Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Colour choice - which is best blackberry, indium grey or black ?

C

clattergate

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
So ... vote now please
BlackBerry
Indium grey
Black metallic
Or that green colour that looks like blue ?

All good, personal choice. I'd say Blackberry (of those you list...)

So ... vote now please
BlackBerry
Indium grey
Black metallic
Or that green colour that looks like blue ?

Best for what? Stealth camping? Re-sell? Hiding dirt? Pulling chicks? Aesthetic appeal?

Impossible question.

However the answer is Iridium Grey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All nice colours when sparkling clean, but Indium and Bamboo green/blue should show the dirt least.

Great question, that only you can really answer.
My 2p worth
Blackberry = lovely but brave residual wise. Shows the muck, but sets you out as a fun guy.
Black = shows the muck and every micro swirl possible. Looks executive or sporty.
Grey = safe bet. Hides dirt, quite executive, can be made sporty, but can be a bit obvious and looks like you weren't brave in your choice. That more or less describes me.... But...
Green that looks blue = the one that came up at the right price for me. It splits opinions and looks better in the flesh than on photos. Hides dirt pretty well, has a bit of fun to, can pass for executive (it often looks grey).
Blackberry and Black may be slightly hotter in the sun (all 4 are darkish and opinions / science varies).
I love my green/blue/grey 'bamboo'

I would go for the grey colour. However I‘d like to see the others in flesh espe Bamboo

mines yellow. and as for pulling birds it works a treat. edit. it helps if your not a big fat stinky bas tard

Last edited:
If you ever want to sell it easily and for top money, Indium Grey. Strangely enough, it looks great.

Grey, popular for good reason.

Grey. Easiest to keep clean. Best for resale. A bit dull

As a Blackberry owner --------- never again.

More people admire our current Blackberry coloured van over our 1st White Cali. Our white van was a demonstrator met my list apart from the colour. Our 2nd van was "in stock" unregistered also met my list apart from the colour.

Blackberry looks nice in the sun really shines but a bugger to clean and as our daily drive always looks dirty most of the time. If I was ordering a van I would go white every time looks nicer dirty that blackberry dirty. I have also found with a dark colour when you get a paint chip you see the light undercoat on white you don't.

At the end of the day "which colour is best --" is a personal choice.

This always seems a funny question - choose whatever you like!

Do you ask other people what you should eat for dinner tonight?! ;)

But the answer is none of em'!* The colours VW offer are pretty naff in the extreme - give us a much wider choice and some decent solids. For starters bring back custard yellow, offer the same solid battleship grey you can get on the builder's vans and a duck egg blue as well as an 'old English' white would be good. There's a Bilbo's T5 in factory orange that stands out well near me too.

*From current options I'd go white (though not on your list) - looks fantastic with privacy glass, grey is safe, black looks fantastic when sparkling but a PITA, Bamboo is pretty groovy though. Silver or grey best for resale.

I have a Blackberry Ocean and it’s a lovely colour. Looks stunning in the sun. However, as stated above, you can’t keep it clean and I think it shows up swirl marks. Would I have it again? Well, I don’t regret the choice but always prefer to have a different colour on a new vehicle. If I bought another Cali, I’d get white and have a half wrap...

https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/

I own the grey, but I liked the beige when I saw it & also the starlight blue.

Our first Cali was in Blackberry and it looked great , we sold it very easily (1st call ) our current Cali is in onyx white and a lot easier to keep clean.. I don’t think there is a bad colour for a Cali , I think the spec is much more important

Back