Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Multiple work places / Self employed cover

Roc1

Roc1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all

About to get a Beach soon and have found that some insurance companies don't like the fact that I will be using the van to get to various places of work (I'm a self employed cameraman and film all over the country|). Comfort Insurance couldn't help out.

Does anyone else here have a Beach and similar work situation? Who do you go to for insurance? I'm currently with Brentacre for my current Kombi but it's coming in at nearly £700 for the Beach which I think is steep seeing as we have no claims 7 years / no penalty points etc.

Thanks!

Try Admiral. We don’t have business use on our Cali (not used as a daily drive) but do on our two daily drive cars and it didn’t change the premium much at all with Admiral.

Hi all

About to get a Beach soon and have found that some insurance companies don't like the fact that I will be using the van to get to various places of work (I'm a self employed cameraman and film all over the country|). Comfort Insurance couldn't help out.

Does anyone else here have a Beach and similar work situation? Who do you go to for insurance? I'm currently with Brentacre for my current Kombi but it's coming in at nearly £700 for the Beach which I think is steep seeing as we have no claims 7 years / no penalty points etc.

Thanks!
I have a Beach and a similar self employed situation, so it's insured with NFU for business and social use. About £450 a year, with full NCB. They were the most helpful of all the insurers I tried. Some asked for over £1k! Some would not insure for business use.

With LV at the mo, was with Aviva previously, unfortunately it’s shop around time, the Covid situation will have change some of the risk factors for insurers, so it may be a funny time, check the small print as always

Direct Line used to include business cover automatically if you went through on line. If does sound like you need proper business cover. From the title I thought it was just a couple of fixed work locations.

Back