Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Neighbour moaning about our heater noise

we take an electric fan heater when on hook up
So do we, but only because it's pointless using diesel when we've paid for hook up. TBH I'd never considered the noise issue until this thread came up. I wonder if anyone else has ever had this noise complaint?

Now....

By one of those strange Cali-incidences.....

I was talking to the owner of the CL that I was parked up on Saturday night. He had been admiring Alfie and came over whilst I was packing up that morning.

After "Nice van" followed by a few questions it was .... "Does it have a diesel heater?"...... "yes, a very effective one"...."oh. The reason I ask is that a friend had a conversion with one of those and it was so noisy everyone complained".... "Really?"..... "yes. Is your's noisy?"..... meaning Have you had any complaints and if so don't come again unless prepared to freeze!

One of those moments of joy in Cali-owning life....

"Yes, it's running now".... and it was, but 5 feet away stood at the back he couldn't hear it. I had to move him to the front and open the side door to demonstrate.

Obviously some have earned a bad reputation in the past and prejudiced opinions today.

My webasto is definitely louder inside the van than outside I would say and only really when its getting going or going through it's cooldown. It did annoy me enough at Dorset but I think only because it kept stopping and starting because it was quite cold.

May be a good one to test at some point and compare.

We had something similar last summer with our neighbour moaning about the sliding door, it made us very conscious every times we entered and exited the van (which is a lot as we are family of 4) I can understand why that noise would be irritating though.

We had something similar last summer with our neighbour moaning about the sliding door, it made us very conscious every times we entered and exited the van (which is a lot as we are family of 4) I can understand why that noise would be irritating though.

Late at night or early morning I always leave by the passenger door, but that's more so I don't wake any of the sleepers in our van.