Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

new cali Ocean Versus Coast

Don't be puzzled, we bought our Coast from our local dealer in France where it has an electrical roof as standard
I understand that the reason why the French Coast has an electric roof is that this was requested by rental companies who buy dozens of Calis every year. Since their seasons cover mostly the summer months they didn't want to spend thousands extra on cold-weather options, such as double glazing, heated seats, etc.

I understand that the reason why the French Coast has an electric roof is that this was requested by rental companies who buy dozens of Calis every year. Since their seasons cover mostly the summer months they didn't want to spend thousands extra on cold-weather options, such as double glazing, heated seats, etc.
I would have thought an electric roof and its potential to trap the bellows would be the last thing to choose on a rental vehicle.

Ok

I didn't realise the Coast could be purchased with the electric roof.
Out of interest, what else is missing/different that you prefer...?

Hi,
As usual it's down to personal choice.
We didn't want to pay for certain Ocean Std. (Fr) eqipement such as Heated Seats, GPS, Adaptive Speed Control.
We would have liked, Auto Headlights, Folding Mirrors & Rear Camera, these we took as options (£900 worth but much less than the delta between the Coast and Ocean).

I agree with Larrylamb (see above) that a standard spec for all markets would be much less complicated for buyers.
VW seem to allow a complicated pick & mix approach by country, no two countries have the same std. spec for a given vehicle.

I agree with Larrylamb (see above) that a standard spec for all markets would be much less complicated for buyers.
Why? You buy what's available in your country and use the configurator to spec your final vehicle.
There's more uproar about the non-availability of the Coast in some markets, such as the UK and Spain.

Why? You buy what's available in your country and use the configurator to spec your final vehicle.
There's more uproar about the non-availability of the Coast in some markets, such as the UK and Spain.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I'm not suggesting that the California be reduced to a one model range.
Yes have the Beach, Coast & Ocean available in all markets, but avoid the confusion, such as if the Coast has or hasn't an electric roof by having a standard spec. and then let the buyer add their options as required through their contries configurator (the configurator could be personalised by country as required by the respective marketings).