Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

need to order a bike rack

JohnGuppy

JohnGuppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Sorry guys been unable to get into the site its running very slow for me
could anyone help I need a bike rack for my May 17 built Ocean it seems when I asked my local supplier he told me the part number is 7E0071104 as the latest model for my T6 but it seems there is another part number 7E0071104A am I right in thinking the A means another stile or new model in the NL they sell the A model and in the UK they sell without the A both are available to order from VW

I assume one is the old (T5) style, but with the new hatches, and the other is the new style (T6). I have the new style … without the A

image1.JPG

IMG_5138.JPG

Hi
Try a towbar mounted Thule rack and you can get into the back door without taking the bikes off!

A quick phone call this morning cleared up the problem and Steve from Cowfold told me come over and choose we have both in stock
My wife and I drove over and Steve unpacked both racks , The one with the A Prefix was the older model and what let it down was the cheap bike wheel fixing webbing straps , The new model was a much more sturdy rack with ratchet straps on wheel fixing. a deal was done and it was quickly fitted by a helpful guy in the workshop The price quoted inc our VIP discount was cheaper than EBay
Well done Steve and thank you

I need to order a bike rack for a T5.1 - have decided that the genuine ones look better then the aftermarket ones. Are these still available from dealers for the T5 or are they now out of production and will I need to start looking out for 2nd hand ones??

We used a VW rack on our first California and found that it made the tailgate, with bikes on, very heavy, also it reduced your rearward vision (new tailgate needed, oops) and raised the minimum barrier height you could pass under. So now we use two folding bikes (bromptons), carry them on the floor when driving and lock them onto the van with a cycle lock when pitched. We carry them on cable cars, buses and trains and cycle mainly down hill (we are senior cyclists).

If you are looking for a genuine rack for T6 you have two choices. Both are available from Steve at VW cowfold. Remember they offer a discount for VIP members I choose the new version look at both and you will see what I mean

Just to clear up the matter the rack prefixed with an A is the OLD T5/T6 model the one with out an A is the New model and its much better made as per the picture a few messages ago

I have a T5, so guessing the new rack won't fit... so am I right in thinking I can only get a Kylie??

If you are looking for a genuine rack for T6 you have two choices. Both are available from Steve at VW cowfold. Remember they offer a discount for VIP members I choose the new version look at both and you will see what I mean
Any idea how much they are with the discount? I see Banwy do them for £480, but I can't find anywhere else selling new ones to compare if that is a good price.

I paid less from VW Cowfold they keep them in stock so you can look before you buy plus they give discount on all VW parts to VIP

Do you have one for sale?
Hi Mitch,

I dont, no. Above you said £480 from SMG and John replied that he'd paid less.

I will also be in the market as I omitted this on my T6 order last month, so will buy as an after market.