Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

The vw dealerships are meant to be getting a comprehensive update list every 4 to 6 weeks. When that list is out it appears to be more accurate than vw chat.
If you watch california Chris on YouTube he explains it well.
I called into my vw van centre this week and they logged onto their site and told me it was being built now. So there is something they can see.
To be fair, all the information I've had has been from the dealership and has been very accurate up to now.
I've not bothered with vw chat
same here. I've worked at car plants and nobody knows what going on there.

Great. When did you order? An Ocean?
Yes an Ocean 150. I ordered at the beginning of November. Fortana red, sports pack, wood effect floor, 80l fuel tank, 4 keys and shower connection are the options I went for.

Yes an Ocean 150. I ordered at the beginning of November. Fortana red, sports pack, wood effect floor, 80l fuel tank, 4 keys and shower connection are the options I went for.
Yours will look great! You followed a rule I have heard more than once: order the colour in the brochure because they have marketing gurus on it and you can use the image when you sell it. I’m sure you know VW use Fortana Red to illustrate the sports pack.
Interested to know what made you go for such an expensive option. Still trying to justify it myself!
You ordered a month after me, be interesting to see how the build weeks go...it’s been a long wait but it’ll be worth it...723D54EF-A324-445F-8ADD-E8B5BFE49226.png

However, I am not sure that VW's chat updates status real time. The person I spoke to seemed to think it would. I checked and hour and a half after it left port and they said we were still status 38.
hope it is this ship or it will be another week. it will be at tyne at 5pm

Yours will look great! You followed a rule I have heard more than once: order the colour in the brochure because they have marketing gurus on it and you can use the image when you sell it. I’m sure you know VW use Fortana Red to illustrate the sports pack.
Interested to know what made you go for such an expensive option. Still trying to justify it myself!
You ordered a month after me, be interesting to see how the build weeks go...it’s been a long wait but it’ll be worth it...View attachment 79637
I think that brochure or part of it came out after I’d ordered but it was good to see I’d made a good choice.
To be honest I chose it because I liked the look and the black wheels. I know I probably could have got similar after it arrived but not really clued up on that sort of thing so it seemed the best option.
I just went for what I liked rather than worrying about resale value etc. My biggest worry was what it would be like to drive as I’m used to little hatchbacks. Enjoyed my test drive but that seems a long time ago now.
I knew it would be a wait but maybe not quite this long but I’m patient.

good news for all the people waiting for cali s. you will be getting a van that has just been built. unlike the electric jags and land/ range rovers which have been sitting in a field for about a year near to where i live. but they will be sold as new because a plastic reg plate says its new.

I think that brochure or part of it came out after I’d ordered but it was good to see I’d made a good choice.
To be honest I chose it because I liked the look and the black wheels. I know I probably could have got similar after it arrived but not really clued up on that sort of thing so it seemed the best option.
I just went for what I liked rather than worrying about resale value etc. My biggest worry was what it would be like to drive as I’m used to little hatchbacks. Enjoyed my test drive but that seems a long time ago now.
I knew it would be a wait but maybe not quite this long but I’m patient.
You might not know then (I didn’t when I ordered - I ordered it mainly for the wheels too) that the sports pack includes the Z2C pack, you should see that code on your order sheet. In addition to the darker tint on the glass in the living area, it includes laminated glass in the cab, which I’m told has sound (and a little heat) insulation properties, like the glass in the rear.

good news for all the people waiting for cali s. you will be getting a van that has just been built. unlike the electric jags and land/ range rovers which have been sitting in a field for about a year near to where i live. but they will be sold as new because a plastic reg plate says its new.
Small consolation - just reminds me what a shame it is that Vw can’t catch up and do something electric !!!

Small consolation - just reminds me what a shame it is that Vw can’t catch up and do something electric !!!
don't think you can build an electric van and then put a gas hob and a diesel heater in it. its a bit like having a vegetarian pie and then putting steak in it.

don't think you can build an electric van and then put a gas hob and a diesel heater in it. its a bit like having a vegetarian pie and then putting steak in it.
Electric hob and electric heater?

Last edited:
The most frustrating thing is VW seem to think keeping their dealers informed is unnecessary. My dealer (Eurovans) often knows less than me (because of this forum).
When the monthly lists were a thing in Aprilish my order was slated for a June build, or potentially May if I removed the tow bar and the sports pack. I was told there were supply issues with both. I do know that tow bars are coming through now. I haven’t heard of any sports packs but they are I’m sure much less common. If my build wee is confirmed next week (as the dealer expects) we should be confident sports packs are once again available.
I think I have very similar build to you and suffering same delays - Ocean 204 4m, tow bar & sports pack. Last couple of updates were June, then July build. Last week they revised to Week 35 which I can’t even be bothered to work out. All a bit of a disgrace really

I think I have very similar build to you and suffering same delays - Ocean 204 4m, tow bar & sports pack. Last couple of updates were June, then July build. Last week they revised to Week 35 which I can’t even be bothered to work out. All a bit of a disgrace really
Another sports pack!
I see (from your funny 1st post - I presume you’ve told your wife now?!) you ordered just before me.
Your build week is w/b 23 August I think. Is that a confirmed build week? At least you’ll be getting a MY22 - small consolation I know.

Idly wondered today if these interminable delays are also affecting Marco Polo/Ford Nugget/etc orders too? Anyone heard anything about that?

Idly wondered today if these interminable delays are also affecting Marco Polo/Ford Nugget/etc orders too? Anyone heard anything about that?
nugget have long delays. there is also a shortage of containers to put liquids in which is causing problems .

Hi, Iv also just ordered a California ocean with sports pack etc . How do you get the build week? Does the supplying dealer tell you?

Hi, Iv also just ordered a California ocean with sports pack etc . How do you get the build week? Does the supplying dealer tell you?
Ask the dealer. I phoned VW Spain direct and they said they’d call me back; a day or so later the dealer rang. Should’ve gone to him first but I didn’t want anything sugar coated lol

Hi all, Had a call from my VW Dealer this afternoon. My California Ocean has a confirmed build slot for next week! It's probably the first time since I ordered that it actually feels 'real'!

Potted history for reference....
- Ocean 150 (no towbar or TPMS)
- Ordered 3rd November 2020
- Original delivery estimate, 31st March 2021
- I was number 161 on 'the list' back in February

Thanks to all on this thread for their regular updates. It really is the best source of info on Cali orders, bar none!

Hi all, Had a call from my VW Dealer this afternoon. My California Ocean has a confirmed build slot for next week! It's probably the first time since I ordered that it actually feels 'real'!

Potted history for reference....
- Ocean 150 (no towbar or TPMS)
- Ordered 3rd November 2020
- Original delivery estimate, 31st March 2021
- I was number 161 on 'the list' back in February

Thanks to all on this thread for their regular updates. It really is the best source of info on Cali orders, bar none!

Are you sneaking in the MY22 time scale? I was 214 on February list so maybe a end of the month build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sneaking in the MY22 time scale? I was 214 on February list so maybe a end of the month build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point! Wish I’d have thought to ask that. I was taken by suprise with the call so my mind went blank when it came to questions. To be totally honest, I don’t mind either way if it’s MY21 or 22. I’ll just be happy to get the van

Fingers crossed you get a similar call in a couple of weeks

A big thank you to @Graham C for sharing the AIS website; who knew that kind of info was out there, many more hours now spent online conducting ‘research’. Anyway, having seen that the Mallaca Highway sailed today for Sheerness I couldn’t stop myself raising VW chat yet again to see if my van, which arrived in Emden last Wednesday, had made the cut. Alas, the all to familiar sinking feeling returned as I was told it was still at status 38. Wishful thinking that it might move on in 5 days, but if you have the kind of mindset that doubles down on red then you’ll know where I’m coming from. So back to tracking the next ship departing, but here’s hoping that there will be a few prospective Cali owners smiling when the Mallaca Highway docks tomorrow.

Another sports pack!
I see (from your funny 1st post - I presume you’ve told your wife now?!) you ordered just before me.
Your build week is w/b 23 August I think. Is that a confirmed build week? At least you’ll be getting a MY22 - small consolation I know.
No, the build date is still unconfirmed - guess there’s always a chance they’ll bring it forward but not holding my breath…
Thinking of surprising the wife with it as a 25th wedding anniversary present if it shows up in September

Back