Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New batteries

Brownbetty

Brownbetty

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi everyone, this is a update to a post I posted earlier on in the year batteries or fridge.
I got lots of good advice but nothing that fixed my problem in the end I contacted Tayna batteries that supplied them and arranged to send them back for them to test, after a week they informed me that both batteries were not holding their charge after putting a load on them and replaced both batteries I only had abt three months left on the warranty so was over the moon with the outcome.
I haven't had a chance to check them out properly because we we on EHU but I'm sure they'll work fine and my fridge will be back to lasting longer than a night and I don't have to question my solar panel or all the other things that I thought was draining the batteries.
So thanks everyone who tried to help me
One last question for W/gas you told me to put the solar lead under the fuse cube on the leisure battery and I would be able to see on the control panel that the second leisure battery was getting changed from the solar panel how does this work? sorry I'm hopeless with electric.
Cheers.

Hi everyone, this is a update to a post I posted earlier on in the year batteries or fridge.
I got lots of good advice but nothing that fixed my problem in the end I contacted Tayna batteries that supplied them and arranged to send them back for them to test, after a week they informed me that both batteries were not holding their charge after putting a load on them and replaced both batteries I only had abt three months left on the warranty so was over the moon with the outcome.
I haven't had a chance to check them out properly because we we on EHU but I'm sure they'll work fine and my fridge will be back to lasting longer than a night and I don't have to question my solar panel or all the other things that I thought was draining the batteries.
So thanks everyone who tried to help me
One last question for W/gas you told me to put the solar lead under the fuse cube on the leisure battery and I would be able to see on the control panel that the second leisure battery was getting changed from the solar panel how does this work? sorry I'm hopeless with electric.
Cheers.
With the Solar lead under the Cube fuse, if the Cube fuse is working then both batteries are connected in parallel. The Control Panel will then show the same voltage as your Solar Panel MPPT controller is showing.
If the Cube fuse fails the 2 batteries are no longer connected. The Solar Panel MPPT controller will show the voltage of the rear Leisure Battery while the Control Panel will show the voltage of the front Leisure Battery only. There will be a difference in voltage as you will only be using the front battery.

Typically the rear battery will be fully charged and the MPPT controller showing 13.4v or thereabouts. The Control Panel will show the front battery voltage of 12+v as it is not being charged by the Solar Panel.

With the Solar lead under the Cube fuse, if the Cube fuse is working then both batteries are connected in parallel. The Control Panel will then show the same voltage as your Solar Panel MPPT controller is showing.
If the Cube fuse fails the 2 batteries are no longer connected. The Solar Panel MPPT controller will show the voltage of the rear Leisure Battery while the Control Panel will show the voltage of the front Leisure Battery only. There will be a difference in voltage as you will only be using the front battery.

Typically the rear battery will be fully charged and the MPPT controller showing 13.4v or thereabouts. The Control Panel will show the front battery voltage of 12+v as it is not being charged by the Solar Panel.
Thanks, I've got the solar lead under the cube fuse so now I'll be able to see if it's charging the front battery or if it ever blows again.
Thanks for explaining that cheers.

Back