Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

For those of you who are following the delivery timescale of others to gain an insight into your own expected wait, I can let you have another update on my order. I called my dealer today as I had heard nothing for a month. Got the good news that my ocean is now at stage 38; at Emden cleared for shipping. Not much longer to wait
Latest news is that my new Ocean is at Breeze in Poole ready for collection after they have lowered and undersealed it. Ordered 1st Feb 2021. Booked a couple of nights in Swanage to give it a trial run. Hope it's as faultless as my current 2008 Ocean Edition.

Latest news is that my new Ocean is at Breeze in Poole ready for collection after they have lowered and undersealed it. Ordered 1st Feb 2021. Booked a couple of nights in Swanage to give it a trial run. Hope it's as faultless as my current 2008 Ocean Edition.
Fingers crossed for you. Undersealed with Dinitrol?
You think it necessary because you live near the sea?

Meant 2018 Edition.

Fingers crossed for you. Undersealed with Dinitrol?
You think it necessary because you live near the sea?
Yes, had to have brake discs replaced at 18 months and underside has surface rust. So being cautious this time.

I’m taking it straight to Azuri in Stevenage for a ceramic and ppf-ing, then picking it up 5 days later for its first overnight (solo :D) at South Lytchett Manor before an early Alpine speaker upgrade at Advanced In-Car in Poole and to pick up a sliding rear tray from @Craig Storey. Won’t be able to get away properly until end of November
Ive been thinking about ceramic and PPF-ing. What king of money do Azeri charge for an Ocean?

How was your first drive? Great colour choice. What options did you go for?
Love driving it, just getting used to all the features and the fact I’ve not driven an automatic before.
I chose sports pack, wood effect floor, shower attachment, 80l fuel tank and 4 keys.
Tried most bits out today and hoping to do an overnight in it next weekend.

I thought the red would be a bit naff, but it looks really good and with the black alloys it looks amazing.

Feeling a touch jealous…

I am tempted to get mine lowered before collection. Did you go for the springs or coilovers?
Had the VW -30mm springs. Have them on my current Ocean with standard 17inch alloys and happy with the ride. Bonus is that with the VW £500 goodwill voucher means that they will cost me £20! Happy days.

That does look good. I’m now doubting my choice of colour.
Don’t. Not until you’ve seen it in the metal, these colours are so hard to photograph. FWIW I was going to order Fortana but settled on Starlight in tribute to my late dad’s van which was the same colour.
However I couldn’t see either colour on a physical van before buying.

Then recently by complete coincidence I was in a forest car park with both colour vans parked side by side lol
I think I prefer the red slightly more in general but the blue wins in certain lights. I’d be happy with either tbh

Don’t. Not until you’ve seen it in the metal, these colours are so hard to photograph. FWIW I was going to order Fortana but settled on Starlight in tribute to my late dad’s van which was the same colour.
However I couldn’t see either colour on a physical van before buying.

Then recently by complete coincidence I was in a forest car park with both colour vans parked side by side lol
I think I prefer the red slightly more in general but the blue wins in certain lights. I’d be happy with either tbh
Cheers. I spent much time deliberating in my head about colour. Blue was my second option. Of course I’ve seen loads of the things since I ordered, mostly white. Saw 1 Ascot Grey which looked pretty good but I’m sticking to mojaive.

There’s not a bad one. I’m not huge on the green but that’s just me. First choice was black but vetoed by family. Happy I went with blue. It’s a slightly bigger deal here as the options are much more expensive - Starlight Blue cost another grand and a half (euros) - dont think it’s that steep in UK

Absolutely loving everyones new van photos and really hope I graduate to this stage one day! Almost 11 months now…..

That does look good. I’m now doubting my choice of colour.
I love the colour but I think I’d have liked whatever I’d picked. I managed to see the red on a transporter when I ordered. I liked the starlight blue but thought the black of the sports pack wouldn’t be as noticeable.

We ordered our Ocean mid June this year in Ireland, was just given build week 16 with delivery to site week 20 next year.
We also received this letter from VW with the dealers email. Not sure what to make of this TBH :(

Attachments

• Production-Delays---Customer-Letter-19102021 (1).pdf
    463.8 KB · Views: 132
We ordered our Ocean mid June this year in Ireland, was just given build week 16 with delivery to site week 20 next year.
We also received this letter from VW with the dealers email. Not sure what to make of this TBH :(
Looks like a head office template for the dealer to personalise. They obviously forgot as they are probably very busy … or perhaps they just couldn’t be bothered!

I’m not sure if this is a step in the right direction from a communication point of view, or a step back!

Hi StevoC we too are awaiting delivery of our van ordered end Dec 2020. We have been told that it gone through production and is in internal Transfer? whatever that is.. We are told it is due in Ireland over the next few weeks and it should be ready for JAnuary 221 plates also we will get caught for the increase in VRT tax. i hope you get yours when they say it is due.

Hi StevoC we too are awaiting delivery of our van ordered end Dec 2020. We have been told that it gone through production and is in internal Transfer? whatever that is.. We are told it is due in Ireland over the next few weeks and it should be ready for JAnuary 221 plates also we will get caught for the increase in VRT tax. i hope you get yours when they say it is due.
Got mine ordered mid December 2020 and arrived to Ireland last week, expected to be at the dealers this week. I've decided to collect it on the first week of January though to get the 221 plate and because I won't be in the country for most of December. I'll go to check it out as soon as the dealer has it and will post pictures. I can't only recommend to be patient, the dealers can't do much and they're as frustrated as we are. Hopefully, it'll pay off soon.

How much has the VRT rate increased Ceolgra? Never thought of that.
I was given build week 3 of 2022... guessing that will probably skip a bit also. Received no 'Patience Letter' from them either.

Back