Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
I was mid-sept order and Build week 9 - so hopefully yours won't be far behind!
Thanks.
I was given Build week 11. Every time l manage to speak to my dealer for an update, I'm told it's still at status 20 , in build. So l think I'm going to be a long way behind you.

thesquirrelpatrol

thesquirrelpatrol

VIP Member
Hi all just thought I’d chime in with our experience so far.

order placed for a t6.1 beach on the 10th February and have just had a confirmed build date of week 17. Anticipated delivery would be end of may/start of June.
Seems to indicate that beach orders are being processed much more quickly than others.

anyone had a similar timeline? How much faith should we place in the “confirmed” build week?

T

Tunnelvision

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
We ordered t6.1 beach on 9 Feb, and have just had unconfirmed build date of week 18.........

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150

order placed for a t6.1 beach on the 10th February and have just had a confirmed build date of week 17. Anticipated delivery would be end of may/start of June.
Seems to indicate that beach orders are being processed much more quickly than others.

anyone had a similar timeline? How much faith should we place in the “confirmed” build week?
Does seem as though Beaches may be coming through quicker than Oceans. I understand once confirmed (status 20?) your build week is fixed, but that doesn’t guarantee a delivery date, some seem to take longer than others to be built and shipped...

bob_summers

bob_summers

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
My Ocean order went in mid Feb and the dealer told me not to get hopes up before October. That’s delivery to Spain for a 150 DSG. I haven’t even asked for an update yet, I just put it out of mind… maybe I should!

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
It definitely seems that Oceans are are suffering the worse for delays, and especially 4Motions.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
It definitely seems that Oceans are are suffering the worse for delays, and especially 4Motions.
I agree with Oceans being slower, but with a 150 ordered on 8 October and no firm build week, I'm not convinced 4motions are suffering worse delays...

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I agree with Oceans being slower, but with a 150 ordered on 8 October and no firm build week, I'm not convinced 4motions are suffering worse delays...
Did I read that right? I have stopped following every post on this thread but did you order 6 months ago and you still don't have a build week???

steverob55

steverob55

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
What was your build week please?
It started production week 8 (w/c Feb 22). It was status 20 for a long time but did include the 2 week factory closure. The original delivery date I was given at point of ordering was 1st March so it's not that far out really. I am happy enough. It is coinciding nicely with restrictions easing.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Did I read that right? I have stopped following every post on this thread but did you order 6 months ago and you still don't have a build week???
Correct. I ordered 8 October, have had 6 provisional build weeks, and now am officially at Code 00 (according to chat who know little). My dealer says he has no confirmation other than the 'hit list' which says I'm due for an April build... I wait with baited breath...

M

MrShaz

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Correct. I ordered 8 October, have had 6 provisional build weeks, and now am officially at Code 00 (according to chat who know little). My dealer says he has no confirmation other than the 'hit list' which says I'm due for an April build... I wait with baited breath...
I ordered on the 7th of September (a 4 motion) and just had a call from the dealer to say that I should be able to pick up on Wednesday next week, so super excited.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I ordered on the 7th of September (a 4 motion) and just had a call from the dealer to say that I should be able to pick up on Wednesday next week, so super excited.
Great news! Look forward to seeing some pics - did you go for the Style or Sports Pack in the end?

I have a feeling I may be picking mine up in a month...but itd be great if the dealer could confirm it.

ceolgra

ceolgra

VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A

Does seem as though Beaches may be coming through quicker than Oceans. I understand once confirmed (status 20?) your build week is fixed, but that doesn’t guarantee a delivery date, some seem to take longer than others to be built and shipped...
We ordered a 6.1 Beach 1st week Jan in Ireland and according to VW dealer 2 weeks ago we have a build week of 23.

VW California Club