Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My other car is a ... and i'd rather be driving the xxxxx.

120D and spends most of it's life in the drive glaring at Albert who seems to be the favoured pet for just about everything except the Sainsbury's run.

freelander 2 which gives off the same glares as Granny Jens 120d. I also have a 1982 Mercedes 380sl sat languishing in the garage thanks to a 17 month old child and my Captain Sensible approach to her safety! I sometimes manage to take the sl for a spin during 'work' hours. The freelandear has ended up just transporting hay and associated guff for my Shetlands! Cali does absolutely everything else, and I am quite often found parked up, roof up, kettle on when it serves as a 'quiet' extension to my office!image.jpg

Last edited:
We've just bought a Mini convertible - I've long thought that a Cali and a convertible would be my ideal motoring set up and have now achieved it! We're driving it to Italy in May and trying out AirBnB for accommodation. So, just a bit torn, in a glorious way!

..... maybe get a trailer

Only got our Cali, we use it every day but only had it 8 months and up to 10000 miles already

The 'other' car is VW Sharan. It's a super practical family machine & I love it.
Looking forward to the Cali's arrival, then there will be 2 silver VW buses to choose from :happy

A BMW 320. I'd rather be driving the BMW for my day to day commute - mixture of minor roads, A road and city traffic. Cali is our weekend machine but IMO it can't compete with the BMW when you just need to get from A to B quickly

Audi SQ5, it's a bit big now for our needs the Cali can do all the luggage hauling and bike transporting so might get a Q2 when they come out later this year. The SQ5 is super rapid though.

Audi SQ5, it's a bit big now for our needs the Cali can do all the luggage hauling and bike transporting so might get a Q2 when they come out later this year. The SQ5 is super rapid though.

I'm feeling the same about my A4 Avant SLine Black Edition. Thinking either a Q2 at launch or a loaded X1

Caterham, a bike, and the cali - perfect combination. Hadn't thought about it, but doing most miles by far in the cali, so the other modern things really ought to go. And the very very old mini cooper stays.

I recently sold our Range Rover for that exact reason. No need for two haulers.

Only got our Cali, we use it every day but only had it 8 months and up to 10000 miles already
Should get out more. I managed 20,000 in 12 months.

Only joking.:D

Mazda MX5 aka " The Skateboard ".

Porsche 996 GT3
BMW 2002
Sierra RS Cosworth race car
BMW E36 Compact race car

Yes, I'm a petrolhead and the Cali is my race tow/support vehicle new for this year. Can't wait to use it!

Morgan Roadster V6 with NO power steering OR electronic aids at all.

MGB Roadster.

Vespa (bright yellow) Sprint.

Into the Vespa at the moment as fab in the Portugal sunshine.

an old skoda octavia (2002) 4x4, 1.9 tdi (274000 km) for everyday use and winter activities. great car! travelled twice to SLO and NL!
I'm with you on that one Sapto :thumb. Had one of these too, 2005 plate 1.9 TDi 105ps 4x4, estate, remapped to 150ps. Brilliant car & I still miss it ☹️

image.jpeg

"1947 ford v8 pilot"owned it 20 years,was my pride & joy .....couldn't justify the 12 mpg so I changed it for something more economical in the form of a "California" :rolleyes:
Would have been nice to have been able to have had it parked up alongside Cali though.

Alan

Morgan Roadster V6 with NO power steering OR electronic aids at all.
Snap - except 2 less cylinders - Morgan 4/4! With Porsche Boxster 981 & 3 motorbikes to keep it company (while I go out in the Cali :D - although I can tow one of the bikes to keep the Cali company ..)