Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

anyone else ordered in january february time and got any news , its like the blind leading the blind here , surely vw would have been so much smarter putting this all up on a login website to see where you are instead of wasting thousands of peoples time, including all the vw dealers fending all this stuff off? such and embarrassingly bad way of treating your customers?
I ordered 27th January and mine had a build week 29 (21/7) it went into build and made it as far as stage 3 of 8 prior to shutdown so I’m eagerly awaiting news - I’ll be happy with anything that’s beyond stage 3! But I’m not hopeful! It’s a 150 Ocean with a subtle amount of extras! Although I have just asked the dealer to fit Side bars - Matt Black if anyone has had them I’d be interested to hear about them?

I have it confirmed that after 9 months and so many days my van is now in Sheerness awaiting the loader. This chat has got me through it all and I do hope those still waiting get good news soon, especially Tim. God know's you deserve it more than anyone.
When I've finished getting the front protected, I shall post pics on this thread to give others hope and belief their day will come.
See you on the road. I think I'll go and have a good cry now.

There's a message that pops up on the configurator now:

Please note.​

We’re sorry that due to global supply chain issues and a few component shortages, delivery times on some of our model lines are currently longer than we would like. Please be assured we are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible, and to keep you up to date with what’s happening. We also have vehicles readily available now from stock – just give your Van Centre a call and we can help you identify a perfect match.

Has anyone with a Cali on order been able to get a status update recently from VW Chat?

I tried today but got this response;

I don't want to give you incorrect information, we are aware at the moment that the Factory are putting place holders into the system but the information isn't reliable due to the delays we have been seeing. The Van Centres are receiving updates directly from the Factory.

Just had my build week CONFIRMED week 37 (204 Ocean ordered mid Jan).
That’s great news broodie congratulations!
Out of interest did you have the tow bar or tpms?
We ordered a 204 ocean jan 29th but with both of these options…

I have it confirmed that after 9 months and so many days my van is now in Sheerness awaiting the loader. This chat has got me through it all and I do hope those still waiting get good news soon, especially Tim. God know's you deserve it more than anyone.
When I've finished getting the front protected, I shall post pics on this thread to give others hope and belief their day will come.
Thanks mate I appreciate the good wishes. Mine is apparently going into production next week!
Enjoy settling into yours! Congratulations

Article on Hargreaves Lansdown site this morning about falling car production numbers. The following extract must surely bode well for California production?

However, Matthias Schmidt, an independent automotive analyst, said that “profitability trumps volume”, and noted that bosses at Volkswagen, Renault and Mercedes-Benz-owner Daimler had said they will focus their resources on the internal combustion engine cars with the highest profit margins while supplies are constrained.

Look forward to seeing your bay leaf green with sports pack... be the first one I think I’ll have seen

Update my side too. My Ascot grey 4motion Coast should be at the dealership latest Tuesday. A couple of weeks of registration formalities here in France then I can pick it up. I should have pictures from the dealership latest Tuesday, and will post then. Heart is already all a flutter…:bananadance2

My van is also now at stage 7, not sure what’s left to do on it or how long it takes from there but at least it appears to be moving along production.

Stage 8 if final QA the dealer told me so it should be popping out the factory soon.

Anyone have ideas on time scales for the shipping part, dealer said 2/3 weeks but I was thinking if the factory was closed the port will have been emptying so it might be quicker getting on a boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of last week my dealer told me that my van was on the boat. I asked him if they were told when it was going to be delivered. No, apparently it just turns up one day unannounced.
The process suggests to me that VW view the dealer as unimportant and that communication with the dealer and customer is unnecessary. A bit like those posh restaurants where the chef tells you what you are going to eat.
I'm pretty relaxed about it. I had the same experience when I ordered a Golf 14 years ago. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

At the end of last week my dealer told me that my van was on the boat. I asked him if they were told when it was going to be delivered. No, apparently it just turns up one day unannounced.
The process suggests to me that VW view the dealer as unimportant and that communication with the dealer and customer is unnecessary. A bit like those posh restaurants where the chef tells you what you are going to eat.
I'm pretty relaxed about it. I had the same experience when I ordered a Golf 14 years ago. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
I may be wrong but my understanding is that when the van has landed in the UK, the dealership is informed and then requests transportation to their site and the transportation company has an SLA of 7-10 days to deliver it.

chuffed for you how bloody exciting!! im in maybe a couple of months if nothing else goes wrong of course

Congrats @CaliAzur she's almost home! Looks great in ascot. Wish we'd been able to get a Coast in Spain. When did you order?
Hi Bob
We ordered in February, and it was not due till February 22. We ended up getting it sooner because of a misunderstanding between the Sales Manager and myself at order time. Long story…

kind regards

Back