Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Ah Grimsby would make more sense than Sheerness! The yes dealer collection is also my concern. In that, the distance to collect and any movement restrictions that my happen between now and then
Be interesting to what you think as these should be MY21, the sliding Door should have an opening window. Good to a photo or two.

Just called VWCS mines arrived in UK today(Malacca Highway)...so Week 36's builds should be here....
:bananadance2
My week 30 build arrived today also - no idea why it’s 6 extra weeks on top of your build week delivery....

My week 30 build arrived today also - no idea why it’s 6 extra weeks on top of your build week delivery....
Makes you wonder‍ if the dealer had to block order or something. There was a build spec change from MY20 to MY21 around that time. You may have missed the cut off date but get a later spec but I'm only guessing. Hope you get good news soon!

Last edited:
Makes you wonder‍♂ if the dealer had to block order or something. There was a build spec change from MY20 to MY21 around that time. You may have missed the cut off date but get a later spec but I'm only guessing. Hope you get good news soon!
It was confirmed that my build was a 21 year build as change over was week 29 .... so I don’t know why the delay...

Be interesting to what you think as these should be MY21, the sliding Door should have an opening window. Good to a photo or two.
Is that correct? There wasn’t an option for us to add an opening window. I wouldn’t have done anyway as I’d rather have the double glazing. But if it’s standard I’ll have to live with it.

Is that correct? There wasn’t an option for us to add an opening window. I wouldn’t have done anyway as I’d rather have the double glazing. But if it’s standard I’ll have to live with it.
Sliding windows are spec, from what can understand via YouTube and the brochure rear quarter windows and tailgate are double glazed privacy glass.

Ah Grimsby would make more sense than Sheerness! The yes dealer collection is also my concern. In that, the distance to collect and any movement restrictions that my happen between now and then
For Grimsby, you want the 'City of Rotterdam' on the ship tracker. Its alternates between Grimsby and Newcastle.

So, my Week 29 got its shake down this weekend in Strathyre near Callander. Glorious weekend and the van is everything we hoped for. Quality excellent and even though it is the 150BHP, it feels that it can cope with anything. Very happy and planning the next outing. p.s. The auxilliary heater is exceptionally good.0DE10D70-1B2B-4CB6-9D38-DE81118A0C10_1_105_c.jpeg

Looks great! May I ask what awning you bought?! Thx

Looks great! May I ask what awning you bought?! Thx
Vango Kela V low. That was the biggest learning / challenge of the weekend to be honest. I think we've already decided its only for stays of three or more nights and may alternate with a simpler storeage / toilet tent for two or less nights. Because of the heavy dew, we actually took it down the last night when it was dry and so glad we did. I'm sure we will get quicker at erecting, but for just two of us it's probably only for longer trips. p.s. Had a old tarp under it, and that trick worked very well.
DD6591C6-58E3-4F96-B06B-42248822279B_1_105_c.jpeg

Vango Kela V low. That was the biggest learning / challenge of the weekend to be honest. I think we've already decided its only for stays of three or more nights and may alternate with a simpler storeage / toilet tent for two or less nights. Because of the heavy dew, we actually took it down the last night when it was dry and so glad we did. I'm sure we will get quicker at erecting, but for just two of us it's probably only for longer trips. p.s. Had a old tarp under it, and that trick worked very well.
View attachment 66724
Looks a great setup.
I have a kela low too. I use the vango kela footprint lined up against the tyres then connect the awning to the van before pumping it up. This also gives me something to line up to if i drive away and return.

Did you connect to the cali awning or to the tent rail?

Looks a great setup.
I have a kela low too. I use the vango kela footprint lined up against the tyres then connect the awning to the van before pumping it up. This also gives me something to line up to if i drive away and return.

Did you connect to the cali awning or to the tent rail?
Awning, but welcome ideas !

Woop Woop just had a call from Mike at Eurovans Crawley my Cali has arrived this afternoon!! Only just off the boat yesterday...so they are moving them out very quickly! Figures crossed for weekend pick up!!

Woop Woop just had a call from Mike at Eurovans Crawley my Cali has arrived this afternoon!! Only just off the boat yesterday...so they are moving them out very quickly! Figures crossed for weekend pick up!!
Isnt there a big delay while they get registered with DVLA? Interesting to hear your experiences as i am about 3 weeks behind you and also ordering via crawley. Good luck!

Need some nice pictures once you have calmed down

Isnt there a big delay while they get registered with DVLA? Interesting to hear your experiences as i am about 3 weeks behind you and also ordering via crawley. Good luck!
Please keep us posted.

Not sure about DVLA... didnt seem to be a problem mentioned from their end but will keep you posted. Keep checking with your status update and let the Dealer know you're on it too. I think that helps focus their efforts as well...

Last edited:
Not sure about DVLA... didnt seem to be a problem mentioned from their end but will keep you posted. Keep checking with your status update and let the Dealer know you're not it too. I think that helps focus their efforts as well...

My registration went flawlessly &
electronically and V5 arrived in under a week. I’d just prime dealer so their admin are on to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it the White / Green version we saw it there today. We went along to place our order. The guy said a few vans were delivered yesterday / today.
If yours is the green/white it looks fab!

If it the White / Green version we saw it there today. We went along to place our order. The guy said a few vans were delivered yesterday / today.
You should have offered a tenner to take it straight off their hands and jump the queue

Yes that's the one!! Unless anyone less has one on week 36 order I guess ! :D :thumb

What have you ordered?? :thumb

Should be ordering tomorrow. Similar to yours actually which is why I noticed it. Love the split colours and only adding a couple of 'essential' extras. It comes with so much as standard. Hoping for delivery before the 10% import duty :rolleyes:

Well after a bit of chasing by me I heard from my dealer today. Unfortunately my week 45 build van is expected to be ready for collection mid Feb :(
No idea why it would take that long but the dealer was sure it wouldn't be until then!

Now waiting to hear back from them regarding some items missed from my order and despite me signing the order paperwork there's been change in VW Finance terms meaning i won't get the free services or extra waranty but a slightly cheaper APR.
Not feeling much of a valued VW customer at the moment :mad:

Well after a bit of chasing by me I heard from my dealer today. Unfortunately my week 45 build van is expected to be ready for collection mid Feb :(
No idea why it would take that long but the dealer was sure it wouldn't be until then!

Now waiting to hear back from them regarding some items missed from my order and despite me signing the order paperwork there's been change in VW Finance terms meaning i won't get the free services or extra waranty but a slightly cheaper APR.
Not feeling much of a valued VW customer at the moment :mad:
That ain’t good. Which dealer is it? Seems to be a bit of a difference between different dealers. I’d push them on the services/warranty thing. That’s a bit unfair.

Back