Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Metallic Blackberry

reserves

reserves

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
What's peoples thoughts on this colour???

file.php

Have a Grey Cali on order but still time to change...

haha - funny - I am in exactly the same place as you! Natural grey on order but suddenly wondering whether to change and go for this one, as my build doesn't start until later in Oct...

my only doubt is whether the darker colour would mean the van would absorb the heat more in the summer...don't know if this is valid or not, but just something I was pondering on...

I like the blackberry on other people's t5's ,but its that thing when you come to sell and it narrows the market in people wanting a purple colour Cali ... I have a natural grey that is a great colour and totally liveable ,but you have to be 100 % sure you can live with it for the time you have the Cali ...

Nahh :shocked Nice wheels.

Individual choice though at home I'll sit listening to prog rock, on headphones, while others are watching x-factor so would not count my opinion in matters of taste.

Matter of personal choice, but would not be on my short list

Your right guys ... It's choice and it is good that there are a few colours to choose from ... We can't all be the same otherwise it would be boring ..:) lol

Doesn't look very purple, looks more like a metallic burgundy on my ipad, have you seen it in the flesh?

Seems like a nice colour.

It's been available on Caddy's for a while - looks really cool and I think this is a great colour.

it is very individual and not sure it will to be everyone's taste.

It's the only colour that up until now wasn't available on UK Cali's

I think if you go back on the colour poll thread I nominated it at the time :0

James

I like it, but not sure I would choose it. But then, my choice was always going to be grey, silver, or sand. So, I'm not exactly the target market for unusual/interesting colours ;)

I did own a stone blue (think baby blue) Bilbo's T5 Komba for a little while - demo whilst mine was built. Everyone commented on how they loved the colour but, I hated it, couldn't wait for mine to be built. Which, unsurprisingly was grey. Closely followed by fresco green (don't ask!).

PROS for Blackberry:

1. It looks very nice (on a camper) and carries a certain uniqueness.

CONS for Blackberry:

1. Would it affect re-sale value/speed.
2. Would you still like it 12 months down the road.

Be nice to see one in the flesh, might totally change the viewpoint. Initially my spec was sand, but after seeing it up close I picked silver. <- Which I collect this Monday :thumb

I'm sticking with my natural grey for all the reasons above (and also because I happen to love it anyway!), but also because I have my eye on some nice seat covers from Jackyards and think it will be easier to match some funky fabric colours with the natural grey!

I think it is a great colour. Had a Caddy kombi in Blackberry and it was lovely.

cheers

smgcowfold said:
I think it is a great colour. Had a Caddy kombi in Blackberry and it was lovely.

cheers

That colour does suit you to we'll Alex ;-) .. Lol

James said:
smgcowfold said:

cheers

I know Alex - I drove it lol :)

You're lucky, he gives me the most basic, under powered caddy van he can find ;)

I saw this actual van at the Dusseldorf show a couple of weeks ago, it looked very nice while brand new, spotless and under exhibition lighting!

This is my photo, slightly different exposure which makes the colour look deeper.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380825532.721017.jpg

I love the colour but...... We got natural grey because we wanted to be inconspicuous for wild and urban camping. It seems to have worked - a friend visited us and asked when we were getting it. It was parked right outside.

I have a blackberry kombi and its a stunning colour, and it completely changes, dependant on what the light is like. In bright sunshine the metallic purple really pops out of it, and on a dull day it looks almost black at times. Go for it, I get compliments everywhere I go in it (apart from chop lee).

And remember buy a colour for yourself not what you think will sell well!

Great pictures,the colour looks stunning, it appeared quite black in the e-brochure. I love it and I'm really chuffed because my hubby loves it too :D When final decisions are made, if it's a new Cali, this will definitely be the colour for us :thanks

You said it Oli ... Goes purple in the bright sunlight ... If it didn't do that then I would love it ....but then again I was an air-cooled guy before the water came along and did t like purple on the splits & bays ...... It's a marmite colour I suppose like sand beige ,dark wood and the fresco green ...
Oli just because a car gets compliments doesn't mean they want it .;-)

Your right you like it then buy it ;-)

Bring back toffee brown all is forgiven ..:)

My ideal camper would be a T2 with big purple flowers all over it :oops: I've got 2 chances there and they are both none. This way, I could get to have retro flowery fun with the removable soft furnishings........tea towels.... towels....duvet cover......cushions? :D

Wife has got a Tiguan in Blackberry and it is a real pain in bottom to keep clean and shows up the slightest scratch or stone chip, I am dreading the winter

Thanks for starting this thread :D

We have just ordered a new Cali Beach in Blackberry and it looks stunning... :bananadance

We we're about to buy a natural Grey onex demo untill my wife saw a t5 van in Blackberry then that's all she wanted....

Getting in in Jan even more excited now I've seen the colour on a Cali.... :bananadance

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
I have a blackberry kombi and its a stunning colour, and it completely changes, dependant on what the light is like. In bright sunshine the metallic purple really pops out of it, and on a dull day it looks almost black at times. Go for it, I get compliments everywhere I go in it (apart from chop lee).

And remember buy a colour for yourself not what you think will sell well!

Pictures? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ill get some next week. Its with a customer this week. Stunning colour :)

I had a long heated debate with a VW dealer about Cali colours. In my opinion all of the standard Cali colours, with the exception of the dark steel grey (correct name escapes me) are dull as a dull thing.

WHY WHY WHY can't we just have ANY colour from the VW palette? Bright orange, or that lush electric blue.....anything but what VW think we want!!

Aaaaaaannndddd breeeeeeeaaaaaattthhhhhh. :headbang

S.

Back