Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I just checked on mine, again build week 36 and it's at the port of exit waiting to be shipped. I am so excited!!!

Same!! Then off to VW Crawley for collection! All getting a bit real now... I best cash that ISA in quick smart!

Same!! Then off to VW Crawley for collection! All getting a bit real now... I best cash that ISA in quick smart!
Hi Duetveil, I’ll be collecting my Ocean later this year from Eurovans, Crawley. Would love to hear of your handover experience in due course.

Hi Duetveil, I’ll be collecting my Ocean later this year from Eurovans, Crawley. Would love to hear of your handover experience in due course.

Will do, so far they have been really good with communications etc. Mine was purchased through DrivetheDeal.com and is described as "delivered to your door" this was handed to the Crawley dealer.

I'm not expecting that much of an handover experience tbh... what with Covid and a third party delivery driver, that I expect will be used. I'm ok with that. Researching and reading up for me is all part of learning about the vehicle. I've taken delivery of a few work lease cars over the years and it's pretty matter of fact with the drivers... so expecting the same... regards Mike

Will do, so far they have been really good with communications etc. Mine was purchased through DrivetheDeal.com and is described as "delivered to your door" this was handed to the Crawley dealer.

I'm not expecting that much of an handover experience tbh... what with Covid and a third party delivery driver, that I expect will be used. I'm ok with that. Researching and reading up for me is all part of learning about the vehicle. I've taken delivery of a few work lease cars over the years and it's pretty matter of fact with the drivers... so expecting the same... regards Mike
Thanks Mike,
I went through DtD also, and like you am learning a lot about the vehicle through this great forum prior to collecting mine. I’ll check with them but don’t think delivery to my home address was included. I think I’d prefer to collect in person anyway so that any obvious issues can be flagged when I’m still at the dealership. The first drive journey home around the M25 might be a bit nervy though :)
Cheers, Mike

Thanks Mike,
I went through DtD also, and like you am learning a lot about the vehicle through this great forum prior to collecting mine. I’ll check with them but don’t think delivery to my home address was included. I think I’d prefer to collect in person anyway so that any obvious issues can be flagged when I’m still at the dealership. The first drive journey home around the M25 might be a bit nervy though :)
Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike, That's not a bad idea, on reflection.... and may also speed up delivery by a few days. I suppose midweek out of rush hour shouldn't be to bad on M25. One of the things putting me off is getting down there it''s 200 mile train ride..... Have you an approximate date yet? Cheers Mike

Hi Mike, That's not a bad idea, on reflection.... and may also speed up delivery by a few days. I suppose midweek out of rush hour shouldn't be to bad on M25. One of the things putting me off is getting down there it''s 200 mile train ride..... Have you an approximate date yet? Cheers Mike
I’m told my Ocean build starts on 5 October so I’m hopeful for a delivery late November/early December.

Hey, this is what VW chat told me to expect in terms of timescales:

The van can be at the Port of Exit (Emden) from 7-10 working days and 2-3 days to ship. It can be another 7-10 working days in the UK port and approximately 24-48 hours to deliver to the Van Centre. It can take 24-48 hours to perform all the necessary checks and for the Centre to call to arrange the handover of the vehicle

Hey, this is what VW chat told me to expect in terms of timescales:

The van can be at the Port of Exit (Emden) from 7-10 working days and 2-3 days to ship. It can be another 7-10 working days in the UK port and approximately 24-48 hours to deliver to the Van Centre. It can take 24-48 hours to perform all the necessary checks and for the Centre to call to arrange the handover of the vehicle
Many thanks, based on those estimates I might even get mine by mid-November. That would be great :)

Interestingly if you look at the drive the deal page for Calis it specifically says home delivery not possible and you have to pick up from dealer because of the complexity of the handover. The DTD agent I dealt with told me home delivery was available though. But the Crawley never mentioned it to me. I suspect wires have been crossed somewhere.

Interestingly if you look at the drive the deal page for Calis it specifically says home delivery not possible and you have to pick up from dealer because of the complexity of the handover. The DTD agent I dealt with told me home delivery was available though. But the Crawley never mentioned it to me. I suspect wires have been crossed somewhere.
Maybe they’re offering delivery because the handover in COVID times is simply a walk round the vehicle and a wave goodbye? Mike at Eurovans told me that once the vehicle has been sanitised, he can’t touch it let alone sit in it with the customer to demonstrate features/functions.

Just an update on our week 36 order - it’s currently sailing on the Malacca Highway vessel which left Emden earlier today. Expected to arrive in sheerness tomorrow morning. Hopefully then a few weeks to make it to the dealer and registration (although COVID may delay it I guess...)

Just an update on our week 36 order - it’s currently sailing on the Malacca Highway vessel which left Emden earlier today. Expected to arrive in sheerness tomorrow morning. Hopefully then a few weeks to make it to the dealer and registration (although COVID may delay it I guess...)
I just googled 'Malacca Highway' (I was bored) and found this web page:
Tells you the exact location and speed of the vessel.
Nerd heaven!

Hi.. My Cali is a week 36 build as well. How did you find out which ship your Cali was on. Was this from VW chat as well? Cheers

Thanks for the heads up.... I'm thinking more and more it would be prudent to spend half a day with a proper handover and inspection. Especially as a few issues have been raised by people and because of my distance from the dealer with the current shite that's happening again...that's if we're allowed! Knowing my luck we'll be locked down the day before my collection! They dont call me Lucky Mike for nothing...

Also tracking it! I need an update from VWCS but assumed mine might be on her!Regards Mike

Hi.. My Cali is a week 36 build as well. How did you find out which ship your Cali was on. Was this from VW chat as well? Cheers
Hi Ray if you ring the VW Commercial help line details in wedpage or email them with your CLI number thay can enquire for you and give you an update. Cheers Mike

Yes @Ray Jordan it was from VW chat, I would imagine yours would be in that ship too!

Thanks for the replies Guys.. Must be a great feeling to know the Cali's are in the UK.
Thought I would try VW Chat first... Mine is still in Emden at status 38 (Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping). VW told me that it arrived in port 15th Sept and the destination port is Grimsby but they can't tell me the ship name until status changes to 39 (Vehicle on ship) probs next day or two. Might do some detective work on myshiptracking.com just for the hell of it.
I suppose I'm getting a bit Antsy now especially with all the Covid spikes now happening. On reflection though, and with all those people far less fortunate than me, if that's all I have to worry about then I guess I'm in a reasonable place :) (It will be a much better reasonable place inside the Van though!)

Thanks for the replies Guys.. Must be a great feeling to know the Cali's are in the UK.
Thought I would try VW Chat first... Mine is still in Emden at status 38 (Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping). VW told me that it arrived in port 15th Sept and the destination port is Grimsby but they can't tell me the ship name until status changes to 39 (Vehicle on ship) probs next day or two. Might do some detective work on myshiptracking.com just for the hell of it.
I suppose I'm getting a bit Antsy now especially with all the Covid spikes now happening. On reflection though, and with all those people far less fortunate than me, if that's all I have to worry about then I guess I'm in a reasonable place :) (It will be a much better reasonable place inside the Van though!)
Exactly my thoughts. Expecting mine in late Oct so something to look forward to in these dire times. It’s going to be a long winter.

Yeeeeap! Been a long wait.... Seems ages since shuffling around the showrooms in May! Where is your dealer Ray? I assume it's in the Midlands...

My dealer is the Volkswagen Van Centre (Preston, Lancashire) part of Swansway Garages. The next worrying bit for me will be the collection.....

My dealer is the Volkswagen Van Centre (Preston, Lancashire) part of Swansway Garages. The next worrying bit for me will be the collection.....
Ah Grimsby would make more sense than Sheerness! The yes dealer collection is also my concern. In that, the distance to collect and any movement restrictions that my happen between now and then

Back