more of a downgrade, because it introduces a high power consumption fluorescent tube. I think the idea is that it gives brighter lighting than the LED lighting. I certainly won't be picking this one. Perhaps someone who owns a van with this option can "shed some light" on this...

The mattress topper folds up and sits on the "parcel shelf" when the seats are up. Everyone is agreed that that downstairs bed is not very comfortable without extra padding. The question in my mind is whether to go for the VW topper or to buy an aftermarket one. Does anyone have a view on which is more comfortable?

Hi Paul,

I am looking to buy a T6 Ocean too.

The interior light option seems to be more of a downgrade, because it introduces a high power consumption fluorescent tube. I think the idea is that it gives brighter lighting than the LED lighting. I certainly won't be picking this one. Perhaps someone who owns a van with this option can "shed some light" on this...

The mattress topper folds up and sits on the "parcel shelf" when the seats are up. Everyone is agreed that that downstairs bed is not very comfortable without extra padding. The question in my mind is whether to go for the VW topper or to buy an aftermarket one. Does anyone have a view on which is more comfortable?
This may be the most discussed topic on the forums if you do a search.. I did extensive searches before choosing my setup. Finally I went with the reduced 1" upstairs mattress from Comfortz and a zone sleep for upstairs which can be left permanently in place and for downstairs I went for the comfort topper with the thin space mattress so that you can use the rear bench on the upper slot position for extra storage space underneath - this setup mirrors the more expensive Brandrup Ipad and ipad extend. Both are very comfortable and the space taken with it folded in the back is far less than the VW comfort mattress.

@BarryC Do you have a link for the "comfort topper with the thin space mattress", since I have been searching for a topper like that. Thanks ;-)