Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paintwork TLC.

Not in the foam. I’ve tried most and find auto finesse the best for retaining its form. AG polar blast next followed by chemical guys.
I’ll give that one a try next time. Cheers :thumb

Not in the foam. I’ve tried most and find auto finesse the best for retaining its form. AG polar blast next followed by chemical guys.
I’ll give that one a try next time. Cheers :thumb
Their wheel cleaner Autowheels; fallout remover Korrosol and their clay bars are also good (only need to use water with them).

Great thread
Having loads of problems sorting out my paintwork. I notice T cut doesn’t get a mention here. I tried it on one scratch and just managed to leave a wider dull finely scratched area and unfortunately the scratch!
Have the Blackberry colour and it’s a nightmare for water marks and shows every blemish
I follow a similar routine:
Foam wash
Spray off
Mitt and bucket
Spray off
Shammy
Then about an hour running round the vehicle wiping off the water that drips out of all crevices !!
Have started to use the clay (even tried it in the windows to remove the dried stains) but it’s either raining or bright sunshine which doesn’t help. Everything just dries sooo quickly

How do I get these little scratches out of the paint work - and the rear side window??

EC263C42-D9B4-40FF-95A8-EEFF7A320A12.jpeg

22FB484F-EA6A-429D-82C1-107DBCB337EE.jpeg

AA2DFF00-98B0-42A2-85FA-EF4BC86C246F.jpeg

A8011099-AA5E-4C62-B983-12AA19CF4250.jpeg

Great thread
Having loads of problems sorting out my paintwork. I notice T cut doesn’t get a mention here. I tried it on one scratch and just managed to leave a wider dull finely scratched area and unfortunately the scratch!
Have the Blackberry colour and it’s a nightmare for water marks and shows every blemish
Foam wash
Spray off
Mitt and bucket
Spray off
Shammy
Then about an hour running round the vehicle wiping off the water that drips out of all crevices !!
Have started to use the clay (even tried it in the windows to remove the dried stains) but it’s either raining or bright sunshine which doesn’t help. Everything just dries sooo quickly

How do I get these little scratches out of the paint work - and the rear side window??

View attachment 50390

View attachment 50391

View attachment 50392

View attachment 50393
Try autoglym paint renovator.

Great thread
Foam wash
Spray off
Mitt and bucket
Spray off
Shammy

View attachment 50390

View attachment 50391

View attachment 50392

View attachment 50393
Lose the chamois and only use microfibre cloths. You are aiming for a non-contact wash ideally. Try this from one of the companies I buy my products from.....

pc-flow-chart-new-logo.jpg

We bought our 2018 Cali last year as an ex demo with a few 000 on the clock. It’s Acapulco Blue and came with Guard X protection. I’d like to prepare and protect the paintwork for the winter but is following the snow foam, clay bar, wash etc approach one still open to me given the Guard X thing?

As usual, any advice would be very gratefully received.

Cheers

Taff T

We bought our 2018 Cali last year as an ex demo with a few 000 on the clock. It’s Acapulco Blue and came with Guard X protection. I’d like to prepare and protect the paintwork for the winter but is following the snow foam, clay bar, wash etc approach one still open to me given the Guard X thing?

As usual, any advice would be very gratefully received.

Cheers

Taff T
Yes, just follow the contactless wash process then reseal.

What is fallout remover?

What is fallout remover?
It removes iron particles and other stuff that lands on your car and sticks to the paint. Mostly in hot weather when the paint soft. Everyone is different so read instructions. Usually do after snowfoam and before clay bar. Can also be used on wheels to get off the black marks in the corners.

I use one of these or is that a big no no
images-26.jpeg
When did sponges go out of favour?

What happened to getting stuck in with a bucket of fairy liquid
and a sponge, dropping the sponge a couple of times and then
slinging what's left in the bucket over the car for good measure.

Followed Fred’s cleaning routine yesterday, it took 6 hours, all by hand and was absolutely knackered. Really pleased with the results, but not sure I will be doing it more than a couple of times a year!

Forgot to add the during piccie.
View attachment 50263
Hi Big Ted
I bought some Meguires snow foam today and mixed in the recommended 1 water to 5 parts solution but on blasting with the Kärcher lance couldn’t get anything like the coverage you’ve got there with most of the mix just sliding off? The result was that it didn’t work and therefore, eodered what product and mix ratio you used so that I might get the same coverage?

Thanks

Taff T

Hi Big Ted
I bought some Meguires snow foam today and mixed in the recommended 1 water to 5 parts solution but on blasting with the Kärcher lance couldn’t get anything like the coverage you’ve got there with most of the mix just sliding off? The result was that it didn’t work and therefore, eodered what product and mix ratio you used so that I might get the same coverage?

Thanks

Taff T
Are you using the Karcher snow foam attachment/bottle? I have one and find the foam is not that good but given the relative cost it’s expected. i think the expensive lances give a better result. Also it’s worth experimenting with the mix ratio.

Thanks Arun Alec

It’s a K2 full control version with various settings on one of two lances one of which is ‘mix’. Syphon is in the mixed ratio Meguires and water solution and the result is poor considering the cost of the snow foam. I ‘ll try altering the mix maybe yo 3:1 and see if that works

Taff T

Thanks Arun Alec

It’s a K2 full control version with various settings on one of two lances one of which is ‘mix’. Syphon is in the mixed ratio Meguires and water solution and the result is poor considering the cost of the snow foam. I ‘ll try altering the mix maybe yo 3:1 and see if that works

Taff T
To be honest I’m not convinced that snow foam really does much, which is why I only bought the cheap Karcher. I’ve not tried any of the premium foams, so maybe I need to stump up and give Meguires a go.

Are you using a foam lance? Something like..
6F9A90A4-C05D-49C4-96E5-0F767E3EBE48.jpeg
If you are just using standard k2 attachments you won’t get a thick foam. foam doesn’t have to look like thick shaving foam to do its job.

Snow foam is just a pre-wash to try remove or loosen some dirt before you touch paint with a wash mitt, don’t expect it to replace a wash

Nope just the standard attachment but thanks for the response - elbow grease in future I think

As per willwander I use a dedicated snow lance, the free ones that come with the jet washer aren’t as good.
Looking forward to the dryer days coming, as I’ve some G-techniq products to put some hydrophobic coatings on the Cali, wheels and glass.
I’ll post some photos when done.

As per willwander I use a dedicated snow lance, the free ones that come with the jet washer aren’t as good.
Looking forward to the dryer days coming, as I’ve some G-techniq products to put some hydrophobic coatings on the Cali, wheels and glass.
I’ll post some photos when done.
If I get a snow lance will it connect to the Kärcher BT?

Back