Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Be prepared! I read some horror-stories on the German forum...
I got confirmation that our Ocean arrived yesterday at our dealer in NL and some items that were ordere are not mounted or delivered (f.i. no spare underneath, no TPMS sensors)
So even quality-control is no insurance..
As we speak I heard that they are speeding up deliveries as more parts a being produced. The restrictions is at the companys that deliver parts to VW.
Ordered almost a year ago. Productiondate:29th july 2021, 150hp DSG 2wd Ocean:

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

Last edited:
No - badgering your dealer/Chat does nothing to accelerate delivery in my view. Save yourself stress, and limit your contact with them. My dealer (Eurovans Crawley) has consistently broken his promise to update me 'as soon as anything changes', so I do ring them occasionally - I would suggest pick a day each month and call them, but more regular calling only causes frustration. Chat are hopeless unless you're in build - I'd avoid them.
Agree with this. I laugh every time Eurovans have said they,'ll update me as soon as anything changes. The only proactive email I've had from them in 6 months was when his email had been hacked, which luckily I didn't open.

Price is great (thanks to DTD) and he's always friendly when I call, but proactive it ain't! I just phone once a month.

For all you people struggling with the wait, think of me.
I have a new westy on order and it’s been nearly 15mths now, just been told don’t expect the van before nov.
So sounds like it could be 18mths now, can anyone beat that?! :headbang

For all you people struggling with the wait, think of me.
I have a new westy on order and it’s been nearly 15mths now, just been told don’t expect the van before nov.
So sounds like it could be 18mths now, can anyone beat that?! :headbang
I can’t beat your wait but maybe your frustration as my damaged 60k beach was damaged on arrival at the uk port which I rejected under the advice or the salesman as it had to have whole tailgate painted has just been advertised by the dealer with no mention of it being resprayed or repaired for £73k, my new one doesn’t even have a date for production

I can’t beat your wait but maybe your frustration as my damaged 60k beach was damaged on arrival at the uk port which I rejected under the advice or the salesman as it had to have whole tailgate painted has just been advertised by the dealer with no mention of it being resprayed or repaired for £73k, my new one doesn’t even have a date for production
Oh dear, that is a sad tale. I’m sorry for you mate. The dealer making a profit on a van VW smashed and repaired is nearly as bad as your extended wait.

Would you not want that van now, worth checking it out as work will be warrantied.
You could be in for a year wait if you have to go to back of queue.

Many thanks to everyone who has replied to my earlier question. I think a monthly call to 'touch base' with the dealer is the way to go.

Oh dear, that is a sad tale. I’m sorry for you mate. The dealer making a profit on a van VW smashed and repaired is nearly as bad as your extended wait.
Would you not want that van now, worth checking it out as work will be warrantied.
You could be in for a year wait if you have to go to back of queue.
Wouldn’t really want a brand new van that had been damaged repaired and the dealer steered me in the replacment order direction with promises of vw expediting new one and some discount.

that was two months ago and it’s still no date on the expedited order and almost daily chasing for the dealer to chase vw for an answer.

could take the old one now anyway as it’s been registered by the dealer so it’s not actually new now and I would be the second owner

Wouldn’t really want a brand new van that had been damaged repaired and the dealer steered me in the replacment order direction with promises of vw expediting new one and some discount.

that was two months ago and it’s still no date on the expedited order and almost daily chasing for the dealer to chase vw for an answer.

could take the old one now anyway as it’s been registered by the dealer so it’s not actually new now and I would be the second owner
I can imagine it's very personal... What I would say, is I don't think many people really care about the dealer registered as the first owner.

So this could be an opportunity to get in what is really your van, and get the good times rollin'.

Funny thing in Switzerland, they don't really keep a log of the previous owners, even on new-ish top end cars it gets iffy about how many previously owned it, I seemed to be the only one pointing out it's a bit strange not to even know! You buy on condition and any paperwork which is available.

Is that Hadwins? Maybe you don't wanna say.
These things happen I guess but it would be nice if they could pull some strings with VW to get a fasttracked build, as they did with Caliazur in the last page.

Good morning.
Silly question. I take delivery of my new Cali September 16th. We will leave that weekend for its maiden trip. So the question is, is the Cali delivered with the cable to hook it up to an external electricity source, or do I need to buy one?
Thanks so much
CaliAzur

Good morning.
Silly question. I take delivery of my new Cali September 16th. We will leave that weekend for its maiden trip. So the question is, is the Cali delivered with the cable to hook it up to an external electricity source, or do I need to buy one?
Thanks so much
CaliAzur

Not supplied in the UK. Amazon have them

It’s what I thought for here too, I think I have my answer. Thanks a lot !

It’s what I thought for here too, I think I have my answer. Thanks a lot !

Also remember to buy the little cable that lets you plug into your home, useful to charge the Cali leisure battery if needed and also to keep it in good shape.

Good morning.
Thanks so much
CaliAzur
You get a very short cable supplied with the van with a 2-pin Euro plug to enable connection to a domestic supply but you’ll need to buy a long cable for hook up. If you want to hook up to a UK domestic supply you’ll also need a short one with a 3-pin plug.

B399C9FB-DE86-4182-825D-0CF3730EB95C.png

These things happen I guess but it would be nice if they could pull some strings with VW to get a fasttracked build, as they did with Caliazur in the last page.
I think it’s the £73 k beach what breeze in Poole have as it’s the only one I can see

I think it’s the £73 k beach what breeze in Poole have as it’s the only one I can see
I would have pushed the dealer to take the damaged Cali until a new replacement one arrived.

Last edited:
Ordered Ocean 150 on 19/02/2021, confirmed build wk38 which is week beginning 20th Sep!
Time to find my 2015 SE a new home. What a year.

You get a very short cable supplied with the van with a 2-pin Euro plug to enable connection to a domestic supply but you’ll need to buy a long cable for hook up. If you want to hook up to a UK domestic supply you’ll also need a short one with a 3-pin plug.

View attachment 83930
Thanks a lot to all for the inputs and help. I have bought a 10 meter cable with a plug for the van and the specific plugs they use at camping sites. I have also bought an extension for that so it can go into a standard European plug. As I live in France, should be fine now. I guess I am going to have a bit of trial and error to get through :)

typically how long from build to delivery? I know that is a piece of string question given the usual component delays but will you have it this year?
I looked at one of the latest videos on YouTube from California Chris. Apparently rule of thumb is currently 10 months, but he alluded to allowing up to a year so as to be safe (not be frustrated or disappointed said in a very diplomatic way….).

Not sure I understood everything, however if the a new Cali had been damaged under VW custody prior to delivery, i’d expect a permanent solution from the dealer and fast . Depends on the nature of the damage. If it’s just paint job stuff, id go with their repairs, but if it was more id want to know the exact nature the damage, the exact nature of the repairs, and a free 5 year guarantee. Both VW Central and the dealer will have complete insurance.

Thanks a lot to all for the inputs and help. I have bought a 10 meter cable with a plug for the van and the specific plugs they use at camping sites. I have also bought an extension for that so it can go into a standard European plug. As I live in France, should be fine now. I guess I am going to have a bit of trial and error to get through :)
there are sites i use a lot (in a tent, never bother with a hook up) where the best pitches are about 30 metres from a hook up. some don’t have electricity at all. i’m thinking that for us, a solar panel would be a better idea than a huge cable reel!

Back