Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Congratulations! I’ve followed your thread and although sometimes a little painful to read as I felt your anguish I’m really pleased for you. Did Guy mention possible build date? And how will you go on if the 10% tax comes in after 1st January? Excited for you. Just hope there isn’t a ‘Dissappointed Part 2’ thread!!
o_OI hope not too!!!
Thanks. He said end of this year/early next as an estimate. Paperwork says January, again an estimate though. Will keep an eye on the tax thing. Hopefully it won’t be an issue but if it is he said we can cancel penalty free if we so wish.

Hooray.
I now have a confirmed build date from VW for my Cali Ocean.
Ordered - 20 July
Build - Week commencing 5 October.
I’m now cautiously optimistic I’ll have it by late Nov/early Dec.

Hi, I placed an order on 16 July from SMG for a new Ocean but still haven't got a confirmed build week yet. According to the dealer, my order only has an estimated build week of 47 (i.e., status 10 now)! Please may I ask what dealer you are with?

Hi, I placed an order on 16 July from SMG for a new Ocean but still haven't got a confirmed build week yet. According to the dealer, my order only has an estimated build week of 47 (i.e., status 10 now)! Please may I ask what dealer you are with?
Wow that’s poor. I ordered the day after you and they start building mine on Monday! eurovans crawley.

o_OI hope not too!!!
Thanks. He said end of this year/early next as an estimate. Paperwork says January, again an estimate though. Will keep an eye on the tax thing. Hopefully it won’t be an issue but if it is he said we can cancel penalty free if we so wish.
If it’s built Phil and in transit before 31/12/20 you should be ok, I looked at the Withdrawal Agreement today which covers existing VAT and duties rules, I.e they will be as they are now.

1599912371653.png

Eurovans Crawley
I’d go to the VW online chat with your 8 digit order number.
www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk

Goods news at last. We picked up our Cali last week from VW Liverpool (ordered 7th March). 199 DSG 4-motion in Indium Grey. A few niggles but frankly I don't care. Just been down to Shropshire for an over-nighter (from our home in Preston) for a shake-down. All I can say is that we are absolutely delighted with it. I'm blown away with the attention to detail, facilities, ergonomics, clean lines, the storage is amazing, everything.....It really does look the business too and drives like a dream. Slept like a baby in the pop-top. It was well worth the wait and of course on a 70 plate too. Adam at VW Liverpool couldn't do enough and has been supportive throughout. Good luck to those awaiting delayed vehicles I doubt you will be disappointed when it does arrive! One thing caught us out our insurance informed us late on that we need a tracker to comply with the policy so have to return to Liverpool on the 23rd to have it fitted.

Goods news at last. We picked up our Cali last week from VW Liverpool (ordered 7th March). 199 DSG 4-motion in Indium Grey. A few niggles but frankly I don't care. Just been down to Shropshire for an over-nighter (from our home in Preston) for a shake-down. All I can say is that we are absolutely delighted with it. I'm blown away with the attention to detail, facilities, ergonomics, clean lines, the storage is amazing, everything.....It really does look the business too and drives like a dream. Slept like a baby in the pop-top. It was well worth the wait and of course on a 70 plate too. Adam at VW Liverpool couldn't do enough and has been supportive throughout. Good luck to those awaiting delayed vehicles I doubt you will be disappointed when it does arrive! One thing caught us out our insurance informed us late on that we need a tracker to comply with the policy so have to return to Liverpool on the 23rd to have it fitted.
Glad you enjoyed it, who is the insurer?

That’s great news and really pleased for you. Thanks for the tip re the tracker.

We are hoping to get ours this week and hope to make a trip ASAP, (minus bike rack which are apparently on back order) !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you enjoyed it, who is the insurer?
Comfort insurance around £400.00 for me and the wife but if you have a clean accident history and no points I suspect you will get it cheaper. VW Liverpool recommended them and I have to say I'm not disappointed.

That’s great news and really pleased for you. Thanks for the tip re the tracker.

We are hoping to get ours this week and hope to make a trip ASAP, (minus bike rack which are apparently on back order) !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently the bike carrier shortage is a world-wide issue and could be some time before things get back to normal. I'll be soooo pleased when this Covid thing is over. Driving me mad.

Comfort insurance around £400.00 for me and the wife but if you have a clean accident history and no points I suspect you will get it cheaper. VW Liverpool recommended them and I have to say I'm not disappointed.
Cheers Deekey, I insured my MoHo with them and there was a requirement for a tracker, fortunately one was in the spec. I did a few online quotes with them for my future Cali and a tracker wasn't mentioned? I had a serious accident last year and the legal cover supplied with Comfort (DAS Law) have been excellent pursuing my injury claim, still ongoing due to Covid delays, but I am getting private treatment, scans etc all covered by the insurance. The 3rd Party will be paying mind when it is all settled.

What is the price of the tracker Liverpool have specified? Is it decent?

Last edited:
Cheers Deekey, I insured my MoHo with them and there was a requirement for a tracker, fortunately one was in the spec. I did a few online quotes with them for my future Cali and a tracker wasn't mentioned? I had a serious accident last year and the legal cover supplied with Comfort (DAS Law) have been excellent pursuing my injury claim, still ongoing due to Covid delays, but I am getting private treatment, scans etc all covered by the insurance. The 3rd Party will be paying mind when it is all settled.

What is the price of the tracker Liverpool have specified? Is it decent?
if I am tea ding the 6.1 blurb correctly, the We Connect system gives an alert to your phone if the vehicle is moved and allows real time tracking of it’s location. Would that satisfy your insurer?

if I am tea ding the 6.1 blurb correctly, the We Connect system gives an alert to your phone if the vehicle is moved and allows real time tracking of it’s location. Would that satisfy your insurer?
I quite like the WeConnect system. However it does not provide real-time tracking. A right faff to set up, the VW telephone support was actually very good but still took 2 hours on the phone! Clearly the dealer didn't bother assisting/explaining when you have just spent only £60k.

Each time the ignition is switched off the vehicle's parking position is sent to your WeConnect account. Perhaps useful if you are on holiday, or somewhere unfamiliar, as you can check on the app.

You can set up to 10 area alerts. You set the location, and set a zone, once the vehicle exits that zone you receive a notification on your phone. I know this works because my vehicle went back to the dealer and I wanted to know if they were going to bother to take it for a test drive! Again, immediate notification on your phone.

Also if the interior alarm goes off you receive a notification - my 6 year old daughter inadvertently tested this for me! Another useful function is you can check whether windows/doors are closed/locked.

I quite like the WeConnect system. However it does not provide real-time tracking. A right faff to set up, the VW telephone support was actually very good but still took 2 hours on the phone! Clearly the dealer didn't bother assisting/explaining when you have just spent only £60k.

Each time the ignition is switched off the vehicle's parking position is sent to your WeConnect account. Perhaps useful if you are on holiday, or somewhere unfamiliar, as you can check on the app.

You can set up to 10 area alerts. You set the location, and set a zone, once the vehicle exits that zone you receive a notification on your phone. I know this works because my vehicle went back to the dealer and I wanted to know if they were going to bother to take it for a test drive! Again, immediate notification on your phone.

Also if the interior alarm goes off you receive a notification - my 6 year old daughter inadvertently tested this for me! Another useful function is you can check whether windows/doors are closed/locked.
Pretty sure Comfort wanted a Thatcham approved tracker, fortunately the Moho was fitted with one. But as Subthree says the locator on We Connect only tells you where it is parked, handy if the robbing bar steward parks it up to cool off.

Pretty sure Comfort wanted a Thatcham approved tracker, fortunately the Moho was fitted with one.
Our T6.1 is insured with Comfort, no requirement for a tracker. They did say we would need a tracker if insuring a Ford or Fiat based MH, apparently much more desirable to steal for parts than a VW Cali.

Our T6.1 is insured with Comfort, no requirement for a tracker. They did say we would need a tracker if insuring a Ford or Fiat based MH, apparently much more desirable to steal for parts than a VW Cali.
No mention of the tracker when I was quoting my Cali, it was @Deekay who said Comfort insisted on one? See what he says when back on.

So my build week is confirmed, week 45, first week of November. Not bad for an order placed in March with original delivery expected first week of June. Fingers crossed for a Christmas pressie

o_OI hope not too!!!
I didn't even think of the tax situation re brexit, I have contacted the dealer today and they do not know the position Volkswagen are taking on order placed before hand at this point in time, I have asked if I can cancel penalty free if required although I would be loathed to do so, it's such a dark cloud on an otherwise really exciting purchase.

Yes a substantial discount, 4 times what my local VW van centre could offer. I used DrivetheDeal deal.
I saved a fortune with Drivethedeal. We ordered 12th June then handed over Vic at VW Crawley, who sorted everything for a build week 36 (1st week Sept).

I've just had an update this afternoon from customer services and he (Billy the Ocean) arrived at the shipping port (assume Emden) yesterday! Getting excited now!

I'm sorry to hear others are having delays that really sucks! It looks like the bigger dealers are getting fulfillment slots allocated as a preference. I suspect VW are trying to get as many in the country as possible before the inevitable changes. Fingers crossed for everyone:thumb

Hi all, we collected ours today and very happy. Off to the highlands on Saturday for a shake down. For the purposes of the original thread; Ordered 13/4, with a forecast build week 29. Started on Week 29 (13 July) delivered to me Week 38. Lockdown impacts about 5 weeks between order then factory closed / open, and after Week 29 it was delayed about 2.5 weeks holidays and await parts. So I think 7 to 8 weeks from build week is current position. Cheers A

Hi all, we collected ours today and very happy. Off to the highlands on Saturday for a shake down. For the purposes of the original thread; Ordered 13/4, with a forecast build week 29. Started on Week 29 (13 July) delivered to me Week 38. Lockdown impacts about 5 weeks between order then factory closed / open, and after Week 29 it was delayed about 2.5 weeks holidays and await parts. So I think 7 to 8 weeks from build week is current position. Cheers A
Fabulous stuff. Enjoy!!!

Brilliant have fun!!

Back