Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

M

MrShaz

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Great news! Look forward to seeing some pics - did you go for the Style or Sports Pack in the end?

I have a feeling I may be picking mine up in a month...but itd be great if the dealer could confirm it.
No I dithered, so no sport or style pack......fingers crossed for yours.

Dark Ocean

Dark Ocean

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I’ve just had the best email update from SMG, they said that they have the Cali and it’s in the workshop having its dealer fit accessories added as we speak and picking up next week!! Yay!!

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I’ve just had the best email update from SMG, they said that they have the Cali and it’s in the workshop having its dealer fit accessories added as we speak and picking up next week!! Yay!!
Bosh!
What dealer fit accessories did you plump for?

jim

jim

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We went for the lowering, side tubes, and bike rack. They have the private ref to sort out too. I’ve asked the to send me a pic to show the kids as we are all on the edge of our seats in anticipation now.
dead happy for you ,these snippets of people getting the bet news really keeps this thread going as we all wait for the same moment ,try to take some shots when you collect at dealers and post :) :) good luck!!

I

Iain-Le-Roi

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Mine is still stuck at the port of Emden. Its been there for 10 days now so another 5 left in theory although reading these posts the maximum doesn't always match up to reality. So close but so far away.

Dark Ocean

Dark Ocean

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
dead happy for you ,these snippets of people getting the bet news really keeps this thread going as we all wait for the same moment ,try to take some shots when you collect at dealers and post :) :) good luck!!
Ok, so I have some pics from the dealer pre cleaning and lowering and accessories etc, but it’s the first I have seen of my new pride and joy and very, very, very excited now!!

96D9FCD6-8A1B-4D6D-AF62-421B4C5101CB.jpeg

A8357BD3-18EA-4CDA-8CC0-E50772055AB2.jpeg

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Ok, so I have some pics from the dealer pre cleaning and lowering and accessories etc, but it’s the first I have seen of my new pride and joy and very, very, very excited now!!

View attachment 76437

View attachment 76438
Fabulisimo...mine will look similar but bay leaf green...fingers crossed it’s head across the seas this weekend

View attachment 76437

View attachment 76438
Are you having any body treatment ..??

Dark Ocean

Dark Ocean

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Fabulisimo...mine will look similar but bay leaf green...fingers crossed it’s head across the seas this weekend

Are you having any body treatment ..??
I’m thinking about PPF protection to the front. My current car has full PPF and is a year old and looks like new. Easy to clean and not a mark on it. It just costs quite a bit on top of quite a pricey Cali. It’s best to get it done from new though as the stone chips appear quickly.

Looks like it could use that clean! Tremendous Palmerstons...
The dealer said they all look like this after shipping and sitting at docks. Black doesn’t help either. I almost don’t want the dealer to clean it in case they scratch that lovely new paintwork. OCD issues!! I’ll take some new photos to post when I pick it up nice and clean next week. Only five more sleeps!!

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I’m thinking about PPF protection to the front. My current car has full PPF and is a year old and looks like new. Easy to clean and not a mark on it. It just costs quite a bit on top of quite a pricey Cali. It’s best to get it done from new though as the stone chips appear quickly.
I am having PPF over the bonnet, wings, front & rear bumper, wing mirrors, front pillar, roof front and ceramic over the rest of the body..I hat cleaning cars!! Hope it is worth it

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
The dealer said they all look like this after shipping and sitting at docks. Black doesn’t help either. I almost don’t want the dealer to clean it in case they scratch that lovely new paintwork. OCD issues!! I’ll take some new photos to post when I pick it up nice and clean next week. Only five more sleeps!!
You think you’ll get it detailed and ceramic to perfect and protect the paint, make the black paint and wheels easy to keep clean?

I am having PPF over the bonnet, wings, front & rear bumper, wing mirrors, front pillar, roof front and ceramic over the rest of the body..I hat cleaning cars!! Hope it is worth it
Who will do it?

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I was going to ask the same question. I used Reep (https://www.reepautomotivegroup.com) last time but that was about £4K but haven’t had them quote for the Cali yet. I’m thinking maybe about £1k for just the front?
I’ve been round a few and there’s clearly a super premium level like Topaz and NVN milking the ferrari market and wanting to charge £2.5k+ for PPFing the front and ceramic the lot. Then there are realists like Azuri and FAW who are closer to £1500. Azuri have been recommended elsewhere on here, and use Gtechniq crystal serum ultra (9 year guarantee) and XPEL PPF (I keep hearing recommendations that it’s the best). They will also do the wheels and glass, bellows and interior for £1825+VAT so I think I’ve plumped for them. I got a good feeling about Graham Frawley when we spoke.

Last edited:
J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
You think you’ll get it detailed and ceramic to perfect and protect the paint, make the black paint and wheels easy to keep clean?

Who will do it?
https://www.revolutionwraps.co.uk/ they are a company in Louth..Lincs

2021 VW California PPF kit

Bonnet, Wings & Mirrors
Bumper & Headlights £1231.00

A Pillar & Roof Front £180.00

Luggage Strip £98.00 or Free if ordered with above.

Full Xpel Fusion PPF & Paint 5 year Ceramic Coating £385.00

they do a 6 year ceramic coating which is effectively another layer but it’s twice the price and the guy said it’s not worth the extra

I am told by a guy how used to do this sort of thing but has closed his business due to COVID that Xperia Fusion is one of the best products so we shall see

jim

jim

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180

View attachment 76437

View attachment 76438
awesome dark ocean my exact spec lol black, chrome trim and those wheels !! i went for wood floor cos i love boating but all in all the exact same so thanks for posting , not many more sleeps now lol

Dark Ocean

Dark Ocean

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
awesome dark ocean my exact spec lol black, chrome trim and those wheels !! i went for wood floor cos i love boating but all in all the exact same so thanks for posting , not many more sleeps now lol
Thanks Jim, I left the wood floor option as I’m going for full carpet but have a feeling I should have kept that option on my list. Although the club shop has sold out of Brandrup carpet!! I’ll post some more pics next week. When do u collect yours?

VW California Club