Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Mine ends up single digit % cheaper than ordering new, it'll be 5 months old with 6k KM. The advantage of this one is that you jump the waiting list, but also because of the way the leasing is calculated the 'Restwert' is higher on a used model than a new one so the monthly cost is far lower. I got a deal on winter wheels and some accessories thrown in, but I don't think that's any different to what would happen with a new one. With non-AMAG dealerships the leasing is prohibitive as through other firms it's at a higher interest rate with a lower Restwert so very quickly ends up in four figure numbers.

Autoscout show a 'new price' but this doesn't include the 'Liberty Sondermodel' discount of about CHF 10k so something showing a new price of 80k on there would actually be 70k from the factory if you ordered it. There is one we looked at where I went home and configured it to find the used one was priced up at 1k above the actual list price for that model and spec.

I've also been told that AMAG have stopped staff taking Californias on their normal 5 month replacement cycle and moved them to 18 months, which will limit the supply of nearly new stock going forward.

Yeah, I corrected myself in the post right after. I was half asleep writing it ;)

All I found on Autoscout today was actually more expensive (comparing to options these cars had vs what I have ordered).
I guess it’s too late in the game for me anyway as order is signed on my side.

Regarding the leasing, what % did you get? I was offered 3.9% (from Amag) which is much higher that other brands at the moment (which are usually below 1%).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very thank you! All I can tell you and Scoots, is that mine was held up by the summer factory break and also waiting parts to complete. (I assume the MY 20 completion issues, as Wk 29 was last of that Model Year). I feel that that all set mine back about 2 and a bit weeks, so if I get mine say (fingers and toes crossed) for week 38 that would suggest 7 or 8 weeks from build week. I'd also suggest mine was caught up a little with post Covid lockdown start up and clearing the back log. As we all know following this thread, nothing seems as predicatable as it perhaps should be. I'd also suggest that the landing port (e.g. Sheerness) appears a bigger challenge to get the vans out of compared to perhaps Grimsby or Tyne. Nearer the delivery time, discussing registration with dealer is also worth it. FYI my trade-in has private plates which I am retaining, so I can retain these now (£80) and therefore they are ready for placing onto the Van straightaway and saves the wait for new registration which has caused some new owners issues earlier in this thread. Hope that all helps in some form !

My order 12th June delayed slightly due to the MY21 spec changeover they said. Week 36 build ETA end of October. A pal of mine has just been told May 2021 if he orders now!!! Also ,I spoke to my dealership about first registration, they said that they just need copy of the reg certificate when it arrives from DVLA to do the paperwork in advance.... I managed to bag VW61 OCN at a decent price, anything CALs has gone or silly money.....he says, having just spent 70k on a lot of plastic :eek:..... still 7 or 8 weeks wait yet :headbang

Yeah, I corrected myself in the post right after. I was half asleep writing it ;)

All I found on Autoscout today was actually more expensive (comparing to options these cars had vs what I have ordered).
I guess it’s too late in the game for me anyway as order is signed on my side.

Regarding the leasing, what % did you get? I was offered 3.9% (from Amag) which is much higher that other brands at the moment (which are usually below 1%).

The one I looked at is the beige one in Zug at about 66k, it's around 64-65 if you spec it on the VW site.

3.9% is standard, anything lower is heavily subsidised by the manufacturer so you don't get it on desirable cars. The likes of Cembra will be more like 4.9% or more. 3.9 is around cost price really, although the money is cheap the risk can be high - I'm sitting on a BMW right now which is in CHF 7k of negative equity and when I return it the leasing co is going to take most of that loss.

Standard rate on a used one is 4.4% but there's a deal where the rate reduces if you take an AMAG service pack by 0.4% which is what I've done (means the servicing is about CHF5 per month net).

I got very lucky on this one I think, I'm buying from a Seat dealer as it was used by a staff member there, so it didn't go to a VW van place where they've got a huge list of customers waiting for one. It seems the most sensible option is to just factory order and wait for it really, as you get the full warranty and it's exactly the spec you want. Ours is close but we've had to compromise on not having the wood floor. I think you've made the right call really.

The one I looked at is the beige one in Zug at about 66k, it's around 64-65 if you spec it on the VW site.

3.9% is standard, anything lower is heavily subsidised by the manufacturer so you don't get it on desirable cars. The likes of Cembra will be more like 4.9% or more. 3.9 is around cost price really, although the money is cheap the risk can be high - I'm sitting on a BMW right now which is in CHF 7k of negative equity and when I return it the leasing co is going to take most of that loss.

Standard rate on a used one is 4.4% but there's a deal where the rate reduces if you take an AMAG service pack by 0.4% which is what I've done (means the servicing is about CHF5 per month net).

I got very lucky on this one I think, I'm buying from a Seat dealer as it was used by a staff member there, so it didn't go to a VW van place where they've got a huge list of customers waiting for one. It seems the most sensible option is to just factory order and wait for it really, as you get the full warranty and it's exactly the spec you want. Ours is close but we've had to compromise on not having the wood floor. I think you've made the right call really.

I’m happy it worked out for you :) It it’s close enough, I think it makes sense as price is similar and there is no waiting.
I would probably also decide for such car if there any available when I was looking.
I just hope I can really get it before spring starts as I’ve seen crazy delays at least on this forum.
Unless I would found a great offer, buy it and sell in the spring (seems popular)

I wish you lots of joy with your Cali!

Hooray.
I now have a confirmed build date from VW for my Cali Ocean.
Ordered - 20 July
Build - Week commencing 5 October.
I’m now cautiously optimistic I’ll have it by late Nov/early Dec.
Ordered mine 17th July and have had build date confirmed for 14th September. How long do they take to build? They told me to get another update in 3 weeks so I’m assuming that’s how long it takes.

Ordered mine 17th July and have had build date confirmed for 14th September. How long do they take to build? They told me to get another update in 3 weeks so I’m assuming that’s how long it takes.
It is normally a week for the build, then 2-4 weeks to get to the UK port. Transport company then as 10 working days to get it to the dealer. I would say by late October you should be looking at collection. :thumb

VW online chat suggested I contact them again 2 weeks after the build starts to get an update on shipping, so I’m guessing it’s a 7 To 10 day build? Just praying now there’s not another Covid induced factory shutdown.

hello
we ordered a california on August 31th and delivery would be in May 2021. We are also very much anxiously looking forward to it, but in the meantime we still have our T4 westfalia so this softens it.
Greetings and congratulations with your order!

It is normally a week for the build, then 2-4 weeks to get to the UK port. Transport company then as 10 working days to get it to the dealer. I would say by late October you should be looking at collection. :thumb
☝️I like this guy

hello
we ordered a california on August 31th and delivery would be in May 2021. We are also very much anxiously looking forward to it, but in the meantime we still have our T4 westfalia so this softens it.
Greetings and congratulations with your order!
You have a very long wait :-(

☝I like this guy
I presume you know your order number. If so then just keep contacting VW via live chat every couple of days. Ask for the "status number". 38 is at German port, 39 on boat, 40 in uk. Search on the forum and you will find the full list of numbers.

Hooray.
Ordered - 20 July

Oooh Oooh Me too!

ordered 3rd August and now have a confirmed build week of 41 (oct 5th)

my dealer still maintains an end of oct, first week of November for delivery but I was thinking more mid November ..

fingers crossed .. I mean how long can it really take to build one of theses things ! :)

You have a very long wait :-(
Yes, it is.
the explanation of the vw dealer was like this: covid19 had already shut down the factory, when it started running again, the mechanics had to keep their distance from each other and only be present in the hall (the 'California hall') with a certain number. This does not promote the construction of the mainly manual conversion of transporter to California. They were and are lagging considerably behind...
In the meantime we'll make trips with our T4 as we did for 8 years and this makes the wait a bit more pleasant ;)
Greetings

Hooray.
Ordered - 20 July

I thought mine was to good to be true. Ordered 12/8 and was told week 43 by the dealer but just checked with VW chat and its actually week 45 build date of 2nd Nov. they also said its aprox 8 weeks from build start to taking delivery, thats going to be tight for the B word.

I thought mine was to good to be true. Ordered 12/8 and was told week 43 by the dealer but just checked with VW chat and its actually week 45 build date of 2nd Nov. they also said its aprox 8 weeks from build start to taking delivery, thats going to be tight for the B word.
As long as it is in transit you should not get duties if there isn’t a deal. Incidentally what info did you need to provide to get an update from VW?

As long as it is in transit you should not get duties if there isn’t a deal. Incidentally what info did you need to provide to get an update from VW?
Same as Grumpy Grandad and went on the VW online chat quoting my order number.
First time I did it they found my 8 digit order id for me as the dealer hadn't given it to me. They just needed my name, the date I ordered and from where.

Placed our order on 20th August and just had an unconfirmed build date of week 43 so w/c 19th October! Am finding it very hard not to get too excited as its our first Cali :bananadance2

Thank you both, I can’t find the info on Gov.Uk re the goods in transit, I can only find that statement concerning Alchohol tobacco and certain oils?,

Hi, I have just placed an order this afternoon, the dealership told me anywhere between 3 and 6 months ! I had already read through some of this thread so I knew I was in for a long wait.

Thank you both, I can’t find the info on Gov.Uk re the goods in transit, I can only find that statement concerning Alchohol tobacco and certain oils?,

I'd be surprised if VW have any vehicles in transit on NYE. There’s probably a two week Xmas shutdown

2B05538E-88BA-482D-AA02-318B2755CEE5.png

Us too!! Ordered today :D
Congratulations! I’ve followed your thread and although sometimes a little painful to read as I felt your anguish I’m really pleased for you. Did Guy mention possible build date? And how will you go on if the 10% tax comes in after 1st January? Excited for you. Just hope there isn’t a ‘Dissappointed Part 2’ thread!!

Back