Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

N75 Valve - diagnostics

G

Gilesyboy

Hi all,

We have been experiencing some intermittent whirring / buzzing noises from in the dash / top of the engine. A bit of searching on here and the internet has led me to believe it's the N75 valve.

We took the car to the local VW dealer and went for a test drive, and of course, there wasn't one single occurrence of the noise in 25 minutes of driving. Understandably the dealer doesn't want to start taking the engine apart to find a needle in a haystack that might not exist.

He suggested we could pay for the engine diagnostics to be run, which would be refunded if they find something wrong, so my question is, would the engine diagnostics show a problem with the N75 valve?

Also, does anyone know if a faulty valve has any affect on the performance or reliability of the engine, as it's actually not that big of a deal to have a noise every now and again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Gilesyboy

They can show up on diagnostic computer, but remember that there are two turbo control valves (one is above the other) and these generally cause the noise. There is also some modified pipework that can be fitted to try and eliminate the noise and lack of power if present.

cheers

Hi Gilesyboy,

I am having the same problem just now. A few months ago I noticed the same noise you describe and also a sudden loss of power for a few hours. I went to the local dealer and it was very hard to discover the origin of the noise. They told me that everything is working OK, except for the noise and there is no problem.

As my Cali is still on warranty, they will change the valves next week. Hope this will solve the noise.

Cheers,

Renato