Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Just checked chat and got paul he just confirmed the best news for the weekend cleared for shipping to grimsby! Might be worth you trying chat again as clearly depend who you get. Now to brush up on my ship tracking skills :)
I gave it another go and got the same story. Glad yours is on the move though. You'll be shopping for more bits over the weekend. Enjoy!

Has anyone with a Sports Pack had a confirmed build date yet?

Dealer spoke to (Sales? - I think he said) who said as mine will be a MY22 it is likely to be allocated a build week next week

Dealer spoke to (Sales? - I think he said) who said as mine will be a MY22 it is likely to be allocated a build week next week
Is there an actual reason why the sports pack has caused such an unreasonable delay...other than they haven’t got any in stock?

Im starting to turn into a shipping stalker! It's probably worse now that I know the vehicle is sat waiting at port rather than still in production. Waiting a little longer isn't too much of an issue I suppose.
I agree. Waiting for it when you know it has been built is far worse than waiting for status 20 or factory completion!!!

This is what VW chat quoted timescale wise to me hoping its quickers than this:-
'It can be at Port for 10 - 15 days and then 2 days shipping. Then another 10-15 days at Grimsby. The Van Centre arrange to get it delivered to them, they then complete a Pre Delivery Inspection and then contact you to arrange a handover date.'

My order is preston so seems a bit strange that it goes to grimsby and liverpool goes to tyne!
Yes, frightening...usually 6-10 weeks from Emden to your house. When it gets to Emden you think it’s almost there! That could be like waiting from now until the middle of August!!!

Last edited:
Is there an actual reason why the sports pack has caused such an unreasonable delay...other than they haven’t got any in stock?
The most frustrating thing is VW seem to think keeping their dealers informed is unnecessary. My dealer (Eurovans) often knows less than me (because of this forum).
When the monthly lists were a thing in Aprilish my order was slated for a June build, or potentially May if I removed the tow bar and the sports pack. I was told there were supply issues with both. I do know that tow bars are coming through now. I haven’t heard of any sports packs but they are I’m sure much less common. If my build wee is confirmed next week (as the dealer expects) we should be confident sports packs are once again available.

hope there are cali s on board this ship.. some of us could have them on uk soil by monday !
Just checked and mine is still at port of exit, however, there is another vehicle transporter sat there waiting to leave anytime soon. Fingers crossed.

ok. im watching any green blobs that go to tyne lol
However, I am not sure that VW's chat updates status real time. The person I spoke to seemed to think it would. I checked and hour and a half after it left port and they said we were still status 38.

However, I am not sure that VW's chat updates status real time. The person I spoke to seemed to think it would. I checked and hour and a half after it left port and they said we were still status 38.
i waited 2 years for my first lotus elise to be built, and 11 months for our mini. they are great cars and worth the wait. hope this cali will be the same .

I look at marine traffic.com for movements of known vehicle carriers and when one leaves Emden for Sheerness, get on chat to ask the status of my order. If I didn't ask, I wouldn't know..... so I pester them. (4th time lucky for me). Of course you could take the view that they are paid to answer questions. If we don't ask as many questions, they have less work (=fewer jobs). Of course if I was the CEO, I'd get a simple app to text people when the status changed and cut several jobs while improving customer satisfaction.... but I'm not CEO!
Haha! Great post! how hard could it be to set up that text function? Not very!

Ordered end of Nov. Up and down like a yo-yo. Not heard anything since a few weeks back. I fear the sports pack will be like tow bar gate. The dread.....the wait.....When did you order yours?

Ordered end of Nov. Up and down like a yo-yo. Not heard anything since a few weeks back. I fear the sports pack will be like tow bar gate. The dread.....the wait.....When did you order yours?
Sept 29th. I was No 14 on ‘the list’ about a month ago.

If you haven’t got a confirmed build week yet, I reckon you’ll get a MY22
jesus - september and i thought my gig was bad. I could have bought a Cessna plane and paid for full flight lessons and maybe even be ready to work for easyJet by the time this is all done.

Sept 29th. I was No 14 on ‘the list’ about a month ago
If you haven’t got a confirmed build week yet, I reckon you’ll get a MY22
MY22 is the case. I think they’re running MY22 from Monday 10th anyway. I was given the choice about 6 weeks ago to drop the tow bar for a May build so that surely must mean that the Sports Pack should have some units coming out soon from May. I chose to hold off for the tow bar and a June build. Could do with a little German efficiency kicking in.

Im sure this will have been covered somewhere but may i ask how everyone is getting detailed info on where their cali is on the production line? I cant seem to find anywhere to look even on vw van chat page the help icon isnt there , much appreciated thank you , January 21st ordered ocean was told june now apparently novemeber time , but would love to see more info ?

Im sure this will have been covered somewhere but may i ask how everyone is getting detailed info on where their cali is on the production line? I cant seem to find anywhere to look even on vw van chat page the help icon isnt there , much appreciated thank you , January 21st ordered ocean was told june now apparently novemeber time , but would love to see more info ?
The vw dealerships are meant to be getting a comprehensive update list every 4 to 6 weeks. When that list is out it appears to be more accurate than vw chat.
If you watch california Chris on YouTube he explains it well.
I called into my vw van centre this week and they logged onto their site and told me it was being built now. So there is something they can see.
To be fair, all the information I've had has been from the dealership and has been very accurate up to now.
I've not bothered with vw chat.

I got the same info. I also have the sports pack.

Back