Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I ordered 11th August. Provisional build week was 41, changed recently to 43. Was told by dealer that confirmation of build week would come in the week before (i.e. week 42).
As mentioned above the allocated build week must be dependent on the vehicle specification/trim levels etc and NOT simply ‘n’ weeks after placing the order. I ordered on 20 July and I’m advised that mine is being built week commencing 5 October (Week 41). This was reconfirmed by VW this morning.

I was so optimistic, but while other folk on W36 build have their new babies on the ship, ours is still at the exit port :(. I'm assuming that's because it's coming up north...I'll keep you posted!

As mentioned above the allocated build week must be dependent on the vehicle specification/trim levels etc and NOT simply ‘n’ weeks after placing the order. I ordered on 20 July and I’m advised that mine is being built week commencing 5 October (Week 41). This was reconfirmed by VW this morning.
Yes, and I was wondering if week 43 is because of the options I chose (4motion, candy white, detachable towbar etc etc). Of course I might get punted from week 43 too ...

I was so optimistic, but while other folk on W36 build have their new babies on the ship, ours is still at the exit port :(. I'm assuming that's because it's coming up north...I'll keep you posted!
@Katrina... mine is a week 36 build and has been at Emden since Sept 15th. It is destined for Grimsby with the dealer in Preston. I notice there is a ship at Emden loading up as we speak (Weser Highway). The Weser Highway has an ETA of 4pm for Grimsby tomorrow. I hope that mine and maybe yours then may be on that ship.
VW did tell me today that for wk 36 builds, the worst case last departure date from Emden to UK is Sept 30th.
Fingers still crossed :)

We ordered on 8th August and got an email from our dealer yesterday giving a confirmed build of week 41 (5th October).

Order is for an Ocean 150 in Starlight Blue. Options are Devenports with 235 all weather tyres, 80l fuel tank and comfort mattress.

Following advice on here we are not buying anything for the van except gas

We ordered on 8th August and got an email from our dealer yesterday giving a confirmed build of week 41 (5th October).

Order is for an Ocean 150 in Starlight Blue. Options are Devenports with 235 all weather tyres, 80l fuel tank and comfort mattress.

Following advice on here we are not buying anything for the van except gas
Nice rapid build there good luck and happy days!

Well i

Well I got an amended invoice from my dealer today so things are a bit clearer now.
Some good news, some bad.

On the plus side the 4.9% PCP quote I had initially has been replaced with a 3.6% rate which will save me quite a bit of money if I decide to take the finance.

Not so good is the removal of the 2 free services, 4 year warranty and breakdown cover that came with the 4.9% deal.
I can buy 2 services up front for £99 and 5 year warranty for £299 so on the balance of things i'm still better off.

I was also pleased to see the dealer had been reasonable with my change of spec from 150 to 199 and had given me the roughly same percentage discount as before. They didn't have to because I changed the spec after the discounted price had been agreed but nice to see they did.

VW chat confirm week 45 W/C 2nd Nov & 8 - 10 weeks from build start to arriving with the dealer which puts it at begining of Jan 21 so its going to be tight.
We have the same build week date as you - ordered on 13th August. We are keeping fingers crossed for collection before the end of the year.

Didn't know to check the model but sounds liken MY21 then!
Direct order
I got an email from AutoEbid saying they are expecting a California price increase 1st October

We have the same build week date as you - ordered on 13th August. We are keeping fingers crossed for collection before the end of the year.
I placed my order 12/8 but amended the spec 2/9.
I guess this is why the finance quote changed?

@Katrina... mine is a week 36 build and has been at Emden since Sept 15th. It is destined for Grimsby with the dealer in Preston. I notice there is a ship at Emden loading up as we speak (Weser Highway). The Weser Highway has an ETA of 4pm for Grimsby tomorrow. I hope that mine and maybe yours then may be on that ship.
VW did tell me today that for wk 36 builds, the worst case last departure date from Emden to UK is Sept 30th.
We might be on the 30th crossing then, it went to port on 8th Sept but It was still there as at yesterday. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas LOL! enjoy yours when it gets to you.

Fantastic!!! Do let us know how it is. We’ve ordered the same model as you. What colour is yours?
Indium grey - sneaked a peak of it at the compound today pre prep- looks super (I’m slightly biased I know)

I placed my order on 17 July. Basic spec Coast. I was given a build week of 38 (which I was week starting 14 Sept). I got an update today saying build is complete and the vehicle is transit from factory to port of exit in Emden, and they are waiting arrival at Emden. Hopefully no Duck Turpin characters on the way will nick it.
I was given an original pick up time of mid November so it looks well ahead of that.

I placed my order on 17 July. Basic spec Coast. I was given a build week of 38 (which I was week starting 14 Sept). I got an update today saying build is complete and the vehicle is transit from factory to port of exit in Emden, and they are waiting arrival at Emden. Hopefully no Duck Turpin characters on the way will nick it.
I was given an original pick up time of mid November so it looks well ahead of that.
That’s great news for you......and the rest of us hopefully!

Have you heard anymore on yours ? I tried chat again this morning and mine is still at the Exit port

Is it a MY21?
Yes - one of the first I recon... spotted so far that there is no wireless charger despite the dealer/me/ spec saying it should have it, and the mirrors do not fold when locking due to a software bug... Has the pop in/out window on the door as well.
In the honeymoon period and She’s nice!

Congrats, Pictures?
BDF21AAC-25EB-4FD8-BC86-CA9158AE6E9D.jpegDC06022D-8959-4516-BFE6-1F0D96F9A28C.jpegCB910D99-21C8-42EB-909E-C86A0137AE94.jpeg

Hi, exciting times!

Can I ask what colour seat cloth this is called and how it was described on your order form?

Thanks, SB

Back