Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New 6.1 Ocean "standard bits"

Two of these, (Fit T5 & T6 only).
Now £42.99 from the club shop (Their pic).
"Please be aware this will not fit the T6.1 California".
We were surprised (I hesitate to say delighted) to find them in the underseat drawer of ours on handover, they have remained there as we always forget to use them.
20171017_090910.jpg
Shame don’t fit T6.1 would actually find this item useful.

Shame don’t fit T6.1 would actually find this item useful.
They do fit - same as the cup holders, just not very well, on the T5.1 and T6 the groove on the front of the kitchen is a slightly different profile to that on the 6.1. A towel rail with something on it will be fine, it needs a bit of weight on it to wedge the fitting into the groove.

If a tea towel falls on the floor it’s probably not a big deal, a loaded cup holder would be.
We use the cup holders when parked up but don’t trust them on the move.

Not quite but easy think it does. See my previous reply. It reminds you to stay in the centre. The only person “keeping” you there is you.

Post in thread 'New 6.1 Ocean "standard bits"'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/new-6-1-ocean-standard-bits.50116/post-647464

There's 2 parts to it which can be switched off independently of each other.
The steering intervention system where the van operates the steering itself to keep between the lanes- takes quite a pull on the steering to override it & is dangerous in places like roadworks where the road markings can confuse the system. In VW speak this is the " Corrective steering intervention"

Then there's the warning system which vibrates the steering wheel if you go too near the lines.

It is strange that VW also say "The function is not designed to keep the vehicle in lane automatically , nor is it suited to this purpose" despite it being exactly what it does.

There's 2 parts to it which can be switched off independently of each other.
The steering intervention system where the van operates the steering itself to keep between the lanes- takes quite a pull on the steering to override it & is dangerous in places like roadworks where the road markings can confuse the system. In VW speak this is the " Corrective steering intervention"

Then there's the warning system which vibrates the steering wheel if you go too near the lines.

It is strange that VW also say "The function is not designed to keep the vehicle in lane automatically , nor is it suited to this purpose" despite it being exactly what it does.
Yeah, agreed. It’s very different to the “same” system on my Tiguan though where it will actually keep you in lane with no intervention at all on the wheel for about 20 seconds when it then pings and tells you to put your hands back on the wheel.

Does on mine MY23, was an optional extra.
Mine bongs if I stray from centre and tweaks me back in lane if I pass line but that was all that was on offer for my MY. The former a bit of a PITA TBH.

Back