Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Members other rides ..???!!!!

Andy said:
Nice machine MickyBlue.

I traded my 04 K1200RS in for the cali as I was told not to ride it due to medical issues.

Sadly I think I will be getting rid of this as I just don't get time to ride it. It's been so busy at work this year and with the Cali being 1st priority for free weekends it's spent all it's time sat in the garage going nowhere :sad

Somewhat sadly also SORN'd for the first time ever.. we would rather jump in the van at weekends now too..

20080622_0811.jpg

No Cali.....yet, but i drive a Lexus IS220d (company car), wife has a mini cooper s convertible, my real passion are motorbikes though....

My regular ride is a triumph speed triple
Photo08-01-2012131032.jpg

My Trackday toy is a GSXR1000 K5 lavished with some choice upgrades
DSC01700.jpg

Some lovely bikes here!

I only ride the human powered kind though; motorbikes sh** me up and I'd last this long on a superbike:

>>> . <<<

I do appreciate good engineering though hence an MTB which is similar in value to a fairly reasonable motorbike... :oops: :oops:

In terms of other rides... only ones worth talking about are my other VW's...

1972 Bay Window

228117_5486777268_6457_n.jpg

And a 2002 Multivan

1-DSC_0605.JPG

Not sure which of the three I prefer... different vans for different moods.

All in all though... it's just got to be a VW Van.

Think I need a DOKA Syncro to complete the set :)

Last edited:
SimplyDubs said:
In terms of other rides... only ones worth talking about are my other VW's...

1972 Bay Window

[album]259[/album]

And a 2002 Multivan

[album]260[/album]

Not sure which of the three I prefer... different vans for different moods.

All in all though... it's just got to be a VW Van.

Think I need a DOKA Syncro to complete the set :)

T4 Multivan - absolute favourite T4 - is it RHD - I own an American Vanagon - which is like a Euro Multivan T25.

I really like the T4 Multivan - would love to own one :)

choplee said:
davefevs said:
No Cali unfortunately.

Golf Bluemotion tech match.....

......and Sharan arrives this week. Can't wait to hand my Grand (not so grand) Picasso back!!

Oh yes .. It will make u smile handing the grand Picasso back :)

"Shazzer" is so much nicer to drive....and isofix on 3rd row seats is great when taking the kids out with the grandparents.

Custard said:
T4 Multivan - absolute favourite T4 - is it RHD - I own an American Vanagon - which is like a Euro Multivan T25.

RHD... 45k on the clock... mint (proper mint) and all original. :thanks

Vanagon Carat... my second favourite van after the Multi.... Similar layout, similar seats, overhead A/C if my memory serves me.

Very nice indeed if you can find a good one.

SimplyDubs said:
Custard said:

RHD... 45k on the clock... mint (proper mint) and all original. :thanks

Vanagon Carat... my second favourite van after the Multi.... Similar layout, similar seats, overhead A/C if my memory serves me.

Very nice indeed if you can find a good one.

That's the one.

Yes Overhead aircon - some of the South African T25's had that as well.

Very similar to the Euro Multi's - just grey VAG late 80's velour seats. They also had cruise, c/l, windows, mirrors. Carat's quite rare but a GL with the options ticked. Original Carat Alloys as well.

Mines good - few gremlins - and it is going to be sold. No rust on it - and they drive better than most euro T25's.

Pictures on this thread (further back)

Mint T4 RHD - I was led to believe there were only ever about 800 in RHD? Lovely :)

James

I seem to have gone all germanic these days. Apart from the cali i have a facelift lwb transporter 140 on a 61 plate for work and a bmw 318d performance edition 11 plate which is the better half's car. Bmw were flogging these off cheap at the start of the year due to the new model coming out, could never resist a bargain.

Freeley said:
I seem to have gone all germanic these days. Apart from the cali i have a facelift lwb transporter 140 on a 61 plate for work and a bmw 318d performance edition 11 plate which is the better half's car. Bmw were flogging these off cheap at the start of the year due to the new model coming out, could never resist a bargain.

Drove the new shape (F30) this weekend with mixed feelings - it's HUGE, the interior is slick but a little fussy and the electric steering is a wee bit numb. However the BM DCT box is a good un and it was the pokey 328i so went pretty well. Refreshing to see fairly small alloys and highish profile tyres on it - makes a change from the comedy vast alloys in rubber band tyres that ruins many a BMW and Audi.

BMW are doing a performance edition M3 at the moment - not sure what's on it but the price tag is twenty GRAND more than the normal version - YIKES!! :shocked :shocked

I like ours its a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing in so much as it has the body kit but only the standard 143bhp but it looks great and is lovely to drive.
Also is only £30 road tax and has balance of 5 years free servicing too so is cheap motoring once bought.
Sadly pretty much the only time i drive it is when i have to reverse it off the drive for the missus every morning! :headwall

Or is that a sheep in wolfs clothing?!

Ours is a bit of the reverse. Very standard looking SE on mere 17" alloys (just M sport suspension), 35d engine so 300 gee gees. Surprises a few people! But I get told off for mentioning it so will now shush...

:D
2011 black Cali
1993 red Mini Italian Job (proper mini!)-Sorn at mo
2012 black Honda NC700X
2009 Ford C Max
Couple Trek mt bikes
Scott road bike
Cple kids mt bikes
Sit on Top kayak
1970s black Raleigh Chopper
:clap
Paul

KernowLad said:

:doh Yes that's what i meant.

KernowLad said:
Ours is a bit of the reverse. Very standard looking SE on mere 17" alloys (just M sport suspension), 35d engine so 300 gee gees. Surprises a few people! But I get told off for mentioning it so will now shush...

It's ok Kernow you're being actively encouraged to mention it in here so make the most of it :D

Freeley said:
KernowLad said:

KernowLad said:

It's ok Kernow you're being actively encouraged to mention it in here so make the most of it

Shh. I'll get told off again... ;) :lol: :lol:

We don't have any other cars just our Cali but here's some pics of my daily ride

I'm away in it all week so I spend most of my life on the road but it's very comfy and Lorraine come's with me sometimes too

Loading steel

Photo0027.jpg

On the ferry

Photo0017.jpg

On the docks

Photo0045.jpg

M4rky, that's gotta be the most powerful daily driver on the forum :mrgreen:

KernowLad said:
Freeley said:
KernowLad said:

KernowLad said:

It's ok Kernow you're being actively encouraged to mention it in here so make the most of it

Shh. I'll get told off again... ;) :lol: :lol:

I've seen you get :censor moaned at, but this is a car thread, so come on, lets talk about it!

I love BMWs, and the twin turbo 3.0 diesel is probably one of the best engines I've ever had, and for a long time no one else produced one. Have you noticed Audi have only just started fitting them? I'd love one in the Cali.

I've seen you get :censor moaned at, but this is a car thread, so come on, lets talk about it!

I love BMWs, and the twin turbo 3.0 diesel is probably one of the best engines I've ever had, and for a long time no one else produced one. Have you noticed Audi have only just started fitting them? I'd love one in the Cali.

Indeed I'm amazed how long it's taken Audi to catch up - and Merc are still trailing! I think the 535d first came out in 2005? SEVEN years ago! Yes they uprated it a bit post 2008 (and in the 335d which came out in 2006) but otherwise left it pretty much unchanged. The Audi engine sounds impressive (apparently it makes a fairly nice noise too) but I'm not convinced by any modern Audi (bar some of the S and RS models and of course, the R8); seem to go like stink in some models but have wooly steering and snatchy brakes. Will still test an A6 3.0BiTDI at some stage though just to make sure...

We've had ours over four years and cannot find anything to replace it. Got it two years old with 16k for almost half the list price, it's cost next to naff all to service and run (except tyres) and still makes me grin every time I drive it. That shove is addictive as is the sorted chassis (I binned the run flats as soon as they even thought about wearing down) - just leave them at home in any snow!

Which one did/do you have? And have you lost the will to live yet?!!

Marky - cool truck! What sort of engine would one of those have? A very LARGE one!

I guess so KernowLad its 12 litres and has 440hp but it produces maximum torque at about 1300 rpm

Without a trailer it will spin the rear wheels in 12th gear :shocked Oh if its wet :lol:

m4rky said:
I guess so KernowLad its 12 litres and has 440hp but it produces maximum torque at about 1300 rpm

Without a trailer it will spin the rear wheels in 12th gear :shocked Oh if its wet :lol:

:shocked :shocked :shocked

I remember NOT being able to shake off a trailer-less truck up a long hill in my (before they became chaviots) Saxo VTR. I was most upset!

KernowLad said:

Indeed I'm amazed how long it's taken Audi to catch up - and Merc are still trailing! I think the 535d first came out in 2005? SEVEN years ago! Yes they uprated it a bit post 2008 (and in the 335d which came out in 2006) but otherwise left it pretty much unchanged. The Audi engine sounds impressive (apparently it makes a fairly nice noise too) but I'm not convinced by any modern Audi (bar some of the S and RS models and of course, the R8); seem to go like stink in some models but have wooly steering and snatchy brakes. Will still test an A6 3.0BiTDI at some stage though just to make sure...

We've had ours over four years and cannot find anything to replace it. Got it two years old with 16k for almost half the list price, it's cost next to naff all to service and run (except tyres) and still makes me grin every time I drive it. That shove is addictive as is the sorted chassis (I binned the run flats as soon as they even thought about wearing down) - just leave them at home in any snow!

Which one did/do you have? And have you lost the will to live yet?!!

Marky - cool truck! What sort of engine would one of those have? A very LARGE one!

BMW must have been developing that engine years ago, and you're right it was first put into the 535d. It was re-tuned in 2007 to drop the Co2 below the crucial 225g, because the horrid new tax rules came into force and it was (and still is) the only way to drive a modern powerful 4x4 and only pay Band F road tax.

I have an obsession with cars, and love finding unusual models, so I found a X3 35d, it had done 9k miles. Re-mapped to circa 340bhp and 660nm torque. I wanted four wheel drive, not too heavy hence ignoring X5 and something that would be entertaining. It was probably the best all rounder. Shame they were a bit dated inside, otherwise, great car.

X3 35ds are very rare and cool sleepers! The inlaws have an X5 but sadly only the 30d powered one - still goes well though.

Back