Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

bet you have looked at these pictures many times caliazur , hope you enjoy picking her up!
Ha! Yes. I could pick it up next week, but I can’t due to work constraints. Last 2 weeks taken off as holidays, and were off for her maiden voyage … yay ;)

Hi all. We were at stage 5 build for ages like a lot of people on here. We’ve now been told that our van is built (yay!) but they are waiting for components before it gets its VIN. I presume it’s the chips that have been mentioned on here. Has anyone else heard anything about this delay? Dealer said it was an 8 week delay but 4 weeks have passed.
Would be great to hear if anyone else has had this but know when these parts are being delivered.
(Haven’t posted before or done an introduction as my husband joined first! Ordered a coast mid Feb)

Hi Bob
We ordered in February, and it was not due till February 22. We ended up getting it sooner because of a misunderstanding between the Sales Manager and myself at order time. Long story…

kind regards
That's rather a large difference! Our Ocean is due Feb 22, would be nice if that would come forward but the Oceans seem to take much longer. Ordered mid April 21.

Hi all. We were at stage 5 build for ages like a lot of people on here. We’ve now been told that our van is built (yay!) but they are waiting for components before it gets its VIN. I presume it’s the chips that have been mentioned on here. Has anyone else heard anything about this delay? Dealer said it was an 8 week delay but 4 weeks have passed.
Would be great to hear if anyone else has had this but know when these parts are being delivered.
(Haven’t posted before or done an introduction as my husband joined first! Ordered a coast mid Feb)
Was it Porsche who are shipping cars with reject chips just to get the cars out the door? Oh if only VW had the same gumption.

Reactions: MJG
We ordered ours before end of March. At the time dealer assured us it would be built in June for July/ august delivery.
Two weeks ago we have been informed now to be built in December 2021.
The only good news is we get to keep our current California until it arrives with a guaranteed px price.
I think dealers earlier this year were possibly mislead by VW uncertainty of covid worldwide and all manufacturing that are needed.
The only plus point is prices increases on everything all the time.

Since placing our order at the end of January I’ve been constantly watching this thread and learning lots from the rest of this amazing forum whilst waiting (and badgering VW chat).
I’m happy to say that we are at last status 20 and have a confirmed build week 36. I hope this gives hope to any of you who ordered at a similar time and fingers crossed that you’ll get your status 20 soon!

Which engine? My dealer told me last week that the 204 engine has a current 3 week extra delay

For chips, who knows, personally I'd be interested in full transparency from manufacturers, and perhaps like @bob_summers says about shipping with blank chips and retro fitting these later (assuming these are non-essential e.g. rear camera or parking sensors)

Which engine? My dealer told me last week that the 204 engine has a current 3 week extra delay

For chips, who knows, personally I'd be interested in full transparency from manufacturers, and perhaps like @bob_summers says about shipping with blank chips and retro fitting these later (assuming these are non-essential e.g. rear camera or parking sensors)
We have a 150 engine. Hopefully no extra delay but who knows as like you said there isn’t much transparency and like a lot of others we are having to fight to get any information about what is happening.

We ordered ours before end of March. At the time dealer assured us it would be built in June for July/ august delivery.
Two weeks ago we have been informed now to be built in December 2021.
The only good news is we get to keep our current California until it arrives with a guaranteed px price.
I think dealers earlier this year were possibly mislead by VW uncertainty of covid worldwide and all manufacturing that are needed.
The only plus point is prices increases on everything all the time.
Ordered at the end of March 21 . Got the exact same lead also back then. Rang dealer yesterday to be informed of build week 3 of 2022. Hopefully this happens.

Ordered at the end of March 21 . Got the exact same lead also back then. Rang dealer yesterday to be informed of build week 3 of 2022. Hopefully this happens.
Similar to me then, which model? That’s encouraging though. My van was never going to be here for summer 21 so there’s no rush really - but I’m worried it may not be here either for Easter 22. If mine isn’t far behind yours then it could well be here in time.

(I stopped asking for dealer updates a while back as they were never good news lol)

Similar to me then, which model? That’s encouraging though. My van was never going to be here for summer 21 so there’s no rush really - but I’m worried it may not be here either for Easter 22. If mine isn’t far behind yours then it could well be here in time.

(I stopped asking for dealer updates a while back as they were never good news lol)
I only rang just to add mud flaps and the 4 key option to the order when dealer informed me of the update. It's a Coast, manual,ascot grey with a few normal extras. Nothing too extravagant.

I only rang just to add mud flaps and the 4 key option to the order when dealer informed me of the update. It's a Coast, manual,ascot grey with a few normal extras. Nothing too extravagant.
aha yeah, from what i’m reading on here it seems the coasts are coming out faster. Mine’s an ocean but fairly bog stock, 150 DSG, no towbar or 4motion or whatever causes the big delays.

That's rather a large difference! Our Ocean is due Feb 22, would be nice if that would come forward but the Oceans seem to take much longer. Ordered mid April 21.
Hi Bob
The dealer and I kicked off on a misunderstanding from day one, but I prefer not to go into the details because it would quickly sound like mud slinging. Suffice to say that I understand that there is such a backlog in France, that VW Central allowed dealers to choose a maximum of 6 vehicles to be built ahead of original schedule. My Cali is one of those. The delay was initally 1 year, so I was expecting it in February 2022, but I got lucky. I pick it up on the 16th of September, and we will leave with it that weekend, so cant wait. Hang in, it will be worth the wait.

Hi Bob
The dealer and I kicked off on a misunderstanding from day one, but I prefer not to go into the details because it would quickly sound like mud slinging. Suffice to say that I understand that there is such a backlog in France, that VW Central allowed dealers to choose a maximum of 6 vehicles to be built ahead of original schedule. My Cali is one of those. The delay was initally 1 year, so I was expecting it in February 2022, but I got lucky. I pick it up on the 16th of September, and we will leave with it that weekend, so cant wait. Hang in, it will be worth the wait.
That's an excellent result, and nice profile pic ;)
If mine turned up this month I'd be in trouble anyway as I've spent some of the funds!

Since placing our order at the end of January I’ve been constantly watching this thread and learning lots from the rest of this amazing forum whilst waiting (and badgering VW chat).
I’m happy to say that we are at last status 20 and have a confirmed build week 36. I hope this gives hope to any of you who ordered at a similar time and fingers crossed that you’ll get your status 20 soon!
Interesting Martin I also ordered identical Ocean 6.1 204 with towbar (no 4WD) end of January and have been told for several weeks that my build week is week 36, although to expect some delays due to ‘chip shortages’. Also gone for white/green so you have good taste ;-) I ordered from Breeze Motors in Poole who have been very good, although less pro-active with status information since Tom was made sales manager. Be interested when you get delivery date. What does status 20 actually mean? And can a vehicle go into production build week but still be stuck at the end waiting for missing parts?

Interesting Martin I also ordered identical Ocean 6.1 204 with towbar (no 4WD) end of January and have been told for several weeks that my build week is week 36, although to expect some delays due to ‘chip shortages’. Also gone for white/green so you have good taste ;-) I ordered from Breeze Motors in Poole who have been very good, although less pro-active with status information since Tom was made sales manager. Be interested when you get delivery date. What does status 20 actually mean? And can a vehicle go into production build week but still be stuck at the end waiting for missing parts?
I believe status 20 means your build week is confirmed and will not change and you can no longer make changes to the spec (someone else may be able to confirm?). And seeing some other tortured souls on here yes I believe you can end up with a very long build if your van ends up waiting for parts

Yes it can be stuck! Ours has been stuck for what seems like ages. It went into build towards the end of June….! We ordered December. I’ve given up pondering when it may turn up…..

Yes it can be stuck! Ours has been stuck for what seems like ages. It went into build towards the end of June….! We ordered December. I’ve given up pondering when it may turn up…..
Whats stage are you at? Mine is at stage 7 which is quality control. On that basis it must be built. Cant see what the hold up is unless the quality is sh1t!

Cant see what the hold up is unless the quality is sh1t!
Be prepared! I read some horror-stories on the German forum...
I got confirmation that our Ocean arrived yesterday at our dealer in NL and some items that were ordere are not mounted or delivered (f.i. no spare underneath, no TPMS sensors)
So even quality-control is no insurance..

It is really good to hear of so many soon-to-be-delivered Californias, but can I ask a general question?
Does anybody honestly believe that the delivery of their California has been accelerated because of regular / continual questioning of VW Chat / their dealer?
The reason I ask is that the provisional build week for my California has recently and unexpectedly slipped back from 39 to 44 (I ordered a pretty standard Ocean 150 via DtD on 25th February this year).
I am content to be be patient, but am equally happy to badger all and sundry if I truly believe it will hasten the happy day. Thanks in advance of your replies.

It is really good to hear of so many soon-to-be-delivered Californias, but can I ask a general question?
Does anybody honestly believe that the delivery of their California has been accelerated because of regular / continual questioning of VW Chat / their dealer?
The reason I ask is that the provisional build week for my California has recently and unexpectedly slipped back from 39 to 44 (I ordered a pretty standard Ocean 150 via DtD on 25th February this year).
I am content to be be patient, but am equally happy to badger all and sundry if I truly believe it will hasten the happy day. Thanks in advance of your replies.
No - badgering your dealer/Chat does nothing to accelerate delivery in my view. Save yourself stress, and limit your contact with them. My dealer (Eurovans Crawley) has consistently broken his promise to update me 'as soon as anything changes', so I do ring them occasionally - I would suggest pick a day each month and call them, but more regular calling only causes frustration. Chat are hopeless unless you're in build - I'd avoid them.

No - badgering your dealer/Chat does nothing to accelerate delivery in my view. Save yourself stress, and limit your contact with them. My dealer (Eurovans Crawley) has consistently broken his promise to update me 'as soon as anything changes', so I do ring them occasionally - I would suggest pick a day each month and call them, but more regular calling only causes frustration. Chat are hopeless unless you're in build - I'd avoid them.

Totally agree, a watched kettle never boils save your self the stress and forget you’ve even ordered it and time passes that little easier with no stress and disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with both above, it makes absolutely no difference. I wouldn't say I've badgered anyone. I think I've made 3 or 4 enquiries in 8 months in the face of almost no contact. The reason I look for information is really to be able to plan things around the collection of the van, i.e Make sure I'm actually here in the UK to receive it when it's due to be delivered, sell my other car to make space for it etc.

Whats stage are you at? Mine is at stage 7 which is quality control. On that basis it must be built. Cant see what the hold up is unless the quality is sh1t!
Same - stage 7…..I believe it’s quality control stage but yeah been there a while!!!

Back