Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach 6.1 - It’s here

bagel.rhodes

bagel.rhodes

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Just as an update my Beach 6.1 has arrived at the dealers, video posted to me and is now being prepared. From the point of it being at the docks in Germany to the UK and at the dealers seemed a week. The dealers lost all visibility when it went in to code 20 to suddenly being out of the Factory and at the docs to then being almost in London.

Anyway super happy - this was ordered on July 2021, with a really high specification, it now all seems worth it. I’ll send the wonderful pictures, hopefully Saturday night. The first trip will be a works trips to Cambridge NHS Trust (must check car park heights). Then 3 days with my youngest, 3 days with my oldest and then just me paddle boarding down the Thames with an old friend and my new best mate “beach”.

That's awesome mate, great news. Enjoy your first trip. I'm eagerly awaiting my own so love reading posts like this. I ordered mine Jan this year and was told last week it was built and at the docks. Hopefully I get an update this week.

Just as an update my Beach 6.1 has arrived at the dealers, video posted to me and is now being prepared. From the point of it being at the docks in Germany to the UK and at the dealers seemed a week. The dealers lost all visibility when it went in to code 20 to suddenly being out of the Factory and at the docs to then being almost in London.

Anyway super happy - this was ordered on July 2021, with a really high specification, it now all seems worth it. I’ll send the wonderful pictures, hopefully Saturday night. The first trip will be a works trips to Cambridge NHS Trust (must check car park heights). Then 3 days with my youngest, 3 days with my oldest and then just me paddle boarding down the Thames with an old friend and my new best mate “beach”.
Here‘s a few pictures. Unfortunately they missed the parcel shelf, comfort mattress and fridge. So all is not quite well, so no camping down stairs until they arrive. The dealer did a video of the van as well, so not sure how he missed them but he did. It does look mighty though (probably minty). It’s brilliant inside, the space is great incredible. The enormous boot if you need total boot space or the size of, when all the parts arrive, the bottom bed. I’ve really made the righ decision. It’s lovely to drive, i love being high up, and the colour is champion. The Kids are blown away, it also blends in with the other cars in the street, its not sticking out, I’ve got a bulldog wheel clamp and swivelled.

I’ll keep on posting when we finally get on those camping trips.

069168F1-8C5C-4402-8816-3C05CB99BC8F.jpeg

34A0C070-159C-471D-AAA9-5E7ADA6624F2.jpeg

F5CBBE65-93ED-453E-8794-56DFD547F745.jpeg

Here‘s a few pictures. Unfortunately they missed the parcel shelf, comfort mattress and fridge. So all is not quite well, so no camping down stairs until they arrive. The dealer did a video of the van as well, so not sure how he missed them but he did. It does look mighty though (probably minty). It’s brilliant inside, the space is great incredible. The enormous boot if you need total boot space or the size of, when all the parts arrive, the bottom bed. I’ve really made the righ decision. It’s lovely to drive, i love being high up, and the colour is champion. The Kids are blown away, it also blends in with the other cars in the street, its not sticking out, I’ve got a bulldog wheel clamp and swivelled.

I’ll keep on posting when we finally get on those camping trips.

View attachment 95245

View attachment 95246

View attachment 95247

Looks very smart.
Have you got a bike lock on that wheel??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very smart.
Have you got a bike lock on that wheel??

Yes (paranoid!) I’ve now got a bulldog wheel clamp. We had a house broken in to, or an attempt 2 weeks ago and our area is a bit of a hot spot. So I’m using the clamp and the seat around the wrong way + might invest in the GHOST system as well. Anyone else locking theirs tight. Insurance was a pain because of road parking.

That's awesome mate, great news. Enjoy your first trip. I'm eagerly awaiting my own so love reading posts like this. I ordered mine Jan this year and was told last week it was built and at the docks. Hopefully I get an update this week.
I’m so enjoying just the planning of the trips and now really getting the camping stuff sorted out. The beach is incredible, the space in the back is huge, it’s really light and airy inside, drives wonderfully and conspired to our neighbours old Range Rover it’s not massive or sticks out too much (which is a good thing - although I did go for green !!) - first trip booked next weekend Oxford, near Burford paddle boarding at dawn and sunrise then the week later just me and the youngest in a field full of camels and lama’s. Everything about it is extraordinary, some really simple, the one burner stove, the bed mechanism, the lane assist etc lovely jubly

Yes (paranoid!) I’ve now got a bulldog wheel clamp. We had a house broken in to, or an attempt 2 weeks ago and our area is a bit of a hot spot. So I’m using the clamp and the seat around the wrong way + might invest in the GHOST system as well. Anyone else locking theirs tight. Insurance was a pain because of road parking.

Hopefully the cat burglar lowlifes don’t know the value or have the capability let alone a network for fencing high end / niche motor vehicles – I’m sure it’s the case. Anyway, you do what makes you sleep easier. Dunno if you have a tracker fitted (overkill really) but a cheaper option and one that is also dinky and can be attached on a small child or back pack in seconds is the Apple AirTag. It uses other phones to keep you aware of its location. Clever. Just so you can see where vanny is at 4am from your bed (assuming your bed isn’t inside the van).

Back