Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean, Moulding Fault

If you aint got the moulding fault it aint a real Cali :)
Somewhere in Germany there's an ex VW employee who knows their last day at work will be marked (literally) for ever.
If VW can't sort this whats the chances of them sorting roof corrosion!

Hi,
I visited the VW dealership in Hull and every Ocean has the same moulding fault. The sales person said that they had not noticed it before. The York VW dealer has now ordered 6 over a one year period and all were faulty. I have taken my complaint to the top of VW UK and they now say that it is a feature of the Ocean and is not a safety concern. Yet not a feature in my Transporter (same year 2019).

Hi,
I visited the VW dealership in Hull and every Ocean has the same moulding fault. The sales person said that they had not noticed it before. The York VW dealer has now ordered 6 over a one year period and all were faulty. I have taken my complaint to the top of VW UK and they now say that it is a feature of the Ocean and is not a safety concern. Yet not a feature in my Transporter (same year 2019).
Oceans are obviously special wonder if the same line is on the Coast, presumably so.

Hi,
Check a Caravelle. The California is based on a Caravelle, not the Transporter.

Check a Caravelle. The California is based on a Caravelle, not the Transporter.
Just know that a lot of inner trims are California specific (due to the roller blinds), so it's just a very small chance that this trim will be the same as in a Caravelle. And in Belgium the California's are based on the Multivan, except maybe the Beach.

Just know that a lot of inner trims are California specific (due to the roller blinds), so it's just a very small chance that this trim will be the same as in a Caravelle. And in Belgium the California's are based on the Multivan, except maybe the Beach.
Just a thought. The B trim doesn't have any blinds and the California is certainly not based on the Transporter Commercial.

My own thought, as this has been going on from the T5 through to the T6 is that it is by design rather than a fault in the injection mould as it seems to have been present from the beginning. I could be wrong.

Hi,
So it’s officially “ a feature”! Guess they’ll list as such in the sales brochures!
“Distressed interior“.

Back