Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mud stained paintwork

Neilos

Neilos

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, we have a nearly new Beach in metallic dark blue. Just returned from a trip where the van got quite muddy in a field. Washed it and the mud appears to have stained the paint on one side. It looks like it’s bleached the colour out and where lumps of mud stuck. I just had a thought and have realised that the stains only seem to have occurred on the side of the van which was repaired by the dealer. It was delivered as an ex demo and I rejected it due to paint damage on one side. They subsequently resprayed the near side and it is that area which is showing staining. I haven’t contacted the dealer, I don’t know whether I’d have any chance of getting them to repair it. I’ve contacted a detailing company about a price to fix it but thinking it won’t be cheap! anyone had similar experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure it was mud, could it have had chemicals in it or animal excrement (cow dung)?

Was the van polished before you went on your trip i.e. a layer of polish to protect against bird muck or other forms of dirt. was the van clear coated after the repaired paint job?
It may mop out (polish) the detailing company will advise. Its a shame your not near me I have a friend with a body shop who could advise. I hope you get it sorted.

Thanks Sandyvan, I’d washed it with the autoglym body shampoo before leaving but not properly waxed it. The repair was done by the VW body shop. I don’t know whether they did it properly, it was slightly rushed job I think but it looked pretty good when they delivered it. Now I’m wondering whether they did a proper job. It was a camping field, trying to get up the track to the camping pitches at the top. Our friends car was covered too, I’ll ask them how theirs looks. Similar colour Alhambra. Would I be mad to try and polish it myself? And would something like t-cut work? Thanks!

I'm no expert, but I would advise against using T Cut it can do more damage than it cures, ask an expert mate.

There wasn't any sun cream anywhere near it was there? Seen plenty of metallic cars and vans with hand shaped stains

No, there was no danger of sun burn I was more worried about getting off the site safely it was that wet and muddy. These are definite mud splatters, they are in the exact shape at which mud was flung off the front wheels. I’ll post some pics when I get home.

Try Autoglym Super Resin polish, it's not as harsh as T-cut.

Possibly paint not given a proper baking or lack of laquer.
Before any DIY I'd go back to Dealer.
better a bit of embarrassment than a bill to fix your attempted DIY.