Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My VW app

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Has anybody used the My VW App to track the progress of their California order? Mines not showing 17 days after the dealer placing the order but a note on The App suggests it should take no longer than 72 hours. Just had an online chat with a lady at VW cars and she suggested that the system might not be set up for VW Commercial vehicles.

Has anybody used the My VW App to track the progress of their California order? Mines not showing 17 days after the dealer placing the order but a note on The App suggests it should take no longer than 72 hours. Just had an online chat with a lady at VW cars and she suggested that the system might not be set up for VW Commercial vehicles.
Only works for cars I’m afraid.

I've been following a German Cali forum and although they have access to an equivalent of My VW, exactly the same sort of issues are reported there as you see here, e.g. unreliable status info, some long delays, some more quickly. Apparently the factory has been on holiday last week and this week, which further muddies the waters. C'est la vie.

I have it for my Golf - useless. Next time I'm in the dealer will ask for a paper service book. The app shows only the barest minimum and just noticed a 'repair event' which never happened!

I've been following a German Cali forum and although they have access to an equivalent of My VW, exactly the same sort of issues are reported there as you see here, e.g. unreliable status info, some long delays, some more quickly. Apparently the factory has been on holiday last week and this week, which further muddies the waters. C'est la vie.
Oh well, I suppose they’re allowed holidays :) Just itching get an update on likely delivery date. Buying a Cali seems to be a character building exercise.

Oh well, I suppose they’re allowed holidays :) Just itching get an update on likely delivery date. Buying a Cali seems to be a character building exercise.
Haha I'm in the same boat....I think the fact that you can track your order just makes it frustrating. If the facility didnt exist, i wouldnt be remotely worried, or indeed interested in whether the factory have accepted the order or not. I'd be sitting patiently for a few months. No news is good news. But now, i need to know! lol

Pressuambly you got your build date by now? How long did it take from placing order to factory accepting the order, and then issuing a build week?

Cheers

From order placement on 20/07/20 to build week it’s been about 2.5 months.