Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi @Stu@rt. If yours is confirmed, I'll have to drop the dealer a line about ours. One behind you in the queue apparently (129) but no further update since being told about our build slipping to June. Love to join the #week20club but I'm scared to ask in case it's slipped again. Ignorance is bliss and all that.
Hi @Graham T ,enthusiasm got the better of me and I pinged VWC chat. No updates. The "not so chatty Paul" told me that build should start this week and that he has no visibility of any updates until it gets to status 30. You were so right, ignorance is bliss and pinging VWC only leads to a lack of updates. I guess I was hoping for confirmation "something" was happening, but sadly not. He advised to ping them again in 14 days time.

Hi @Graham T ,enthusiasm got the better of me and I pinged VWC chat. No updates. The "not so chatty Paul" told me that build should start this week and that he has no visibility of any updates until it gets to status 30. You were so right, ignorance is bliss and pinging VWC only leads to a lack of updates. I guess I was hoping for confirmation "something" was happening, but sadly not. He advised to ping them again in 14 days time.
Thanks @Stu@rt. I'll hold of my pinging for as long as I can bear. Like @melifornia mentioned, our last dealer contact was a month ago and we were told there would be 4-weekly list updates, so I'll give them a day or two and then start prodding

Thanks @Stu@rt. I'll hold of my pinging for as long as I can bear. Like @melifornia mentioned, our last dealer contact was a month ago and we were told there would be 4-weekly list updates, so I'll give them a day or two and then start prodding
You lucky things ;) - Think I have only received the one unsolicited email from Tonbridge since November. Hey ho!

You lucky things ;) - Think I have only received the one unsolicited email from Tonbridge since November. Hey ho!
That's one more than we've ever received from Tonbridge since September !! Not their strong point.

Just looking, 133 pages of people complaining about delays. I don't think there is a file sharing service big enough to send this lot to VW HQ!!

My Cali has just arrived at SMG, whoop, whoop. I can now stop pestering VW chat (who in all fairness have been pretty good) and shortly remove the large piles of accessories that are dotted around the house and garage that I've acquired over the last 7 months....

My Cali has just arrived at SMG, whoop, whoop. I can now stop pestering VW chat (who in all fairness have been pretty good) and shortly remove the large piles of accessories that are dotted around the house and garage that I've acquired over the last 7 months....
Fantastic news. Ordered the last week of Oct right? Happy days!

Yes ordered 26/10, 2WD 204HP and no tow bar or TPMS, once I have it I'll post up a full timeline of process for others to refer too.

Yes ordered 26/10, 2WD 204HP and no tow bar or TPMS, once I have it I'll post up a full timeline of process for others to refer too.
That's great, very pleased to hear it. I ordered 8 October but have the towbar (and sports pack), so clearly that's holding things up. Fingers crossed I have a call soon with a build week! Look forward to your timeline - particularly how long from build week to delivery...

Congrats! How weird, I was just about to post a similar timeline for a Coast in case it's of any use to anyone. Indium grey Coast; extras were panoramic roof, LED headlights, fog lights, rear view camera, privacy glass, extra sliding window.

Ordered - 14/11/20
Built w/c - 14/03/21
Arrived at Emden - 30/03/21
Released for shipping - 08/04/21
Shipped - 17/04/21
Arrived in UK - 19/04/21
Arrived at dealer - long story, not exactly sure because communication wasn't the best at this point but got the walk around video on 10/05/21.
Van delivered to our home address 11/05/21 (so to be fair this bit was great as it was already booked in ready, we just didn't know whether it would make the slot!).

So as you can see it went really quick until it landed in the UK, then it got a bit stuck in some delays at the port.

As a lot of others have said all of this is now forgotten and we're absolutely loving the van, it's just so flexible for use in so many situations. And so cosy!

good for you. when did you order?

good for you. when did you order?
ive read the other posts now. good to know about dates and how things are trudging through. Enjoy your van lucky thing.

Reactions: Abx
Snap! We are exactly the same….our 204ocean 4motion has arrived today at VW Leeds van centre and I’m collecting on Tuesday….

that is almost 8 months since ordering at end of september

van went into build as planned in week 11, but the planned 2 week build took almost 6 weeks, then after a couple of days transfer sat for a full 2 weeks at emden and then a further 10 days at Grimsby docks.
Factory shutdowns and lack of parts (4 motion and electric sliding door) almost certainly a factor.
We are very excited and I’ll share a picture next week of the beast!

Snap! We are exactly the same….our 204ocean 4motion has arrived today at VW Leeds van centre and I’m collecting on Tuesday….

that is almost 8 months since ordering at end of september

van went into build as planned in week 11, but the planned 2 week build took almost 6 weeks, then after a couple of days transfer sat for a full 2 weeks at emden and then a further 10 days at Grimsby docks.
Factory shutdowns and lack of parts (4 motion and electric sliding door) almost certainly a factor.
We are very excited and I’ll share a picture next week of the beast!
Great news, great feeling isn’t it. I did not know the power side door was an issue, I wonder if that held mine up a little too as it was in build for 4 weeks, however I put that down to the 2 week COVID factory shutdown.

Well it took 231 days but finally picked up the Ocean. Once it finally arrived in the U.K. Eurovans where pretty straightforward and helpful and had the van lowered for us. Used the very useful checklist from the resources section to make sure everything was shipshape. So far so good!

A1E7C388-ACFE-4566-8E15-14E715D46DBD.jpeg

Well it took 231 days but finally picked up the Ocean. Once it finally arrived in the U.K. Eurovans where pretty straightforward and helpful and had the van lowered for us. Used the very useful checklist from the resources section to make sure everything was shipshape. So far so good!

View attachment 78714
Looks great, have you had your windows tinted too as look quite dark, have ours booked in to have them done but not actually really seen one with just the standard tint.

Standard tint is quite light IMO. Dealer told me to spec the standard windows and they would throw in a limo tint for free.
Thanks for confirming and that’s good of them, my dealer is arranging my tints for me, have gone for medium.

Back