Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T 6.1 Ocean control panel reset

Heard back from the dealers, apparently thisnis now recognised as a Europe wide issue and VW are working on a software fix
yes - called dealer yesterday - same reply

Hia, I'm stuck in Italy with the roof open on my T6.1..... VW are useless, was going to try to remove and refit fuses5 to 8 but my fuses behind the steering wheel look different to the above diagram- see photo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 65413
check Loz's posts and reply - they should work - if not - try manually, I had the same issue this summer and these worked - please find attached photo's on how to access the screw for manually putting down your roof - I got these of the german Caliboard.de forum - you need to remove the panel UNDER the control panel (where emergency button and so are located) - it is well explained in the manual except for where to locate the screw and how actually do it - I hope the pictures tell a 1000 words - good luck!

7EF68420-AD09-485A-8611-47AC78353784.jpeg.8a0b88b9b395b18ded7e0fcc4563bb1f.jpeg

9B1B5F3B-30D3-4547-89B0-836DCA81228A.thumb.jpeg.95f06e01915be430f0ab26afaf237036.jpeg

14825D97-3F40-42A1-89C3-DA8FA1CE9603.jpeg.f0796eb4d99b3220cb9e9b6e3d05ce05.jpeg

F282F0A9-086F-4FE4-ABC8-BBEEC209A7B3.thumb.jpeg.017cc793a4d0b247db9a7ba2547434f2.jpeg

Thanks everyone, the remove and reinsert the 4 fuses worked straight away.... VW tech support would not let me do it initially and seemed reluctant. Went through a load of other options which didn't work and then finally allowed me to reinsert the fuses. Absolutely crazy that the fix was provided by this forum and not VW tech support. Beggars belief, anyway thanks all for all the support, shows why this forum is so important.

We just had the exact same problem with our 6.1 Ocean - taking the fuses out and waiting for the error messages on the control panel and then reinserting them made it work :)

Roof issue happened to me few times, Called road assistance and they simply disconnected the main battery and worked again.

if that happens again i will try the removing the 5 - 8 Fuse as Loz shared. Thank you

Touch wood not had any roof issues but just wondered if anybody has figured out how to access the ‘hidden’ menu and do a reset on the T6.1 control panel yet?

I’m another one struggling with a sagging roof. Passenger side drops noticeably after about 2 hours. It corrected itself at least 5 times overnight & woke me up each time.

Yesterday morning having prepared for an early start the control panel was unresponsive on the roof controls, with the messages as shown below. Roof wouldn’t budge in either direction. I reset it by disconnecting the Earth lead from the starter battery. That let us put the roof down and it went back up ok last night.
8EB81EA8-09DA-45CE-ADCF-EEC341C3244F.jpeg

15479AE8-2C5A-45C0-9263-CFEC740F1CE0.jpeg

I’m another one struggling with a sagging roof. Passenger side drops noticeably after about 2 hours. It corrected itself at least 5 times overnight & woke me up each time.

Yesterday morning having prepared for an early start the control panel was unresponsive on the roof controls, with the messages as shown below. Roof wouldn’t budge in either direction. I reset it by disconnecting the Earth lead from the starter battery. That let us put the roof down and it went back up ok last night.
View attachment 79467

View attachment 79468
I don't suppose you want to mess with it, but you could check that the fluid release screw was tight?

If I was stuck I would try that, but as I’m about a days drive from the nearest Vw dealer I don’t want to risk making anything worse.
Also have no Wi-Fi or phone ( am having lunch at a hotel & using theirs at the moment). So cant google etc
Needs to go back to garage anyway as manual mode on gearbox doesn’t work anymore!!

View attachment 79467

View attachment 79468
Andy, I was at Eurovans recently to collect a freebie and whilst there they unexpectedly did a software update, specifically to cure roof problems. Worth asking your dealership if yours needs it?

Is this just a roof issue? I’m wondering if the reset might fix my ‘low volt’ heating issue?

According to manual the f5 f6 f7 f8
is the location of fuse .
But does not show it in drawing in manual .
Are these F positions marked on the board itself ??

Think my board looks different to yours ??
No, I don't have a 6.1.

These are the 4 x 25amp fuses. Opposite Relay 646

20221220_204330.jpg

Just found them in manual will try this morning let you no outcome .
So reset procedure is
Switch ignition off
Pull out fuses .
Put fuses back
Switch ignition on
Is this correct ??

But was thinking may not make any difference but i will try it

Just found them in manual will try this morning let you no outcome .
So reset procedure is
Switch ignition off
Pull out fuses .
Put fuses back
Switch ignition on
Is this correct ??

But was thinking may not make any difference but i will try it

Just disconnecting the battery under the bonnet for a minute has exactly the same effect.

PS. The answer is the same however many different threads you ask the question in.

PPS. You might as well ask now how to clear all the warning lights you will have on when you turn the ignition back on. Please just ask on one thread.

Back